Reviews for Burden of a Destiny
Annonymouse chapter 9 . 2/1
Sometimes Harry's thoughts and feelings make me want to stab him in the head because they are silly and he's not making much sense
Just sometimes
I really like this story
I wrote that name on purpose
Love this series!
I swear half the chapters end with harry losing consciousness
Beside Moonlight chapter 29 . 10/11/2013
I'm crying so hard I am having trouble seeing the keyboard... D_:
Beside Moonlight chapter 17 . 10/10/2013
Aww. Poor Harry and Neville...
Beside Moonlight chapter 2 . 10/8/2013
Aww. That's a great idea for a B-Day present! :D
Noble Korhedron chapter 27 . 9/20/2013
OUCH! Cue one angry Dark Lord...
Blake Gray chapter 11 . 8/21/2013
I take it back. That I liked. It was realistic and quite effective. Finally someone else has a problem with Hermione's need to know everything. Every other fan ic I've read that doesn't bash her either ignores it, tones it down or treats it as something cute and good when in reality its annoying as all hell and only serves to pies off those with secrets. I will never doubt you again keep it up.
Blake Gray chapter 10 . 8/21/2013
Oh you got my hopes up. Just once I want to see Hermione put in her place. Is that to much to ask? Id say more but my uncalled for anger at this makes me want to hurt something. I've just had the thought lately that Harry never got a single choice that he wasn't pressured or guilt tripped into and that ending... Dude that ending sucked if you can tell me that you would react like that to one of your friends going behind your back then you are a better person than I am. I would hit her, female best friend or no I would. And there's the anger I should stop before I really want to hurt something.
MissNikita chapter 10 . 4/19/2013
Ughhh I cant stand Hermione, finally Harry stands up for himself and he still caves in.

Her bossiness is extremely obnoxious.
MissNikita chapter 3 . 4/18/2013
It alway annoys me to know end that Hermione and to a smaller extend Ron think they have a RIGHT to know everything about Harry, that when he doesn't tell them something he is keeping secrets and not trusting them anymore.

Extremely over dramatic and Harry has a right to choose what he tells about himself.

Just because your friends doesn't mean you can demand to know everything about a person, sometimes no means no and you just have to accept it.

Hermione never does, not in this story nor in others and that makes her an obnoxious brat.

Sorry had to let that out, it annoys me that much.

Otheriwse, this story is awesome.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 29 . 3/3/2013
Oh fudge. I knew it. Voldie's wised up...excellent ending.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 14 . 2/28/2013
I have to admit, before this I was rather apathetic towards your take on Umbridge. After this, I hate her more than I do in the books. Anyone who purposefully hurts a child that has been abused should be strung up by their offending part and left for the crows. Or the vultures.

Well done.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 13 . 2/27/2013
You know, I've been kind of harsh in the fact that I haven't given any positive feedback, so I figured I should do so. I love the pacing of your stories. It reminds me of the original books and there's a reason they were so well loved. I love what you've done with Sirius and Remus and I especially appreciate that you acknowledge all the people around Harry and how much they do mean to him (you have no idea how many stories end up downplaying or bashing on Ron, and I really don't see you doing that here).

That being said, I also have to say that I like what you've done with Harry for the preveious two stories for the most part, but something I started to see recently is that Harry doesn't seem like a Gryffindor. Admittedly he acted the way he did in the original books because of this treatment during the summer and his general distrust of adults (which he doesn't have here), but he just seems really out of character none the less. I've looked at his actions and thought 'coward' a few too many times for me to not mention it. I get that he's trying to protect his friends, and I get that he's desperately holding onto a home he doesn't want to lose, but while I like him not freaking out and standing up at every provocation, him not wanting to teach other students doesn't seem like something Harry would do, even and maybe even especially in this.

I say that because he saw Cedric die, and if it got to him as badly as you're making it out, then him not teaching other students that he cares about so the same thing doesn't happen to them just so he can stay in the shadows and out of the lime-light doesn't seem consistent with the personality you've created for him. Death Eaters would probably hear about his 'muggle' training, and laugh their heads off. Keeping that a secret...sorry, it doesn't fly to me, and it most certainly doesn't justify him not teaching the DADA. His fear for losing control of his magic would be a much better excuse, except you haven't put in here that he's had a problem at all with it for weeks, if not months (time is a bit ambiguous, but that was the sense I got), so I wouldn't be able to justify that in this story either.

Any way I look at them, his actions seem cowardly, and he seems to give into his fear a lot...and it almost seems like people are coddling him, which, in the long run, won't help him.

I guess I'm saying that even though physical abuse CAN and DOES seriously change and affect minds so that people think differently, I can't see it causing THIS much of a difference...if that makes any sense.

That said, I do plan on continuing to read this, but I had to get that off my chest because it was really distracting me from the story.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 8 . 2/27/2013
United States? This takes place in England, right? *scratches head*

Also you say "looked at them for moment" a lot and it almost always misses 'a' before 'moment'. Just something to look out for.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 5 . 2/27/2013
You know, you use the prhases "pulled him into a fierce embrace" and "slipped [his glasses] onto his nose and everything came into focus" a lot.
1,866 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »