Reviews for Through a Glass, Darkly
Scarlet Tigress chapter 30 . 4/8/2011
Wow! Finding words to describe the depth and power of this story is really a task! I must confess that after the first time I read it, about three weeks ago, I was too floored to even post a coherent review! I guess the first place to start is that the characters of static shock are some of my favorite cartoon people ever created and I really appreciate how true to form everyone is. Neither Virgil nor Richie have lost any of their spunk or personality and, in fact, shine through in your piece even more than they do in the original. I also love the care and patience with which the boys true feelings are developed and slowly revealed. How brilliant that Static's love for Richie should only occur to him in a world where his evil counterpart KILLED his Richie in something amounting to a jealous rage and a near rape. The situation forces Virgil to examine his own feelings gripped with terror that somewhere inside his own psyche, the devil may still lurk. It is, in a word, perfect. Also, the alternate static does not suffer from the ailments of so many other AU ideas. Your dark static is not stiff or tawdry or a sad parody of the original, oh no. He is a terrifying perversion of everything that makes Virgil the semi-naive hero that we cherish. Virgil loves, but dark Static seeks only to control and possess. A truly dark and beautiful tale, with more depth, power and dimension than the original ever posesed. However, it also has one of the worst cliffhangers in all existence! I cannot wait for the next chapter!
mesapoet chapter 30 . 4/7/2011
Here's another plea for you to finish. This is one of the better stories I have read and it would be a shame if it continued to go on without being finished. So here i am poking you about your great, awesome, wonderful, story.

I know how it is to continue a story when you've lost the muse, but you are so close. You even said that you had started the next chapter.

Is Virgil really going to kill Static or is Static going to loose his mind and the other Bang Babies going to take Static out? Are Richie and Virgil going to have a happy ending? Will Richie ever let Virgil touch him because of what Static did? Will Virgil be in time to use whatever help Richie put in place? Will Richie be rescued before to many people die?

Please I have to know, I've lost sleep because I was so addicted. Ok I know that sounds strange, but this could seriously be a book if it ever got finished.

You have a way with words that makes people feel like they are actually living in the story.
IAF chapter 30 . 3/24/2011
are you going to keep writing this because it is very good so please do
Soft Requiem chapter 30 . 2/20/2011
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Beth chapter 30 . 1/15/2011
You promised you'd update. I'm assuming you still will. I love this story. I only just started reading it. Thank god if I had to wait five years from when you began between chapters I'd have probably given up on this story. Now I get the joy of it almost being done and a promise of it going to be done. I LOVE Richie in this chapter! (I always love Richie) I love how richie is upset because realistically he would be and yet he still remains strong in his decisions to fight back despite the trouble it brings him. GREAT to READ! THANKS
TaiKaze chapter 30 . 1/15/2011
I don't know if one plea more or less will make a diffrence, but PLEASE update this soon! Thank you! 3
dragonfly876 chapter 30 . 12/1/2010
When I say that I have been glued to this story for the past three days, please understand that I mean it in an almost entirely literal manner. I've skipped out on much-needed sleep major time just to tear my way further into the plot. I was printing out chapters to read at school in my spare moments. I... I don't even know if I've gotten this intensely involved in Harry Potter, and I am an HP lover to the bitter end.

Your characterization is incredible. Your Statics, your Richie- these characters are so compellingly written. I must say I was drawn to Richie, especially. I feel that you capture his character almost better than the creators of the show did. You got his genius and his undying loyalty, and more than anything, his strength. Seeing that strength break was one of the most heartrending things I'd ever read. Something this powerful, left unfinished, just feels wrong.

I know it's unfair to push for progress when authors lose interest, or when life gets in the way, but please... please, finish this. Including a basic outline of the rest of the plot, from the forthcoming climax to the denouement, would at least provide closure.

There are so many untied strings.

It would be grand if the best Static Shock fanfiction the internet has ever seen could be given a proper end.
lyokoyaoi chapter 30 . 11/2/2010
I'm very interested in where this story has gone, and where it is going. I never thought AU stories could be so addicting. I can't help feeling sorry for richie, especially since he is my favorite character.

I can't wait to see how this story turns out. Please hurry with the next chapter!

G.
Evan chapter 30 . 10/30/2010
You tease you said you were going to update. I luv this story and what you have writen so far. So please don't forget about it and update it when you have the time. Thanks for what you've written. Love Deimos and his conflicting moralities. It's fun to read his point of view. Thanks for writing

Evan
Alurax chapter 30 . 10/21/2010
Oh snap. I knew it was only a matter of time before Richie's marvelous brain finally snapped. Whoa, wait a minute... is that it? Oww~you don't know how much that hurts. A friend directed me to this story. (At first I didn't like the idea of Virgil and Richie, but now I want them to finally be able to hold each other in a loving embrace.) NEwho, once i got started I couldn't stop. The character development in this is amazing. So creative and original. I'll never be able to look at Carmen the same again. Especially Deimos. HOLY COW, what an incredible idea. (I told my roomie about him, and she said it was a stupid power. So I air smacked her for not understanding the significance fear can have in battle.) And there's also the fact that somebody FINALLY understands the extend of Richie's power. You seem to have it down better than the writers of the show. I wanted to smack the animators every time they had Richie fail at doing something and having Virgil save him. He's not that incompetent. Course, I'm also still wondering why Virgil didn't just magnetize the ground when Kangore was trying to escape, but then again I supposed you just enjoy causing more trouble and pain for the characters in your story, such as I do. XD

So, guess to wrap up my ramblings, such a beautiful story, and really hope ya update soon, or my brain may explode from anticipation. Then again, my mental awareness has already started trying to write it's own ending, which isn't necessarily a good thing. know what... you deserve some fanart for this. (I know some already exists, but i wish to contribute.) Maybe that'll keep my brain intact.
ElementalStar2019 chapter 30 . 10/14/2010
I love this story! I really do hope you finish it. Can't wait to see what happens.
Feathersprite305 chapter 30 . 10/9/2010
Oh, DAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMN! I usually hate stories that involve too much angst or gore, but you have my undivided attention with this story. I can't wait to see the ending, though if I must say, I bet that a certain someone is getting another crazy plan in his head, right?
WolfTail Run chapter 30 . 10/4/2010
This story is truly great. Deimos is amazing, the way you fleshed out his character; it leaves my anticipating what he will end up doing. I really hope you decide to finish this. I'm betting it would take you two chapters tops. Come on...almost there! Do it for your readers!
F5Bobcat chapter 30 . 9/14/2010
I just found this fic and marathoned it over the past 3 days. Wow is it awesome! This should totally have been an episode! It's so spot on to the tone of the characters! I'm also glad to hear you're intending to continue this, I well understand how RL can sweep you away from projects you want to finish and am just so happy that you've found the time and inclination to come back to this. Also, I read you're Authors Note after I finished Ch. 30 and I had no idea it had been written so much later than the rest of the story! Great job seamlessly flowing back into writing.
SilentTears07 chapter 30 . 9/10/2010
Hello, this is an amazing story. I've been a fan of it for a while, back before the four year break, but realized that I never reviewed. Now I'm not usually the kind of person that reviews but this has always been a story that I could enjoy reading multiple times. I think tonight is my 12 time actually lol. It really is a good story and the characters are very interesting and well developed. Even the original character seems like a normal edition that could have shown up in the comics. I really hope that you finish writing it. I know how easy it is to forget about stories like this when life gets really busy. But it would be a shame not to see it finished when you are so close to an ending. I really hope you finish it. If not thank you anyway for the wonderful story, I will still continue to reread it!
1,066 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »