Reviews for Divine Wrath
Dragoon Spirit chapter 4 . 3/30/2005
I must say you are very brave for taking on the Fayt/Nel pairing. I personally think it's one of the hardest to write, seeing as the two are nothing alike and aren't even for the same planet. But I think you can do it. Your writing seems promising and I look forward to reading all future updates.
James Ray Edwards chapter 4 . 3/30/2005
Well, go figre Abel, but on the other hand, nicely done once more, guv'nor. I'm particularly fond Fayt's reaction to the Queen's humble request. Since I haven't finished the game, I'm not sure if he matures to such a degree where he can perceive those little political knick-knacks and cobble his own private quips. You'd have to consult with someone else to be the judge of that. Lasalle was a wonderful You-Know-What as usual, and you got a point on his existence, although he's probably the Queen's personal Devil's Advocate more or less. More angry Zelpher bears to use the expression from Vanishing Point, if you know what I mean. Always looking forward to more over here.

Sincerely,

Your Friendly Neighborhood J-Easy.
Fury Cutter chapter 4 . 3/29/2005
Another well written chapter, can't wait to see what happens to Fayt & Nel next, update soon. Peace.
ChristopherC chapter 4 . 3/29/2005
I thoroughly enjoy reading stories about Nel/Fayt and Nel/Albel. Both seem, to me, very intriguing. I hope you are able to update soon. I know everyone says that, but I say it because I just crave to read more of any story that interests me. So, here's hoping you update soon!
TimothyLim chapter 4 . 3/28/2005
Wow, love your worldly perspective for the fanfic, seems very plausible. Keep up the good work, personaly i thought the game was too drawn out with the mazes to be any fun. But i did enjoy the characters and story.
deathknight sora chapter 4 . 3/28/2005
Woot ! new chap.! kool WOOT ! cant wate for d4 next one
Lloyd Irving Aurion chapter 4 . 3/28/2005
Don't worry about the length of time between updates, it is completely understandable. Other than that I don't have much to say as nothing really big happened. It was a good chapter though. Thanks
Daedulas chapter 4 . 3/28/2005
Aye, good chapter. Please update ASAP.
Tristan Amaryllis chapter 3 . 3/23/2005
I'm just sort of sticking this here to say that Divine Wrath, in fact, HASN'T been abandoned. But computer problems and the death of a family member has sort of messed up my 'schedule' for it. That, and the fact that I'm a terrible spoiled bastard that can't seem to write one creative word long-hand anymore. The story is still coming; it's just been delayed. And, to anyone who liked it, I really and truly apologize for that. If circumstances are as kind as I hope they are, I'll have the next chapter up no later than the weekend.

You know, I actually swore to myself when I started the story that, if I was going to submit it in installments, I would keep the updates frequent. It's funny to see how long it took THAT to go down the toilet. And by 'funny', I actually mean sad, by the way.
Pipp-ORK chapter 3 . 3/20/2005
Update soon! (Please..0_0)
Pipp-ORK chapter 3 . 3/20/2005
Update soon! (Please..0_0)
James Ray Edwards chapter 3 . 2/28/2005
Hehe, impressive! Your prose is a feast to read. I definitely appreciate the liberties you've taken to upscaling the world of SO3. The towns, cities, and vice-versa always did feel rather puny. It was also troublesome that you really couldn't tell how much time has elapsed as you're moving from place to place. Characterization wise, the dynamics are spot on, and I believe your portrayal of a haggard, stressed out Nel fits the bill. Even Fayt's apparent loss of what to do sells nicely done.

Of course, I am a bit disappointed that Albel doesn't seem to really figure into the story much so far. Oh well...

Sincerely,

Your Friendly Neighborhood J-Easy.
Pipp-ORK chapter 3 . 2/24/2005
Lo and behold! Update as soon as possible, ok? Ok! And this fic really IS a Fayt/Nel 1! Whe! (Sorry, I'm on a sugar high, and it's something-but-I-can't-remember in the morning..So...Fear me!o_O) Keep up the good work! (Waitaminute...I didn't already review this chapter, did I?..Oh well!)
touyatouya chapter 3 . 2/19/2005
You know, I tried to put off reading this for as long as I could. Not because I didn't want to rad it - quite the opposite. I'd heard so many good things about it that I was afraid that I might inadvertantly end up copying stuff into my own Nel/Fayt fic - but finally I said, oh what the hell, and went with it. And I'm glad I did.

You characterization is top-notch, especially Nel - so I'd rest my worries on that account. (Unless my own version of her is totally off :P) Her curt method of speaking, workaholic attitude and stubborn pride is all there. You also have a good handle of Claire. As for Fayt - until I see more dialogue its too soon to tell, but I dont see any major problems yet. Fayt can be a worry-wart _

That said, one vague suggestion I have is that there might have been a way to be more clear as to why Fayt didnt head straight to Aquios (since he feels he's being a burden, I think) and why he returned to Elicoor (because his old life seemed shallow, I think).Of course, the vagueness might be due to Fayt himself being confused as to his motivations, which makes it perfectly valid, but I thought I'd point it out.

Your dialogue didnt suck - it was very in character - and the "you look terrible" bit was well done :) Your style of prose uses some turns of phrases that I would not, but thats purely stylistic, and you have a wide vocabulary, which you use well. All in all, you've got a winner on your hands, and I'll be more than happy to be more on guard as to plagarism, if in return I get to read more of your story :)

*laughs* Maybe we should set up a Fayt/Nel C2 or something :P

P.S. Sorry about your PC troubles - I sympathize. Man do I sympathize... _ ;
Macross-Green chapter 3 . 2/14/2005
I like this. This is the second story under Star Ocean 3 story that I've read, and I personally like the Fayt/Nel pairing. The story is good, and it's starting out fairly slowly (which I like, it provides opportunities to allow the characters to build themselves, so to speak).

However...

Your paragraphs can be considered a bit 'thick.' It's kinda unusual for me to say this, because I'm the same way sometimes. However, I can't see any reason to separate any of the paragraphs into smaller ones, because you aren't combining two people talking into one large paragraph.

Nel and Fayt seem to be in character, and I support the fact that you decided to have Fayt leave for a while to at least visit his mother. It is certainly very likely that he would do so, and I'm surprised that it didn't go like that to begin with. I have to admit, I haven't beaten the game yet (I should within a few days), but I don't see many spoilers either. Nicely done. I'll see ya next chapter.
55 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »