Reviews for Mysterious Distance
fanka77 chapter 16 . 1/16/2014
WOW! That's all I can say.
TanjaO chapter 17 . 12/6/2012
Wow! Fantastic job! I did not expect the Daniel/Sam thing ... but it works. Thanks for a great story :-)
contrarymotion chapter 17 . 11/4/2011
great writing! at first I thought it was just your regular Jack chases after sam story and then you REALLY threw us a curveball with the whole sam/daniel thing. I thought it was a ruse...even the marriage but when they stayed together...wow, that's some plot there.

I am slightly curious about oma & daniel & shifu and skaara's adventures in the years between daniel's re-acension and Gracie's graduation. Plus Gracie herself :D

Anyway, great job writing this and I felt that the epliogue is the perfect way to end it!
hedwiggins chapter 16 . 12/4/2007
I just came across this story in the website, and then found it here on and I have to say that you are very creative and talented in your writing. You have to be, because I absolutely despised Sam in this story (and Daniel) for crushing Jack the way she/they did (without any remorse) in marrying Daniel, and expecting him to be all happy for them, while he was dying inside in a corner of himself. Sam has always been my favorite character on SG1, and in all other stories I've been really mad at Jack for hurting her and forcing her to come running back to him and forgiving him for all of whatever he did. You have to be an excellent writer for me to forget all that stuff and come to nearly despise her durng this story, as well as hating Daniel, too. All those years, Daniel knew how Jack felt about Sam and why he couldn't be with her and yet he was having sex with her all that time - neither he or Sam were any kind of friend to Jack during all that time, while he was patiently (or not) waiting till he could retire so he could marry Sam. Talk about getting kicked in the gut! Jack was the perfect gentleman to both of them, and I kept thinking neither of them deserved his friendship or anything else from him and they would have totally deserved him booting them out of his life, but he didn't. He even gave up his own daughter for the sake of his so-called friends. However, I knew he would take her back even though the first thing she tried to do was run away and leave their daughter (yet again) with him. A very good job of writing indeed
WritinginCT chapter 17 . 7/27/2007
OMG - I read this story a while back and LOVED LOVED LOVED it! But then my pc fried and I lost my bookmarks and couldn't find it. I've been begging in my profile for help finding this wonderful fic and can't tell you how many searches I did looking for it! I am SO glad I finally found it!

Thank you so much for sharing this story - I really enjoy it!
lovestruck1990 chapter 4 . 6/7/2007
this is very soap operatic, I was shcked about S/D
Kirsty chapter 17 . 12/29/2006
wonderful fic.
Caroline ONeill chapter 17 . 11/3/2006
I have read this a couple of times now and enjoy it every time. But I was woundering what would happen if Jack didn't cancel his retirement and still left the SGC when he found out Sam and Daniel were married. What would have happened then?

Again really enjoyed this story please do more.

If you have the time and the muse please do an AU to this story.
mak5258 chapter 17 . 8/26/2006
this story turned out really good! I almost stopped reading when sam and daniel got married... i'm glad i stuck with it! good writing.
Rebel Goddess chapter 17 . 6/2/2006
That was such a lovely final, final ending. Great story. I wasn't totally sure about Daniel's role in it all the way through but you made right in the end. Very enjoyable plot too.
Rebel Goddess chapter 16 . 6/2/2006
Loved the use of Dylan in this last chapter. Lovely fix-it.
Rebel Goddess chapter 12 . 6/2/2006
Wouldn't it be better for Grace's sake for them to know that Jack was the father if only because it would get rid of the whole "Ascended-dad" aspect?
Rebel Goddess chapter 10 . 6/2/2006
I think my mind's gone to bad places too often recently - the rocks line had me giggling like it was smut. I knew I was right. Nice twist even if I did suspect. I love being right in this case.
Rebel Goddess chapter 9 . 6/2/2006
Poor Daniel, but I have a suspicion that Grace isn't his but Jack's. It would be explained by the whole sleeping with him when drunk bit. Jacob is going to kick some archaeologist butt if Daniel doesn't tread carefully.
Rebel Goddess chapter 6 . 6/2/2006
The betting pool repeated joke had me chuckling but I am wondering if Daniel and Sam are really married or not. Such a glorious mess.