Reviews for Earl of the North
Leggo16 chapter 50 . 12/16/2018
I just wanted to say thank you both for a great story. No, it was not perfectly executed but it was still very enjoyable to read and get immersed in. I don't know if you are still in contact with Claihm Solais but I hope you would pass on my thanks and compliments.
Guest chapter 47 . 11/14/2018
Wow... You just ust toss in a new tipe of magic 3 chapters before conclusion. This is what happens when you implement a different writer half way through a story. The first half of this thing is way too different from the end. Ironically, he's actually a better writer than you, but some of his ideas and implementation is just wonky.
Guest chapter 45 . 11/13/2018
Oh, and I forgot the basilisk. That fucking basilisk... Somehow, you expect us to believe that Voldy just happens to have access to ANOTHER thousand year old snake-chicken cause of reasons? Was it the hyperbolic time chamber again? What the hell...?
Guest chapter 45 . 11/13/2018
Wow... This is one trully bad battle scene. The set up and execution is just abhorent. For starters: why would lupin even think Greyback would help him in any way? And why would he just stand arround to let himself get shanked? Then there's Hiscophney's world ending magic shite... Seriously, what the fuck? Where did he even get something like that? And how does he know it's pottentially world ending? The only way to know that is if he used it and ended the world. That's some real dumb oversight. And finally, and by far most GLARINGLY ridiculous, how the fuck did Voldy manage to pull this shit off in TWO FUCKING DAYS!? summoned thousands of dementors! The hell kind of books did he steal and did he read them inside of a hyperbolic time chamber!? And how are they different from the ones that Harry has absolute control over? How did he amass a heretofore unknown army of vampyres, werewolf's, and Giants when, sofar, he's been fully engaged in a guerilla war against Harry AND the wizarding world!? Seriously, two fucking days...? Take some time and think about that, and maybe you'll realize how trully absurd that is.
Alfred7035 chapter 50 . 11/13/2018
one of the deepest stories on the site. i dont usually rea stories like this but it was a great read none the less.
xsolidwinger chapter 50 . 11/12/2018
Great Story, amazing, i finished this in 4 days :D
Guest chapter 5 . 10/10/2018
Good
Renern chapter 50 . 10/5/2018
My only dad new is that I wanted to hear more from mogonigal
noire125 chapter 19 . 10/4/2018
Yep, this is a story where the MC has been given too much/many abilities, that to balance things out the MC will have some sort of brain damage. Justified too, with all the banging his head have gone through before they reached the island. I'm even impressed with the MC that he's even able to function enough to remind himself to breathe.

With all the being lord of magic blah blah blah, most powerful army blah blah blah. Descriptions given to what harry have become and nothing to show for it, might as well have given him an army of squirrels, a shack to live in, and not a thing from this story would've changed.

Every event, every problem, every drama just seemed so forced. xD Anyway, thanks for sharing your story for others to read, I may have not liked it(hated it in fact) but others sure do.
drucifer000 chapter 48 . 10/1/2018
But really though... it almost feels like you're purposefully writing all the main characters to be completely incompetent just to make the story longer.
drucifer000 chapter 47 . 10/1/2018
Jesus it's like all your main characters are from a bad sitcom they're so. unbelievably. stupid.
Wulffe chapter 50 . 9/30/2018
Awesome story .. was a great read ..

;-}
Spidersauce chapter 2 . 9/27/2018
. . . He's in Azkaban with a life sentence. Why are you have him worrying that the Ministry won't like him escaping?
ilya39 chapter 50 . 9/25/2018
Oh boy, it was one hell of a ride. First H/B fanfic i've read, too. At first there were some things i found somewhat hard to believe, like Harry falling in love right off the bat, that cliche'd to hell marrying scene, his almost dismissal of Sirius's death, but... i've managed through it, and the story turned out to be really, really good. I thought it'd be something like OP Harry at first, but it surprisingly wasn't. All those twists and turns of the plot, all those feelings invoked by certain actions and all that (i.e. Ron, Molly, etc), it was all awesome. It's a rare treat to meet something that good of a story, and the writer change did the story a lot of good, too. You can hardly see the change, but it is there, and it is for the best. Basically, it could be a General fic for all intents and purposes, romance - check, fighting - check, politics - check, drama-ish - check, suspence - check (got me fooled with the whole Ginny/Tonks controversy til the very end), things like that. The philosophical ending, the Nev and parents scene and conclusion... it really explores the implied in the canon - how much of a sheep they all are. Also - battles. For some reason all those pronounced chanting things and point breaks and things like that - they make anything better, imo :D I guess the inspiration of the "classic" fantasy-esque mage things makes for some cool scenes in mostly-boring world of canon magic fights in HP. And damn, this story was written bloody 9-13 years ago, holy shit, i've read a lot of fanfics in HP fandom, almost all of them are of 2010 and later, and i can name, like, a few dozens at best that are at least that good. That's a high praise, indeed, take it :D
Come to think of it, after reading all that, you can't help but seek a Dark-ish HP fic with the same beginning but with the process of Harry bloody desecrating anyone trying to smear his name or whatever, and i'll be having a deep satisfaction reading it, too :D
Lola Krantz chapter 50 . 9/20/2018
fantastic story. loved the true to life ending. well done
4,761 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »