Reviews for The Hall Of the Mountain King
Sanchica chapter 5 . 8/28/2010
Oh man, Hank keeps making the wrong decisions. If he continues that way, his leadership will be seriously re considered.

And Eric keeps ending in the receiving end of those mistakes. I have no complaints about that! The Cavalier in disgrace makes me squirm in delight… there is something really magical in his suffering, as much as in his redemption. Despite having being conceived as some sort of antagonist character, Eric was brave and honest. As time passed by in the Realm, there’s no doubt those qualities increased and he began to turn into the Knight he was destined to be. Dungeon Master didn’t choose him as the Cavalier randomly, after all.

I’m so fascinated with your stories. Your story telling skills are remarkable, as well as your imagination.
Rana Kane chapter 5 . 6/28/2009
I was wondering the same thing about Judith Tarr's fantasy novel of the same name. There's no disclaimer about it.
Josephina88 chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Is this like a crossover with Judith Tarr's book of the exact same name? The Hall of the Mountain King (Vol. 1 of Avaryan Rising)? You dont mention whether it is or not.
Bluetiger chapter 5 . 3/5/2008
Very angsty, but very good, poor Eric, poor Presto, yay for Sheila and boo for Hank (alright thats not really fair to Hank, it was a difficult choice, or at least it should have been!).

They didn't actually help either of them, despite the 'There will only be time to help one' line, but now I think about it, DM didn't actually say they would, did he.

I am looking forward to seeing what happens regarding DM's last few sentences.
Guest chapter 5 . 11/29/2007
Very nice

I especially like parts with Sheila and Eric (my favourite characters, such human, such imperfect).
Aly Teima chapter 5 . 4/10/2005
Oh, that was so wonderful. Really, it was worth the wait. (Please not so long a wait next time? JK) :-) I loved Presto's reaction and Hank's guilt, all of the characters so, _in_ character. That was excellent.

Can't wait until the next one.

-Aly Teima
Priceless chapter 1 . 2/17/2005
*eagerly awaiting ch4* aw poor Eric! Treated so mean...yet...must...read more! keep writing! :)
Rana Kane chapter 3 . 2/11/2005
Eek! Eric's being selfless. How dare he be that way? He's not allowed! :) Just kidding. Can't think of much to say at this point. Just waiting to see what happens next.
Aly Teima chapter 3 . 2/10/2005
Oh, excellent as always. I loved how you portrayed Sheila here, she is a tough character to define. Whereas Diana is strong, Shiela can seem like a wimp at times. She's not my favorite (though I love Katie Leigh who voiced her in the series :-) ) but you made her seem so real and human that I respected her and felt compassion at the same time. Do you by chance teach classes on characterization? *Giggle* just kidding, but no seriously ;-) Can't wait until the next chapter
Aly Teima chapter 2 . 1/27/2005
Another excellent story! And Presto and Eric are in the center of it, hooray!

Again, I think its wonderful the accuracy of the characterization here. So on target, not too sappy or emotional but the loyalty and affection between the group is there. Terrific.

-Aly
Rana Kane chapter 2 . 1/24/2005
Poor Hank. He's really beating himself up over this decision. He knows which one he'd choose. OK, that wasn't fair - I know which one *I'd* choose. ;)

I really gotta catch up on those other two stories so I know exactly what Eric and the Harlequin were up to. Sounds spicy!

Alright, I'm gonna sit back here and wait for Eric to "grow" that steel. Hehehe.
B chapter 2 . 1/23/2005
Oh poor Eric. Of course. Lizard men with their scales...of course they thought the chain mail was a skin he shed. Great chapter, can't wait to read more of this story.
B chapter 1 . 1/14/2005
Ooh, great cliffhanger, hope you update soon!
Rana Kane chapter 1 . 1/10/2005
Eric frustrates me to no end. He really does. What in the world was he doing up and about? And how did Sheila miss him? Heh, maybe those berries gave him diarreah and he snuck away for a poo! *lol*

Seems like Presto picked up a little intuition since "Interlude." (It will really be creepy if something has somehow crossed over from Presto's little journey into that other 'reality,' for lack of a better word, and that's what he's ultimately sensing.)

My favorite line in this chapter came from Dungeon Master: "You are responsible..." (Won't give it away there.) It's one of those things that can apply to so much, be it past, present, future, or all of the above. It makes one stop and think. Simple line, I know, but it really stood out to me. I'm one of those "thinkers," I guess.

Here's to Presto being the one who lives through this! Bye, Eric! *apologies* ;)