Reviews for Still Life
Carol Blake chapter 1 . 3/10
Hey ya, I just wanted to tell you (even though it's nearly a decade late) that I really loved your story, it was great that even though they didn't get to be together as such while alive, the get to spend forever together in the painting network :-) Love it so much! Sorry, I'm not logged in right now :-(
Gina chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
That was so sweet! It was sad, but I liked the ending.
LazyNezumi chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
Oh gosh...
In turns sad and the so do full of fluff...
All I can do is make a silly face and aww :3
Great piece!
Severus Snape's Beloved chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
SS/HG painting stories are among my favorites,and you pulled it off fantastically!

I applaud you!

-Severus Snape's Beloved
Moi chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
That was beautiful!

So touching and gentle.

And loving.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us. :)

Moi
Michi Yuy chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Wow, this was really quite beautiful. Kudos!
daisyfawhn chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
Aw. That was sad. It made me cry. But I loved it... :)
CaptainPixie chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
That was beautyful. I was crying at the end. That is some of the best wrighting I have come across in a long time, well done, well done!

Pixie

xox
Fizzing Whizbee chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
It's a bittersweet type of happiness...On the one hand, they can be in love for all of time this way (or until someone forgets to touch up their painting?), but on the other, they never got to really be together in life.

-sigh- I still have the big doofus-looking smile on my face though. You know the kind: the "Aw, young love" type. Or the "I just watched Fitzwilliam Darcy propose to Elizabeth Bennet and it's SO wonderful I could just explode". :)
CharmedForce chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
I have read this story so many times, and each time it strikes me just as powerfully as the first.

This is one of my favorite SSHG stories ever. The plot is so outstanding, and the feelings that both characters demonstrate, both in regrets and in love, is wonderful. Great job!
lipasnape chapter 1 . 3/31/2007
Eh, we might be forced to confine ourselves to this kind of happiness for our heros after the Deathly Hallows. Comforting, though only somewhat.
dancingfirefly124 chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
What an innovative idea. You're right, the portraits do seem to have a life of sorts, so this is entirely plausible. I like the bit about using a bit of the person's hair in the brush, too.
notplainjane chapter 1 . 1/3/2007
This is such a beautiful, melancholy story!
Lady-Isowen chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Wow! This story was absolutely brilliant! It's definitely going on my list of faves!
watercolour dreams chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
That was such a good one-shot...OMG I cried, I have no idea why but I just did. It was written beautifully and with great empathy. Well done! Such a marvellous piece of work.