Reviews for Gods and Their Creations
fanfantome chapter 18 . 5/6/2015
I have re-read this several times. I cannot even comprehend how beautifully perfect this is. Each time i read the line "I wish i could change for you" and "remember you are loved" I tear up.
Thank you for this and congratulations. truly brilliant.
MusicalMaryann chapter 18 . 1/6/2013
This was so sad, but I enjoyed reading it. Thanks!
tophis1 chapter 18 . 11/6/2010
wow. That was a really good story!
Turnip713 chapter 4 . 1/27/2010
THANKYOU for this chapter! I LOVE the Phantom, just as much, if not more then anyone else (I have been a phan since I was seven and first heard the music), but I cannot stand most of the phanfiction out there because of the flaw you wrote about in your little comment at the top. The Phantom is a killer, and no matter how horrible the world has been to him, it does not excuse MURDERING people to further your would be lover's career. This holds true no matter how sexy you are. Christine did not turn him in because he was ugly, she turned him in because he was a serial killer, and much as I hate to say it, does belong in jail. Murder (not self defence, murder) is wrong, and until the phantom decides to recognize the fact that he screwed up in a really major way and decides to 1) stop killing people and 2) accept *some* of the consequences for brutally murdering people. I get really annoyed by people who cast Christine as some sort of villain because of what she did. It's like in BTVS, season 2 when buffy has to kill angel to save the world. On one hand, he's the man you love, on the other, if you don't kill/turn him in, lots of people are going to end up dead. In the end, no matter how difficuld it was to make said decision, the one that both buffy and christine make is the right one. And I LOVED the other chapters as well, you're actually a really good writer, good pace, nice balance between pace and description, plus it's nice to have something to read that I don't feel the need to role eyes at. (Honestly, murder is not cool, why is this such a difficult concept?)
Evil Clinky chapter 18 . 11/3/2009
Holy crap, I love this! Beautifully written, with well-developed characters and motivations. Admittedly, at first I thought Erik was a bit OOC, too meek, like there's just no way in hell he'd take all that sh*t from anybody. He'd just punjab them all and get the heck outta there, you know? Coz he's the Phantom and that's basically what he does best, lol. But you made it all work so well and I gotta say, this is one of the best characterizations of Erik I've ever read. And you even made Raoul very likable. D But my favorite (after Erik, of course) has got to be Arnoux. I would've loved to have seen more of him, though-his own story fleshed out. But this was just a collection of vignettes and not really a full-on novel-length fic, so I understand his scarcity completely. Even though he was only in a few scenes, his presence filled them entirely. And his thoughts towards the end have got to be my favorite quote:

"From what little he saw of the Phantom of the Opera - Erik - he had spoken to a man of class, finery, and intelligence. Erik was all he did not see himself as, and that was a man among men. But he will not be remembered as a man. Not now, with such power to vanish into a night where none will follow. He is not fearless. From what I've seen, he has all the characteristics of a man and more. Not just a heart, bones, blood, a face, but a soul. All men have souls, but Erik's loved nothing of himself, only of a thing he could never have. If in only two minutes of interaction such a man is brought to light, then he is something to be remembered. Not now. Erik will be remembered by those who condemned him as only a ghost, and thus heads will rest easy on their pillows tonight. Sleep will not be denied to those who least deserve its comfort."

All in all, it was a very satisfying alternate ending to the movie, though with more or less the same outcome, which is just the way I like it. It made sense and fit the story so perfectly, all the while being completely unpredictable and without the usual cheesy clich├ęs found in a lot of other fics. That's quite a feat!

You mentioned you were considering a sequel to this. Whatever happened to that? I don't normally like the idea of sequels in general, but if you wrote one, I'd definitely read it. ) Thanks for writing this story. It was a pleasure to read.
IamthePhantomoftheOpera chapter 18 . 8/14/2009
wow...that was an amazing story! i have not yet checked to see if you wrote a sequel, but if you haven't, then pretty please do! and if you have, hooray!-i'm off to read it. at any rate, though, i love this story!
ginnyharryxox chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Aw. This is so sad. Poor Erik :-(
phantom-jedi1 chapter 18 . 2/12/2008 have created a beautiful work in so little space. Well done!

Phantom Jedi
Shiomei chapter 18 . 8/9/2007

Congratulations on such a good story. Even though I do not enjoy Christine as a character, I really liked the way you developed her character. I've read far too many silly, shallow Christines. This one is realistic, full of mistakes -in my opinion- but still human and not the innocent, deceived wench some people like to portray her. I adored your very 'in-character' Erik and I think the Vicomte was also well depicted.

PhantomSnape01 chapter 17 . 6/1/2006
kewl story
epokalyptikal chapter 18 . 5/23/2006
oh my goodness, i have no words to describe how i loved this story. your portrayal of erik, the emotions, the actions...i'm speechless. so many tears i cried! for no reason! just the glory of the writing! *weeps*

...i love you.
MadLizzy chapter 18 . 10/16/2005
Great finish! I've admired the way you brought dignity to all of the characters, especially the much-maligned Raoul. Giving Erik both redemption and acknowledgement of his crimes was important. You made Christine into a strong young woman, which isn't easy to pull off and keep her in character.

I've always thought that if Meg had caught the Phantom's eye first, none of the horror would have happened. She alway seemed well-grounded, although too young for him. I'm going to imagine all sorts of goodness as she grows up.

Thanks for this story. It is definitely one of the best I've read.

MadLizzy chapter 14 . 10/16/2005
Brilliantly written! ~ML
MadLizzy chapter 12 . 10/16/2005
All right, I'll gush over this chapter. I loved it. Every word of it. ~ML
MadLizzy chapter 11 . 10/16/2005
This chapter, with the confrontation of Erik and Raoul, was exqisite. Very imaginative! ~ML