Reviews for Taste the Pain
Mew57 chapter 1 . 2/12/2015
Wow.. this was too sad... but well written one! :)
Sage of Wind Dragons chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
god dam it, in a lot of ways Goku really got shafted didn't he/ then again we don't get to SEE him when their isn't a threat going on and in some ways he was a good fella, He probably should have trained with CHichi more or something or gotten his friends the extra training he always got I mean damm.
really just damm.
Good luck with all of that though!
Angelfish369 chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
this hurts. there is so much intensity in the line that says everything he touched broke. i am sure there is this side to goku, where he thinks the earth might indeed be better off without him. there is lots of discussion about how he is a great person but not a good father and husband. some argued he was never one to settle and it's his selfish desires to train in the other world. but what you presented here made me pause to think. he can't stop training even if he wanted to. enemies will always continue to threaten the earth and their purpose is to go after him. he feels at fault for putting the earth in danger so his only redemption is to always be the strongest. thank you for sharing this piece.
Esplandian chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
OOC alright, but the thought is there. I bet that Goku could have had that sort of moment, it explains why he decided to remain in the other world anyhow.

The only detail is that Goku learned that he killed is Grandpa when he was 25 (Vegeta's fight).

Dora Mouse, glad to see you back.
Piccolo is green chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
This is an amazing story.
soontobegone chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
Aw, poor Goku...I'll save you!.! I love this! He's my favorite character and this story is just...amazing. I love how you portrayed Goku. Terrific job.
bewize chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
Amazing. This has got to be the best Goku intropsective I've ever read. And I'm really in awe about how well you captured his character. It's unusual to see Goku think, but he never really seems stupid, more just determined to make it through with the "ignorance is bliss" lifestyle.

I really liked this! Thank you for sharing it.
Metal-Bubble chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
poor goku. I've always wondered why he never showed any emotions about radditz's death. Good story.
SashaBatTzion chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
You're very good! Goku is human, well, not really but you know what I mean, after all. The way you wrote this seems really in character for him. All of your fics I've read so far have been excellent. It's nice to know there are still awesome writers out there! Keep up the ggod work.
noname00 chapter 1 . 1/7/2005
intersting fic you have there

keep it up
Jay chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
Very good... But I don't think Goku resents saving the planet, he just *loves* getting stronger, as he said many times. He loves the challenge of that and of a mighty opponent, like Vegeta said saiyajins do... They're a warrior race, that's why they stay young until the very moment they die. If he *had* been solely worried about the planet, he wouldn't have risked letting Piccolo and Vegeta live, or wishing that Buu was reincarnated, and he would have invited Uub to stay at his house or Capsule Corps for training or something like that, instead of going himself to Uub's village and focusing so much in training in peaceful times ...

That's my opinion, of course.
super saiyan 4 chichi chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
cool I like the way you described goku -
SSJ-Spiderfan Offline chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
Very good!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
That was... profound. It wouldn't amaze me if Goku thought like that...
emiel chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
Such an insightful fic! I absolutely love how well you portray Goku. Considering just how much deaths, pain this guy went through, and undeservedly if I may say so, I don't think he's 'stupid' or 'clueless' as some like to portray. Naive, yes, but hopelessly clueless? I don't think so. If he was, he probably wouldn't have survived this long and lended strength to so many in the time of need. At any rate, thank you so much for such a beautiful piece of writing.