Reviews for Rocky IV
Zealak Silverdirk chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
Why are you creating a spoof of Rocky at all? I mean, weren't Sylvester Stallone's movies enough to satisfy you? Posting the basic script and changing some of the details does not make a fanfic, much less a good one.

The lyrics are unecessary, and are only meant in songfics, making this an almost exact replica of the original Rocky IV script. Adding yourself into the script is also a useless thing to do.

There is really nothing behind the story here, no one elses' views or perspective, just what was written for the script originally.

Just because you want people to think that you made a story by copying the script, and including yourself, changing names and the history of key events (Rocky Balboa's marriage), won't give you a real fanfic. In fact, this is more along the lines of illegal.
the Maelstrom chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
I'm sorry to say this (well, actually no I'm not), but this is pretty bad. Not just pretty bad, this is pretty terrible. I mean the stuff I post aren't all that great, but this is on a whole other level. You've basically taken Rocky IV, changed Balboa to Pinnicle (what the hell kind of name is that?) moved it up to modern times, initiated a new Cold War (which could NEVER happen due to the current geopolitical state of the world) and through in teenage geek-boy internet references. Oh, and you popped in Conan O'Brien in there.

Other than that, this is an awkward fusion of a screenplay and a novel. Formatted in a way that it doesn't gather from the strong points of either writing format. By the way, sticking song lyrics into the middle of a story doesn't enhance its emotion impact. I confuses the reader and throws off the narration.

The boxing scenes are nonsensical and uninspiring. The workout montage is... I'll let you figure out what's bad about that. And you made the mistake of including EVERYTHING that was SEEN in the film (including a completely abstract and symbolic opening GRAPHIC) and did nothing to describe the psychological happenings BEHIND the visuals. All in all, this is bad. Don't do anything else like this.
Wolfkiller chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
Novelizing the actual movie does not a fanfic make, sweetheart.

Reported! :D
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
emotionally and morally beautiful
Truth-Sayer chapter 1 . 8/31/2006
Moron, stop posting this crap