Reviews for Still Life
lipasnape chapter 1 . 3/31/2007
Eh, we might be forced to confine ourselves to this kind of happiness for our heros after the Deathly Hallows. Comforting, though only somewhat.
dancingfirefly124 chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
What an innovative idea. You're right, the portraits do seem to have a life of sorts, so this is entirely plausible. I like the bit about using a bit of the person's hair in the brush, too.
notplainjane chapter 1 . 1/3/2007
This is such a beautiful, melancholy story!
Lady-Isowen chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Wow! This story was absolutely brilliant! It's definitely going on my list of faves!
watercolour dreams chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
That was such a good one-shot...OMG I cried, I have no idea why but I just did. It was written beautifully and with great empathy. Well done! Such a marvellous piece of work.
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Once again, another long review from me.

"She had become an intriguing Other..." Wow. You come up with amazingly wonderful original ideas. Love the way you phrased that. Yes, Hermione doesn't like to conform to general perceptions, does she? ;)

"until Snape sought to resolve the situation in the mature, reasoned way" Mwaha ha. I had no idea what was next was coming. You cunning person, you. Trust Snape to be 'mature' about it. ;)

"But nevertheless it was the spark, the seed of something potentially quite special that deserved further exploration..." Ah, I adore how you phrased that. It's so wonderful, so perfect.

"(or what they told themselves firmly that they didn’t really feel)." He he.

You gotta love the unflowery way Sevvie courts. :D

I wonder who did 'truly mourn' the passing of Snape. Hmm...

"come to be like a loved (if stubborn and ill-tempered at times) son to Dumbledore." Aw. I see it that way too! And I love the bits in the parentheses. ;)

It's funny how much impact that one trait of Snape's has: sarcasm. I can definitely see how that would be the attribute most missing.

I love the idea of the hair, and the lingering traits. Very nice touch.

I think it's funny how Snape's portrait deserves to be hung somewhere other than the dungeons, yet Snape himself had to work and live down there. :)

He he he. His stalking to get to Hermione's portrait is just priceless - made me laugh. Love it! :)

"surely he had a heart for it was singing inside" Aw!

Ha ha. Trust Potter and Weasley to survive indeed. *grin*

AH HA HA HA HA. Ron fainted. Mwaha ha. That's priceless, that is.

Aw... that graveyard scene makes my eyes watery. What a brilliant writer you are.

I loved this story. A new, fresh approach, wonderfully carried out, and a joy to read. Yay for happy paintings! :-D
cee2lee2 chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
The use of the portraits to reveal their affection was very clever. Though not a "happily ever after" story in the traditional sense, it was certainly a satisfying and happy ending. Thank you for a lovely story.
atlantel chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
I think I already left a review on Ash a long time ago, but I still like the idea of the paintings, together like this, even if they're dead, a part of them is alive for ever. It was a great idea:)
evil-mastermind666 chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
This was so poignant... They couldn't be together in life, but as portraits they live on forever :) *sniff!*
Madeleine Toleri chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
Beautiful! *tear*
Litasha1987 chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
*sniffs* that was so... o words can't describe who your story makes me fell. Your story is one of the most original stories on fanfiction that i have yet to cross. I love the whole painting theme who have. I do hope to read more of your stories. *Bows* Bravo!
MerlinHelpMe chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
very good story. well done and you didnt find the need to drag the story out to give details of what thier relationship had become before the battle. it wasnt needed. for as short as the story was, it was enough for you to feel a part of it and know exactly what others in the story were feeling. again good job. nicely written
sisterthemoon chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
Very poignant and sweet. Thank you for sharing!
AzkabanReject chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
That was beautiful. I've never read something like your story. It had an unusual, but curious plot. I found it completely original.
Rayne17703 chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
wow ive never read a snape/hermione story but now i think ill start all i can say is wow
82 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »