Reviews for I Hate Christmas
Jirel chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
I really enjoyed seeing you deal with someone not enjoying Christmas. I'm Christian, but I've known many who weren't and something once made me see how many assumptions are made by Christians about others and how they sometimes just assume everyone enjoys their holidays. I see Xmas as a non-Christian holiday now a days. Afterall, the Christians stole a lot of the Pagan holidays and made them Christian holidays, its ownly fair if some of the Christian holidays evolve into something else.

I celebrate Christmas as a time of year when many people try to make others happy. That on its own makes it a worthy day to enjoy. Other people celebrate it with other meanings, that's fine as long as you don't try make anyone else thing the same way you do.

Now - a bit about the story. You DO have some grammer problems and I think getting a beta reader would be a great idea. I'm not an offical one and I'm not great at school type of English but if anyone really wants a beta reader and can't find any other I can do it. I don't work or anything any more so I have the time.
Nao K. Kawasaki chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
That was very interesting, and very informative! I liked it a lot. :]
Illyric chapter 1 . 7/28/2008
Wow!

This was eye-opening and really interesting. I'm Christian, but I'm really open to new things. It was definitely a story that will stay with me for a while. Nice!
Abandonded and Left chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
I really enjoyed this story and I felt bad for JJ though his reactions did seem a bit over the top at times. / Then again... this 'is' JJ
Svecounia chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
I like this alot! (and one of my friends is Pagan, so learning more about the religion was neat for me when readin' this) N-e-wayz... awesome fic! _~
Deb chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
Not a bad idea for a story but your grammar really, really needs some work. Have you thought of getting a beta?

I know Wicca varies from area to area, from Neo-Nordic to Neo-Native but I whould think in a place as big as New York that JJ could find a group to celebrate with.
Cerberusia chapter 1 . 3/22/2006
...I think we're on the same wavelength, here. I've been wanting to do a fic about JJ being Pagan, (not Wiccan; 'Harm ye none' and all that), and you've gone and done this! I promise not to plagarize when I write my Pagan!JJ plotbunny, though...
Erin of the Wood chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
Hi, this was a good story, but I have a few questions. do you really have wiken names, I have friends who are pegan but I havnt ever heard about that part. keep up the good work
Invader Ran chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
I didn't know a lot about Wicca. This was definitely an interesting holiday fic. And my ultimate fantasy...JJ with a tattoo! -drools all over keyboard-

Loved it! -faves-

Still a helpless DrakeJJ addict,

-Lady Chi
Snapped Chopstick chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
Oh. Oh god. You made JJ *Wiccan*. That deserves, I dunno, an Ig-Nobel prize or something. Jeeze. Decent grammar and spelling, but the concept is *hilarious*. Heehee! Wiccan! HAR.
Draechaeli chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
great ficcy I'm not Wiccan, but umm.. It's hard to explain me. so the short end no religion, no goddess (or god), but I celebrate Wiccan holidays, and do basic healing spells, protection spells, etc. But I love this fic I'm glad someone got away from the Christmas like this in a ficcy. I know how JJ feels too with the whole celebrating Yule and than by default celebrating Christmas for someone else.

~Na
Anita-chan being too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 2/27/2005
YAY! I love this fic. *faves*

geez, you make me feel bad about being Wiccan and not celbrating a single holiday... ;-; the most I do is pray when I remember to. *wishes she knew more and could celebrate* I spend x-mas with my family every year and so I can't get one free minute.

well, Samhain (sp?) is easy. that and Yule are the only ones I really remember...
Kloudy Reignfall chapter 1 . 2/3/2005
Oh, that's quite cute. _ And very different. Very informative too! I hadn't really thought about Wiccan winter celebrations. It's interesting, Thanks.

Oh, ok well write more stuff, alright? _

-Kloudy Reignfall
Amethyst-eyed Koneko chapter 1 . 1/23/2005
Hey! This is a great story! It's so nice to see a different point of view about the holidays! You told your story with great clarity and eloquence and, unlike far too many "Christians" I know, you didn't force your opinions and/or beliefs on anyone. You just simply pointed out that there are those in this world who are different and deserve more respect, acceptance, and tolerance than they get. JJ does seem to be the one out of all the characters to be Wiccan. It is saddening to know that so many people feel they must hide who they are for fear of persecution - even in this day and age. That's what the Christian conservatives (i.e. el presidente George W. Bush) have turned this country into - their way or the highway. (sigh) Anyway, loved the story and hope you write more to keep our minds open to other possiblities!

P.S. In case you're curious, I'm not Wiccan but I am open-minded! :D
EreshkigalGirl chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
Merry meet, and way good story. Hope you had a good yule. Blessed be.