Reviews for Earl of the North
OrdealOfMc chapter 13 . 12/20/2019
"He quickly used his wandless skills to sense the mechanism of..."
what bs is that?
TheOriginalMaverick chapter 49 . 12/20/2019
Addition to my other review,

Do agree there are issues with characterisation and how easily people get forgiven, but would expect that given the age of the fic (young writers probably at the time, there are people on here now who would not have been born when this was first written!)

This isn't really a criticism, maybe it would be on a new fic, but knowing the quality of your later work means this is just a sign of your development as a writer.
TheOriginalMaverick chapter 50 . 12/20/2019
I think this holds up pretty well, the plot is really good, the writing definitely has limitations compared to your later works, but overall a very good HP/BB fic, with a solid plotline. In some ways I prefer this to Delenda Est, in that this is a story of redemption rather than going back and changing history, even though this isn't written to quite the same standard (still very reasonable standard though).

I would particularly like to praise Claihmsolais, taking over a fanfic is never easy, and he's done well to finish this in a way that is both true to the writing of Lord Silvere but also ties up loose ends quicker than Lord Silvere probably would have. No disrespect to LS, I love some of his writing, especially Delenda Est, but in this particular fic, the best written chapters are the later ones.

Would also add that I've reread this fic three times now, on my old account and now on this one, and while the writing does have noticeable mistakes on second readings (as you would expect with such an early/old fic), the plot still holds up nearly 15 years from when it was written, which is hugely impressive.
NazgulBelserion chapter 50 . 10/28/2019
Should of just killed everyone filthy magicals all disgusting sheep they should be culled
eeveejacob chapter 50 . 10/25/2019
Thank you for writing! Thanks for the effort, for the plot, for the time and lessons.
Winlyn chapter 50 . 9/15/2019
A somewhat sad ending...

I got the feeling that neither Harry nor anyone else actually managed to forgive what happened, and breaking it off here, with the aftermath of the war pretty much still hanging over them keapt the mood pretty bleak.

Thank you for the story!

-Winlyn
Shetan20 chapter 1 . 9/4/2019
Thanks for a. very enjoyable chapter.
Po1 chapter 32 . 8/14/2019
This forced forgiveness towards Hermione is completely unbelievable. Bella's reasoning to get Harry to forgive her doesn't make any sense. Why can 2 people not just go their separate ways? Why do things have to return to the way they were before between them? Will Bellatrix go to such lengths for every one of Harry's previous friends? If not, then this entire arc with Hermione is meaningless and if so then Harry is a literal saint, destroying any character development on his part for the rest of the story.
Either way, reading any more is pointless. The beginning was decent enough at least.
Source chapter 25 . 7/24/2019
I give up. This is written like a school-yard fight. "they are such 'jerks'". It lacks realism, people don't act like this.
Source chapter 21 . 7/23/2019
This Harry Potter seems to be the kids version. Hermione screaming for 30min because her hated enemie was beheaded? Harry and others using stunners, in a war? Come on! Harry isn't a kid considering all he has experienced, he should aim for the kill.
Lemon Bay chapter 46 . 7/19/2019
I KNEW that shit was gonna happen. Only absolute retards spawn children when they are key people in the middle of a fucking WAR! I don’t even feel bad about it. She got what she fucking deserved. They could’ve waited until the war was over, but noooo.
Lemon Bay chapter 24 . 7/19/2019
Why hasn’t he made a Magical Oath stating that he’s innocent? That would’ve stopped all this bullshit from happening. I’m honestly continuing this so i can see if he makes an Oath.
Dude chapter 50 . 7/7/2019
Good Story, but according to your ending note I see it from a different point of view. Especially the last 3 chapters were not bad, because they were more like shades of grey than the black and white from before.
A carefully crafted scenario of grey that is handled precisely with a pint of realism enables the author to show much more perspective or teachings if you please. As I said especially the ending was getting good in that regard.
Guest chapter 29 . 7/6/2019
3 cheeslra for Hufflepuff, we don't get enough damn credit.
Last Harper chapter 50 . 6/28/2019
This was very well written, I the story flowed perfectly between authors.
4,757 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »