Reviews for The Quickening
shugokage chapter 75 . 4/28
Great job on this story!
Welt Beherrschunger chapter 75 . 3/26
Excellent work and thank you for the awesome story. Your characterizations were well done and you avoided some of the common tripfalls of a Xander/Faith pairing like an overly played irrational reaction from Willow. You managed to do some amazing work molding an original telling while still sticking with the main plotline.
highlander348 chapter 47 . 5/15/2015
where is the lemon scene?
ANARCHY RULES chapter 75 . 11/12/2014
This was a really good story. I loved the different direction that events went. Xander and Faith really worked which was surprising but still extremely enjoyable
ANARCHY RULES chapter 29 . 11/12/2014
Giles is awesome... not really a surprise but it still needs saying
ANARCHY RULES chapter 20 . 11/12/2014
I have to say that the kiss and Willow and Buffy's reaction was just PERFECT. It really felt like something from the show.
ANARCHY RULES chapter 18 . 11/12/2014
I'm really liking this story so far. Everyone appears to be in character especially Faith which is really weird considering just how different her story has turned out.
genisis love chapter 3 . 6/2/2013
I never thought of Faith n Xander. But it does have some potential. :) I will def give this a chance, very well written so far. I like the intro of faith n xander.
fullhans1 chapter 75 . 12/27/2012
SeanHicks4 chapter 75 . 8/25/2011
INteresting AU
Hawklan chapter 2 . 6/11/2011
_Chapter One:_

ahh I wonder how this meeting will go over *g* and nice scene with Xander how he prepared himself to be the Joker we know him as.

_Chapter Two:_

ok regarding your title I guessed a Highlander Xover, which you sadly dispelled, but I think I keep reading. I liked the pickpocket scene...
Hawklan chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
hmm looking forward to see what u have planned with this story.
Stormbringer951 chapter 75 . 8/29/2010
Okay, I understand this is one of your earliest works, so some of the criticisms that I've got probably won't apply to you. Anyway, here goes.

The Quickening uses a more or less familiar Faith/Xander plot - "what if Faith had friends in Season 3"? The interaction between Faith and Xander is believable and her later relationship with Giles is rather cute. I thought that Wesley was far too cool about everything, especially in regards to differences between this one and his canon character. Still, he got better on Angel the Series so it's not implausible.

The plotline is pretty neat. You've cut out more or less everything that doesn't involve Faith or Xander so the story is pretty lean in that respect. I was happy that you kept the part where Faith accidentally stakes Alan Finch (lots of people *fix* it and deny Faith the chance of more character growth). The part where Faith reached out to Angel afterwards was really well executed.

The one flaw that kept on jumping out at me was the prose. Rather than showing the reader what's happening, you tell them exactly what the characters are thinking and feeling in the narrator voice. It's kind of jarring - I'm not sure whether you wanted to tell it in omniscient narrator (third person) or character (third person limited) voice for each part.