Reviews for Angel Chronicles
Level 250 Wild Goldeen chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
Nice. Another reason for me to check the FF11 section every once in a while. Eh...dunno if you'll even see this review, but I play WoW as well. Might as well not bother listing my chars- too numerous, and besides... I only play every few days now, to work down Rested bonuses. Ah, if you'd like to talk with me or somethin' then just send me an email. My profile should have my address in it. Now, g'night!
Vivli chapter 12 . 4/14/2005
Well I finished reading and am impressed. I hope to get to reading the second story when I can.

I don't think I've read a story where one person has it so rough (pretty much every chapter ended with Angel in very bad shape). If this had been a comedy, she would have been on par with Arthur Dent for bad luck (Hitchhiker's reference).

Also, I am very impressed with the final battle. Not just for your writing ability, I mean, I've already said how impressive I find your ability at writing battle. No, this time it was for something else. Using a Monty Python reference in the epic final battle. That was impressive.

So all in all, congratulations on a gripping and excellant story, even it leaves you feeling depressed afterwards. (I don't usually read angsty things).
Vivli chapter 7 . 4/14/2005
This story keeps getting more interesting. It's nice the way you skip ahead years, gives the chapters almost a sequel feeling.

I don't have much else to say about this one, except still good work. And your note on how hard it is to kill your characters, the trick is to plan that they're going to die. If I introduce a character, and know from the start they will die, I feel a little sad when I kill them, but I know that was their purpose.

For the most part it's a pain though. I hate to lose a character because you lose the ability to write about them again, even though all my attempts at sequels always come off much worse than the original.
Vivli chapter 5 . 4/14/2005
I really wish I could write as seriously as you do. It makes for an extremely engaging story. The battle scene in this chapter was fantastic, and I enjoyed it a great deal. I find battle scenes particually hard to write, and you pulled it off brilliantly.

I have a lot of work to do and am tempted to leave it so I can read ahead and find out what happens next. That's how engaged the story has me. It's very impressive.
Vivli chapter 3 . 4/14/2005
Unfortunatly I don't have time to finish reading this right now, but so far, it seems pretty impressive.

You master dialogue brilliantly, and it's always interesting and entertaining to read.

You may want to watch your tenses when writing though, you switch between present "she says" and past "she said" quite often. Try to settle on one or the other. Most writers use past tense I believe. Hope that didn't sound too mean, because story-wise, the storyline is dammed good.

The magic-school was a nice concept, and it was fun to read that section. Angel also is turning into quite an interesting character, which, of course, she lacked by being silent in the first two chapters.

I look forward to finishing this!
Rihan chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
This story was awesome, all chapters, and I started to read the story of Terra, also amazing. Your Dark Knight story was also quite...interesting XD.

-Rihan
Akkiko chapter 13 . 3/21/2005
And gosh darnit now I wanna know what happens in THIS story!

Urgh!

Lol, anyways, I love you tons angel for mentioning me a lot! U are the best author in the goonies.

However I noticed you seem to have a hobby of torturing me, whether me in the clutches of death or murdering my fiancee.

*glare glare*

XD

Lol, just kidding, nice imagination angel.
TrueDarkBlade chapter 13 . 3/19/2005
Total WooTness...
A.B. Boruff chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
First, a question I want to ask: What race is... well, any character whose race is not specified? Just curious, and for my own visualization. Anyway...

After reading all 103 (as printed from my computer in 11-point Verdana in Microsoft Word) pages of this fic, I must truly thank TrueDarkBlade for recommending this to me. Its an amazing epic adventure. Firstly, I mut say I'm not particularly pleased with the semi-vague writing, but it works in its own way. The character development was subtle, somthing I found very interesting, but at the same time it makes it hard to determine a lot about the character's personality until the entire story. Or something like that. I thought the story progression was appropriately reflective of the FF11 way of life, and it kept me interested all the way through. Nice blend of action, drama, and a little humor, but I personally would've fleshed out the romance between Zanu and Angel a lot more. But that's just from the view of a hopeless romantic. I'm a huge sucker for a good ending, and a good ending can make any story look better to me. In this case, the ending was a touching, emotional finale to a beautiful story. This one's a classic.

Rating: 9.75 out of 10
Sodo chapter 12 . 3/2/2005
;.; its finally over wow what a great story you deserve a pat on the back this is a great acheivment I could go as far to say you have enough here to publish keep up the good work and never stop writing because it is truly a gift of yours
KiaryT chapter 12 . 3/2/2005
Angel, your imagination went wild eh?

-NOW, that I have finished the ENTIRE damned story :), I must say I am pleased...

-BUT, I must say, San d'Oria will forever rule over Bastok and killing them off in your story makes me want to never level again without a signet ... hehehe.

-NEXT, I DIED? OMG I DIED! Without firing a single arrow, without fighting a single beast, without kicking the shadowlord in the crotch, without being the coolest hero alive, etc... /sigh im dead... WEll ill have to write a story about ya angel . and we shall see who dies? :)

-Great story, write another one, you seem to have plenty of free time. It will bring entertainment to us all :)

-Life is good everyone, life is good.
TrueDarkBlade chapter 12 . 2/26/2005
*has just read the entire story in one sitting*

Woah...

That is all I can say...

Just...

Woah...
Akkiko chapter 12 . 2/25/2005
Wow... so nice you focused on me but... why?

/cry

This chappie is really nice, I loved it lots, but now I feel sad...

/sigh

Well, nice chapter again, well written, good plot, fast paced action, it was really enticing!

Btw, what's with the badmouthing of my site on ur bio? Ur right, I am gonna kill ya. XD

But why?

KiaryT chapter 11 . 2/23/2005
I am not done with the story of this original adventure. I believe I left off on Chapter 8, but I decided to post a review prior to falling asleep. I figured I should probably say some things. First off, GREAT story and I will leave it at that assuming you have heard plenty of compliments. Secondly, I found it pertinent to note that using the adventures of the real "Angelsheart" was ingenious and clever. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say "Thank you" for displaying our influences in your story/life of Final Fantasy. Next, it is a shame that "Lageato, Artimas, and Kassi" who were all great folks are now gone, and with that I must include a compliment on how you removed them from the story. I actually cried as my eyes skimmed the letters that combined to make such saddening words. Last but not least, It has been my pleasure to experience what I have with you in Final Fantasy 11 (which you display so well in your story which by the way follows chronological order very well).

Thank you, and keep on writing, It truely is good :).

-To all readers besides Angel, THIS IS THE ACTUAL KIARY IN THE STORY WHO HAS EXPERIENCED DAMN NEAR EVERYTHING LISTED HERE with Angelsheart and I mUST APPOLOGIZE FOR NOT REVIEWING SOONER but hell, I don't even have time to finish this awesome story, much less register and post a review !
Thefrogkiller chapter 11 . 2/23/2005
Looking back over the past few chapters i have been reviceing complaints from several people who i have given this story to. And as i see in the reviews and emails that it seems to be happening here. Like the lack of full detail, or quick transistion between several people. I can explain for this.

From what it seems i have (in my sence anyway) use a new writing style that i call real time writing. Every fiction writting i have written has been written in a run through. Taken the outline for this story, which i have filled up two pocket sized note books, i take that idea and put dialogue into it.

This is obviously not the best way to write anything. I go back over each chapter and add to it in ways of actions and some detail. Since each chapter is done in such a fashion it takes me about 1-2 days to get a finished 10-20 page peice of work. (Most of it is me starring at my computer trying to fuigure out what happens next) Which is why i can keep you guys guessing. I dont have an ending to this story, i dont know where i'm goign to take it. Simply put, i make the story up as i go along. I suck i know. But that way it makes it more fun for me to write cuz i dont know what happens next. I have a few endings worked out but they dont work with the current story line, maybe i'll post them as extras.

So to finish, i'm sorry for my own sloppy work. And hope for you all to continue to read this mess of mine.