Reviews for Divine Wrath
ChaosMuramasa13 chapter 4 . 12/22/2012
When is the next chapter
ArcaneMaverick chapter 4 . 6/23/2009
Something about Fayt and Nel this chapter didn't quite fit. I thought everything was well until they finished speaking with the queen. You are doing well, do not mistake that! Could you please send me a response as to why you have not continued? Is it offical that this is abandoned? Please reply with just a quick note at least!
ArcaneMaverick chapter 3 . 6/23/2009
I'm unsure. I do not think that's how Nel and Fayt would have acted when first seeing each other again. They traveled together, defended and protected each other, and helped out. They are in each others' debts. In short, they are friends. It would have been a much warmer greeting. I'm a little disappointed.

Also, Fayt is not an impulsive, mouth shooter. He thinks. He's smart. He doesn't just say whatever pops into his mind. So I guess, for this chapter, I disagree with your portrayals of Nel and Fayt.

Also, in response to the responses at the bottom: you said you would finish this, please do. Vanishing point should also be finished and I too acknowledge the lack of Fayt/Mirage fics. Maybe I will write one. Eventually.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 2 . 6/23/2009
This is so incredible deep and detailed. I enjoy it and the style of writing seems to indicate that this would be a long fic. And if you could keep up this level of sophistication, it would be great and novel-like. Fayt came back at the right moment for Nel.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
I think this is a great way to start out. Although I'm very interested in learning more about how Nel feels about the gang, particularly Fayt. A lot of time was spent dancing around the subject and thats ok because you are detailed!
saffireyes chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
I'm sad... you won't be finishing this story, will you? I understand, other things get in the way and then you forget about it... it's too bad a story with such great potential won't be completed :(
Gaian Knight chapter 4 . 3/23/2008
This is a very good story, deep development. Wish this one had seen more chapters, the way and intent of the story I would have liked to see more detail of.

Maybe someday, I'll keep hope and an eye ready.
saffireyes chapter 4 . 8/17/2006
Oh my gosh... I absolutely LOVE this story! I'm so so happy I found it, there really aren't a lot of Fayt/Nel fanfics out there and they aren't easy to come across, but reading this one totally made my day lol.

I just love how you characterize Nel and Fayt, they're so in character. You did a great job on that, no doubt about it ― much like EnderGabriel's story "Vanishing Point". I honestly do see Fayt returning to Elicoor on a whim, because of all the jumbled together reasons like missing the thrill of a fight lol and because of a certain lady who lives there... haha.

You're writing is simply amazing, accurate on all accounts. I hope so very much that you'll continue this till the end and that my review is encouraging!
ShadowSnake27 chapter 4 . 6/5/2006
THe sotry so for is going awesome im liking how this is gooing. i cant wait for the next update! keep going!
Gat-X001 chapter 3 . 4/23/2006
You need to update. This has the potential of being a really good story. Not to mention the whole Fayt/Nel thing is an interesting twist. This is really a great idea!
Reza Novaria chapter 4 . 9/9/2005
(crying) my hearts broken here. great story, but...but...but its been so damn long since you updated! Are you dead? are you six feet under? are you in heaven or hell? where are you? finish the story!
Lenna the Fallen One chapter 4 . 4/18/2005
Must . . . read . . . more. This is by far the best story I've ever read save the one I read two years ago. That's saying quite a lot. I'm always looking forward to a chapter update and thus is the ONLY reason I get on this site now. Seriously. Great job with the developement, dialogue, and staying IC. I hope to read more soon!
intrasonic chapter 4 . 4/17/2005
Looking promising so far, methinks.

I'm not particularly a fan of Fayt/Nel romances, but I'm always open to seeing someone else putting it together in a well-constructed fashion.

Aside from her being slightly on the wordy side, Nel seems quite in-character, with Claire acting as a balancing force.

Fayt seems okay as well, although I think Sophia's name only comes up once during his whole internal monologue. Even if one assumes a game ending without her, she's still a good childhood friend, right?

Also (while it's probably not even relevant to the story), there doesn't seem to be much mention of *how* Fayt returned to an under-developed planet. Not that there aren't plenty of possible reasons (i.e. wrecked Federation no UP3, etc), but there doesn't seem to be any given. Just curious, that's all.

Anyway, looking forwards to more writing. And to get a few hints about this 'Luther's final failsage' you're advertising.

Cheers.
Arthain chapter 4 . 4/5/2005
Nice story, love it. I'm really fond of Nel/Fayt pairings. That's the one I actually went for in the game itself. I started with Sophia but when I realized just how awesome Nel was.

Anyways. You're doing great, keeping everyone in character (that's really hard to do. I personally know it is hard to keep people acting the way they should be as a story progresses).

I just gotta complain about the slow updates :P. Although I'm prone to this as well I do have my periods of rapid updating. Hope you get the next one out really soon. This is probably the only Star Ocean 3 story worth reading on

Arthain
by.ur.side chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
Ohh - kay. This could be long, so let me start by saying that I really enjoy your work.

As for what I can say about the work itself on the other hand, let me start with your writing -

I don't claim to be a good writer, but it seems to me that you're writing this story while being 'consciousness-aware.' You seem to prefer starting in the head, or simply dwelling in it - all the while slipping out and in again as the plot moves along. Moreover, the narrator seems to have a voice of its own, to the point that the line separating narrator and character sometimes becomes blurred.

And I like that.

In contrast to a more economical and easy-flowing pace, your prose likes to go around in circles if it chooses to, and more importantly, it takes its time. I'm not saying that being more economical, direct or simply concrete isn't the way to go. I simply admire a writer who can pull off something from this side of prose writing and still maintain a good pace. Personally, I think your work is both plot-driven and character-driven at the same time.

As for negatives - oh, I'll have to think about that some other time. I'm simply writing this from the top of my head.

Oh, and I just have to say that I love this pairing. Really, I do. And perhaps because of this, I could also be a bit more biased than usual when it comes to critique, but still... Fayt/Nel makes most sense overall in my opinion. I mean, there really is chemistry between Fayt and Nel in the game - like tension and attraction playing hide and seek all the time - and plus, they look good when they fight together. (and with each other too..)

As for the other pairings, there's Fayt/Maria and there's Fayt/Sophia, both of which I find rather sweetly platonic, but still within the level of "not getting there" in the game. And then there's Albel/Nel, which - while not being really bad - seems a bit contrived in my opinion. Even Fayt/Albel has a better chance of happening even though I'm not into yaoi themes at all - and that's saying a lot!

So yes, I'm also really glad that you're writing a story with Fayt/Nel in the center, and I hope to see more of your work in the near future. In the end, your most demanding critic will be yourself... so keep them coming dammit! :p
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »