Reviews for The Year of Living
SapphireSecret chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
Awesome story. You have an interesting writing style. You did a great job showing the reader all of the different sides of the Tim-being-a-hero conflict. I enjoyed the different POVs.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
That was heart breaking. I have to keep reminding myself that they all end up okay... mostly... except for Gear's gut.
livy chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
nice story! i liked how you put batman in it and the whole league! you setted it up very nicely. i really like the end of story, it was nice!]
ShineX chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Very nicely done, I like the fic.
huailiu919 chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
I always think Virgil and Tim can be a great combination. Thanks for writing about them.
Nameless Boast chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
Oh good god.

I know this story was posted a few years back, but it's just incredible. This is a heartbreakingly realistic take on RotJ. Your characterizations are, of course, dead-on, your transitions between scenes are seamless, and the tone is just perfect.

Thanks for posting this amazing piece.
criicalfreeze chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Really nice. The format of the page was slightly annoying, but I could truly feel the emotions cooking up in everyone. Great job.
Soului chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
that's definitely an intersting outside take on ROTJ. I thoughly enjoyed it.
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Good wrapup to the future JLU story here and to RotJ as well - I liked how you handled this one...

Tracey
Spiral Wheel chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
I know this review is really late but it was so brilliant and so utterly depressing at the end that I just had to comment. It was brilliant in that everything was so in-character and realistic. It was depressing in that 'oh-god-that-sucked-so much-I-won't-be-able-to-smile-for-the-rest-of-the-night.
Quillian chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
WOW. Brilliant idea, brilliantly done. :D
GreenEyes7 chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
Hi! I read The Year of Living in the the Red, Red Robin Archive and I really enjoyed it. Tim is a complex character in the comic and cartoon series, and I really liked how you portrayed him in the backdrop of RotJ. Seiing him through Static's eyes gives a muted, but more subjective look at what could have been going on in his head if events played out for the worse. Thank you for writing and sharing your fic.
ghostninja85 chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
Hey. Once again, I like how you fit this into the real continuity, but this only reminds me of how much I hate and I mean HATE what they did to Tim. It's just the entire package from beginning to end.

However, they are showing some signs of retconing it. One can only hope. Kids like Teen Titans GO! too much to let them ruin its leader. Even with all the sh!t they're putting Tim through in the DCU, I'll still always be a comics man.

Thanks for pointing out this fic. I really liked it.
The Black Quill chapter 1 . 3/6/2005
Very good. Fucking BRILLIANT. I loved it. Really and truly.
Merlin Missy chapter 1 . 2/20/2005
Actually, no. Teen Titans is not in continuity with Justice League or Batman. Batman was referring to a different group that we haven't met, and won't meet. (per Paul Dini, who wrote the episode - it was supposed to be a throwaway line)

Additionally, during the first Static/B:TAS crossover (The Big Leagues), we saw Robin out of costume and it was clearly Tim Drake, not Dick Grayson. Finally, during the Static/Batman Beyond crossover (Future Shock) Robin was back again, and was wearing Tim's costume. Static is Tim's contemporary, not Dick.