Reviews for All Fall Down
dimensioner chapter 12 . 5/13/2011
That was a real good story, I even could imagine it being the story of a Highlander episode. Well written, very interesting, and lots of Methos - very to my linking!
Sholio chapter 12 . 5/3/2011
This was fantastic! Long, good, plotty, ensemble gen is always a treat in any fandom, and I've been having trouble finding stories in Highlander fandom that scratch that itch, so I really loved this. :) All the character were very much themselves; I especially liked your unsentimental (and yet sympathetic!) Methos - I think you nailed his particular blend of selfishness and reluctant heroism in a way that not very many authors do. But I really enjoyed the way that all of them interacted and everyone had their part to play, especially Amanda taking the brunt of the hypothermia & drowning for Joe's sake.
Rivana chapter 12 . 1/22/2011
Interesting story. Great plot. Well done in fleshing Greta out as a character also.
Trekkieb chapter 12 . 11/14/2010
This has got to be one of the best pieces of fanfiction I have ever read. It is certainly the best Highlander fic I have ever read. I am so impressed with your writing: clear, descriptive, compelling, emotive, humorous. The plot was interesting and unpredictable. Everything was so crisp and clear, I could see every scene, the churches, the rainy streets, every smirk and eyeroll. But best of all, you had every single one of the characters down-pat. I loved Methos' perspective on things - his irritation, amusement, his occasional desire to murder his acquaintances. :) I loved seeing both Adam and Methos, as they are really two separate characters, and I liked how the others (i.e., macLeod, Joe) could tell when one was more present than the other. A great example of this was the fight scene between methos and Michael - loved it! I also loved how you captured the other characters. In some stories, McLeod is featured as a real jerk and Richie is usually portrayed as a 5 year old. But you portrayed them both as I remember them on the show - affectionate, long-suffering, with occasional bouts of brooding, disappointment, and/or cheekiness. I don't know how I never read this before, but I'm glad I found it. It's truly an amazing work.
staidwaters chapter 12 . 9/15/2010
lovely, just lovely. And rich with plot and character development. Yum. (4am here, sorry, too tired to write more.)
SupernaturalGeek chapter 12 . 6/18/2009
I have really enjoyed this - despite my minor confusion at the end - and I was especially pleased with that little 'moment' between Methos and Duncan.

I was somehow relieved that Duncan has resolved his feelings over what Methos did (or may have done) in the past and that they were back to their usual friendly terms.

I loved the idea too that Methos may be running again but this time he has somewhere to go, and with Duncan's express permission as well :)

Although knowing Methos that will no doubt take the fun out of drinking all of Duncan's beer!

Great story and in character throughout.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 11 . 6/18/2009
I'm still not entirely sure I understand everything that happened with Michael, the mysterious religious group and Darius. Not to mention Methos's part in it. But I'm glad whatever it was seems to have cured everyone, and that Michael is dead. Although I'd be happier if Stefan didn't still want Methos's head.

After all that tension, this made me grin as it was such a Methos moment:

“Mac … try and resist the urge to say ‘I told you so’”.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 10 . 6/18/2009
I'm beginning to quite like Stefan but I really don't want him to kill Methos.

The image of all the desperately ill people trying to get into the church was chilling. There is something incredibley frightening about the thought of a plague, of any kind..
SupernaturalGeek chapter 9 . 6/18/2009
Tense, yet still amusing with the banter. That's hard to pull off but you do it very well.

Sometimes you when you think of all Methos would have seen in five thousand years the mind just boggles.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 8 . 6/18/2009
I always hated the moments when Duncan and Methos would fight over his past, but I too always got the sense that Methos is a far better man than he will allow Duncan to believe. He is certainly one mass of contradictions..

This line in particular held very true to me, as far as I always saw the character:

“I’ve seen things you’ve all done. He’s just had longer to screw up.”

The part with Joe and Amanda made me shudder though. The idea of drowning over and over is just horrifying. I really hope the others find them soon..
SupernaturalGeek chapter 7 . 6/18/2009
I am grinning at Methos answering a question for once and Duncan being so suspicous of the answer! But he's right, he doesn't really look Egyptian...

The banter between Joe and Amanda at the beginning was priceless. Once more it had me laughing aloud.

I still have no idea how this is going to end up, but that's actually making it even more fun to read :)
SupernaturalGeek chapter 6 . 6/18/2009
I felt for poor Richie, being wound up by Methos, but it was incredibly amusing nonetheless!

I really like watching Richie and Methos interact actually, I always enjoyed those moments on the show. The banter about names was particularly funny.

But the plot definitely thickens with the addition of the Roman Catholic Church to the mix. Tha and the sense of foreboding that whatever is happening in the Latin Quarter is related to their problem.

I picked this as my favourite line (amongst many) as it was 100 per cent in character:

Richie’s hand shoved the Ivanhoe aside as he came around the corner, stopping on the top step with a scowl that was more embarrassed than angry. “Not funny.”

“I laughed.” The sword slipped back into its sheath and his hands back into his pockets.

Onto the next one...
SupernaturalGeek chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
Curiouser and curiouser..

The addition of Amanda into the mix was a fun one, not least because of her entrance! Yet another character you are writing so well I could be watching them onscreen.

I'm intrigued by the new immortal who wants to kill Methos, but wants to kill Michael Doyle more. He could be dangerous.

And now poor Duncan has been arrested! Their week is really not going well, but the story definitely is :)
SupernaturalGeek chapter 4 . 6/17/2009
Methos really is trying to push Duncan's buttons, isn't he? This is getting more and more intriguing!
SupernaturalGeek chapter 3 . 6/17/2009
I know I've said this already, but the voices are just so perfect that I can not only hear them as I read but I can see it playing out in my head.

The biting humour of Methos, and rare yet sharp sarcasm of Duncan, really is making me laugh aloud. Even as the tension keeps me on the edge of my seat.

I did enjoy Methos trying to intimidate Greta, and I liked that she surprised him when she said she'd seen everything and meant the good as well as the bad. I always thought Methos was a good person who'd done bad things, rather than being evil. He just liked to hide it well..