Reviews for Gloomy Sunday
andaere chapter 4 . 1/11/2010
Aw, cute story. Well-written, I liked the detail and the time you spent on the character's interactions and emotions. Rose mothering Charlie was especially sweet. (As in cute. Not as in awesome. xD) Um... I liked the Charlie angst... and the Charlie/Hurley friendship... and I looked up the lyrics of the song (Round Here by the Counting Crows). It was interesting. :) Thanks for writing this!
Stoneage Woman chapter 4 . 4/23/2006
Very nice story, although I do wish you could have given us the lyrics of Charlie's song. You know, even if it was by a known artist or something...Still, it was a well-written story.
Pen Liddin chapter 4 . 11/13/2005
Wow! this is definetly one of my facourite stories! i love it, you've really captured charlie and the other characters well! Im adding it to my alert list, so ill be right here waiting when the next chapter comes out, which will be soon hopefully... lol, well keep it up! (And check out my story, in the the meantime) :) Thanks,

Pen
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 4 . 11/7/2005
OMG! I love this, so angsty, so sweet! I don't generally read Lost fics (too afraid of spoilers) but i loved this, especially the ending, so sweet. Glad Hurley was there to look after Charlie
blahbible chapter 4 . 7/21/2005
oh, man, totally loved it. One of the best Lost fics out there, really, to be honest.
Rachel chapter 4 . 4/21/2005
that kinda suck but i really liked the shannon/sayid moment
Esmarelda Gamgee chapter 4 . 2/20/2005
good! very good! really liked the ending
Darkwing333 chapter 4 . 2/17/2005
I liked it even if i was a bit rushed. It was realistic! Good work!
bushlaboo chapter 4 . 2/14/2005
You included Rose! WOO! She one of my favorite recurring characters and I like how Hurley compared her to Locke and his Mom. Perfect. I also really liked the moment between Jack and Kate. It was nice to Jack take a break, and also freak a bit at psychoanalyzing himself. Oh and I loved Jack wanting to be strong for everyone, but finding strength in Kate. Lovely moment. As was the Shannon/Sayid moment. I just love those two and you captured them well. Charlie was creeping me out a bit, staring at Ryan and then the flames, then wanting to write down his song; but I like how you used the song for therapy for both Charlie and Hurley. And their moment of peace at the end of the chapter, singing "Yellow Submarine" was just awesome! But I have to complain: the end? Really and truly? How about a sequel?
Lazuli1 chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
lovely. i'm enjoying it.
theblondeone07 chapter 4 . 2/13/2005
Oh man, u can't end it there! lol! I want more with Shannon and Sayid! :) Maybe you will write a sequel or something :). This is a very touching story! I loved it!
Nickolaren chapter 3 . 2/6/2005
FINISH IT OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN

not really but this story rocks ;p
Darkwing333 chapter 3 . 2/4/2005
That was awsome. Seriously, ilove it. Totally realistic with Charlies reaction and how Hurley was trying(in his way) to comfort him. I can't wait for the next chapter...whenever your computer decides to be nice to you :-)
bushlaboo chapter 3 . 1/31/2005
Excellent chapter. I love the bond between Charlie and Hurley, and how you've had them connect over the song. I also like how you're writing Jack, it's good to see him waver some. I also enjoyed the convo between Sayid, Jack and Michael - and the dropping of Claire's name in the discussion. Very nice touch. I'm really enjoying this story. Keep up the good work!
Patrick chapter 2 . 1/29/2005
Hi! I just read both parts and I have two things to say to you. First, it's admirable that you won't write a story about characters you don't have a grasp on yet; it makes it more rewarding for us, the readers, to be immersed in reality. And, let's face it, if you write a story about unconvincing characters, it will take us out of the story. So, kudos to you for haveing the foresight to realize that!

Second, don't put yourself down! This was excellent. You have great writing skills, and if this isn't your best, I would love to see your best.

The only thing that made me pause was the behavior of Charlie, crying himself into a stupor, and then being carried like an infant. Charlie, to me, seems like a proud man, not proud as in Sayid proud, but proud in the fact that he hates to be regarded as someone who is not a man; indeed, Charlie, to me, would just suck it up, get quiet, and pretty much zone out, and he certainly wouldn't let himself get carried.

But that's just my opinion. As it was, an excellent read. Thanks!