Reviews for Muir
A ShrinkinG VIOLET GIrL chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
I love it,,!
Valiowk chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
This is possibly one of the best stories I have ever read. It is natural, excellently thought-out, and most of all, evokes strong feelings within the reader.

I guess I feel a particular strong connection to "Muir" because I have a friend whose character is very similar to that of Piotr's. As a result, I could really understand Piotr's self-recriminations and the way Kitty sees him in a completely different light from how he views himself.

I really enjoyed the references to the "Pirate Kitty" story (I cannot help but smile at the thought of "Pirate Colossus"), and I was very impressed at the mention of Vermeer.

All in all, this is a magnificent story. The two of you make a fantastic pair, and I hope that both of you will have a productive and enjoyable time working together.
breaktherules chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
This story is so touching. It captures the Early Clareont Kitty And Piotr so well. I am old enough to remembering reading the comic when piotr broke up with her and it broke my heart. I was majorly upset at Piotr, and then it seemed he just kept on doing more dumb things to her. This story is nice because it kinda clears the air between them and let them both know how hurt kitty was and how confused Piotr was. I later became a Kitty/Pete Wisdom shipper. But these stories plus the astonishing issues make this a relationship I wouldn't mind. And please Jeremy and Lia write more! You guys are great writers. Keep it up!
LLL-LevitzRules chapter 1 . 3/3/2005
This story does a lovely job of showing why Kitty and Peter can make a relationship work. Kitty's summary (you're quiet, I talk a lot) and logic (I double checked the math) are priceless. It's nice that I am not the only Kitty/Peter fan in the world.

One hopefully constructive thought: "Lithe" is a great adjective for Kitty, but its use in succession is distracting.

I look forward to more stories from these authors. (Please keep working on Deathless!)
lili brik chapter 1 . 1/11/2005
if i were not currently in such a painfully similar situation, i might be able to look at this story more...objectively. even so, i think i would love it just as much-this pairing, aside from rogue/gambit, is one of my classic favorites, and it just...worked. so well.
darkstorm5000 chapter 1 . 1/9/2005
Awesome tale! It filled in some interesting plot-stuff for that time period and it was nice to see Kitty and Peter taking that first step back towards one another, even though everything that would happen in Dallas would put a dampeer on it. Both of you did a great job, and I can't wait to see what your collective efforts come up with next...
Amokitty chapter 1 . 1/9/2005
I am just awed by this story. It was incredible. This story has tremendous intelligence, has real SUBSTANCE, and a lot of heart. In comics, with Kitty and Peter's relationship so much was left unsaid, and Fandom was left reading between the lines, and I've always hated that! At last, we get a story that should've been told almost 20 years ago. An honest, unflinching look at their relationship, and how it all went wrong.

It's very obvious, the care you put into this story. The research into Kitty and Peter's respective histories shows. You mentioned Betsy Wilford! OMG! I loved that! The last reference ever made to her was in either Dazzler #1 or #2. Wow, you two sure know your stuff. Incidentally, FYI, Betsy may have been Amanda Sefton's friend and fellow flight attendant, but she was also based on Chris Claremont's then-wife, colorist Bonnie Wilford - who like Amanda, also dabbled in the mystic arts. Funny huh?

Absolutely loved the mentions of Vermeer, the Shi'ar costume machine, and Pirate Kitty! Any chance at all for the two of you to consider doing "The Continuing Adventures of Pirate Kitty and Colossus"? I'd pay good money for it. Please? You could throw in Bamf and Fiend in for good measure.

"Muir" fleshed out all the little details of Peter and Kitty's lives, and you handled them so believably. Their points of view were written to reveal such depth and insight for both characters. I'd be hard-pressed to find anything major to criticize. I do have one *tiny* quibble though. Proteus never died on Muir Isle. He died in Edinburgh, at the very top of it's Castle, after murdering his own father and realizing he was conceived in the rape of his mother. Peter did what HAD to be done. Claremont at his best.

Kitty's line "We've talked about this before I think.", and Peter's later accidental reference to her meaning and what immediately happened after it (Uncanny #165) made for some great dramatic tension. In fact, there are so damn many things about this story I love I could never list them all. There simply isn't space for it, and I fear I've rambled on long enough as it is.

Jeremy and Lia, I think you've outdone your selves here. Your solitary, and collaborative efforts reveal you to have a great deal of integrity and talent as writers, and we lucky readers get to reap the benefits of that. Fantastic job.
Joey1 chapter 1 . 1/9/2005
Well, I figure it's official. You two just do barnstormingly fantasti work together. Who knows, maybe you guys could even get me to like the evoKitty/Piotr pairing. Well maybe. At the very least I doubt either of you would go down the stereotypical "Lance has suddenly become an angry, abusive, jerk! Where's Kitty's flawless knight in metal skin?" route.

Anyway, you two did great, using past stories to work with the present situation, helping us remember just how important these two were to each other at this stage in their lives. I also liked the use of the Odyssey, and the return of "Pirate Kitty". I'm almost expecting some epilogue or coda involving "Fall of the Mutants" andone of those gut-wrenchingly ironic "I'll be right back" type situations (usually reserved for sad bits for dramas, or dumb teens in slasher movies).

Looking forward to what the future may bring.
marvelgirl08 chapter 1 . 1/9/2005
love this ! love it love it love it! i adore all of the stories you guys write together they are fabulous. I love how in Muir you mentioned some cool things from the Claremont era like Pirate Kitty, that made me smile from ear to ear. And i loved how you wrote Peter and him examining how he really felt for Zsaji. Keep up the amazing work
Kirayoshi again chapter 1 . 1/9/2005
Well, I officially feel like an idiot. I just re-read Muir and realized that you did indeed mention Peter's condition at the time of the story; indeed you made it a prominent plot point. Mea maxima culpa for ever doubting your research skills. And again, dynamite story, mes amis!
Queen Peacock chapter 1 . 1/8/2005
WOW God Job, Very Nice since the comics just Brought Colosuss back. If you don't know what i'm talking about read Astoshing X-men Gifted. Keep Up the good Work and you should continue this story. QP
B chapter 1 . 1/8/2005
Jeremy, Lia, another beautiful, melancholy story with just a tinge of hope for the future at the ending. Loved the new 'Pirate Kitty' story too...and the references to the Oddessy. Probably spelt that wrong, but it's past midnight here. In any event, a big round of applause from the Madripoor Rose.
Kirayoshi chapter 1 . 1/8/2005
Okay, now 'submit review' is working!

And welcome back to the Kiotr dream-team of Harper and Fail! This was a lovely little story. I still expected an epilogue involving Kitty watching the news and witnessing the X-Men's final battle against the Adversary, but I liked this ending well enough. Once again you captured the little details perfectly; Kitty's conflicting emotions, Peter's at least partially undeserved self-recriminations, Moira's knowing understanding.

One caveat; while you did deal with Kitty's having to concentrate to stay solid, you neglected to mention that Peter had a similar difficulty; he had to concentrate to keep from reverting to steel at the time. Obviously both of them have gotten better since, but still it was a nuisance for Peter; I recall one time he was sunbathing in the Austrailan outback, but when he leaned to pick up his sketch tablet, it caught fire; he had stayed out in the sun so long that his body was somewhere around 500 degrees or so. Still, a minor quibble, which didn't interfere with my enjoying another heapin' helpin' of Kiotr goodness! Kudos!