Reviews for Through a Glass, Darkly
Geminium chapter 32 . 9/10
Found this fic a couple days ago, and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Lots of characterization, development, and an interesting premise to boot. Even though there's not much interaction between the main characters, I like that you tried to tell both sides of a story and switched POVs throughout chapters. The only issue I have would be the pacing for Virgil's POV, which I felt was a bit slow at times and wasn't as suspenseful as Ritchie's part of the story (lack of overall danger, until more recent chapters). Some of the scenes picked off exactly from where they left them, which kind of bogged down the story-telling and felt a bit redundant (not so much in Ritchie's part, because of the suspense you put into it, but it felt more tangible on Virgil's side). Other than that, I think you did a solid job on creating meaningful character interactions between the AU versions of the characters and the 'canon' characters. I'm looking forward to future chapters, and what will happen.

P.S. I also read your other works, and enjoyed them immensely, especially 'It's a Tradition'
this destroyed me. but i read all 180k words in under 48 hours, which is a feat for me, so that speaks to how well its written. i really hope youre continuing it, i saw it was started in 2005, but there is so little stuff for this fandom i sincerely hope there are other survivors.
Hopeful chapter 32 . 7/5
Okay so I for some reason thought out of the blue... " You know what's a good fan fiction?one that I miss more than anything? that Static Shock one I haven't read since forever...I know it wasn't updated since forever and there's no hope of it being completed, but fan fic authors have there own lives and they do this for fun, but I might still enjoy rereading it..." click, click , click "...it update...holy smokes it was updated!"

I thought it must've been a mistake, I misread something, but nope, there it was a new chapter...
updated in June! I am still looking at the date not believing this. If you decided to continue or not, it was such a delight reading this, and I loved it and still think about it so much. I am currently rereading the other chapters. there is so much I forgotten but the words come to life once more. OMG! thank you for this story! it is such a gift.

Okay I think I can stop being cheesy now, but it really is so beautiful, and suspenseful, and... emotional. I don't say this to pressure you, but I hope you do update and maybe finish this story- if not it was still such a wonder experience to have read this. Thank you.
RekkaKouyuu chapter 32 . 7/4
I am so excited for the update! I have been with you since the beginning. I can't wait for the reunion!
Penguina chapter 32 . 7/4
I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw the notification for this update in my email. No matter how much time passes, with these characters and your writing I'm always immediately drawn right back in. I know very well how life can just happen, and I'm so glad to hear you're doing well and thrilled that Through a Glass will be completed, thank you so much for sharing this story with us, and congratulations on your first novel!
Dl chapter 32 . 6/29
Omg! I saw this update and nearly screamed! I'll check out the novel too!
SilverKitsune1 chapter 32 . 6/28
I am very excited that this story was updated. Really enjoying the build of of tension and seeing inside Virgil's head. Really like that he still doesn't want to kill and that it's going to be hard even with what he believes happened to Richie. Very true to his character.
Can't wait to read the rest. Well worth the wait.
Blaque Ember chapter 32 . 6/24
Thank you so much for continuing this story. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you :). I am so happy that you are going to finish this story after so many years. I am so glad you didn't give up. I knew you would come back. Its so exciting! I honestly don't know what to say other than thank you. You're the best!
Boxer Thief chapter 32 . 6/22
OMG! OMG! You have no idea how loudly I squealed when I got the alert for this fic being updated. I texted all my friends "guess what fic just updated!" and they all gave some version of the response: "...that static shock fic you won't shut up about?" This is just the best thing! Your writing is just so wonderful! I seriously cannot stop smiling.
Amethystnight88 chapter 32 . 6/22
I was soooo surprised when I seen an updat. I really thought it was abandoned, but I'm really excited to see you've decided to finish it. This was one of my first and favorite fanfictions, still is. It has so much depth to the story and characters. I'll be sad when it ends. Its a story that's been with me for many years and I really thank you for sharing this with us.
YJFicsAndStuff chapter 32 . 6/21
Dude! I read this story a year ago and I thought it'd never be updated ever again. But I still liked it. Of course I'll have to go back over all of it and read it again, but I can't believe it's been updated! Thanks for not letting it die. And congrats on the novel!
Avaloniex chapter 32 . 6/21
Glad to see this getting an ending. I look forward to rereading it
Preemtive Karma chapter 32 . 6/21
It's really great to see the end of this story, thanks to you and Cypher for not giving up :)
Akumu Nokami chapter 32 . 6/20
I cannot tell you how shocked I was to see this story updated, but oh so very pleased! I'm so glad you'll be finishing it, after all these years! I've been reading since probably 2008 or so. I love this story so much, and I'm DEFINITELY going to look for your book on amazon.
New Zealand 5 chapter 32 . 6/20
I'm so excited your continuing to write!
1,045 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »