Reviews for Edo
Vera-Sama chapter 36 . 8/25/2010
I know it's been ages since you posted/updated this, and there's still a few chapters of Edo II I still have to read, but I figured this was a good time to review.

I noticed most of the newer Weiss Fics are Youji/Ran, and that made me want some good old Ran/Ken...which lead me to this.

I just have to say this story is unbelievably amazing! I love the parallels with the series, but also the vastly different, creative turn it all had to it. Parts of this made me cry, while others had me laughing so hard I almost cried. Both earned me strange looks from loved ones.

I love the characterizations in this story. They all seem quite accurate, far more so than anything I could do. I also love the depth each character has...both Weiss and Schwartz.

On a side note, unrelated to the fic, I'm quite jealous of you...getting to live in Japan, and seeing Dir en Grey in concert. In Japan. Both are things I'd love to do myself. Also, I found all of your cultural notes incredibly fascinating. Thanks for not just a wonderful fic, but a cultural learning experience as well. With all that said, I'm off to read Edo II!

Thanks again for posting such awesomeness! Ja!
Ken Lover chapter 36 . 1/10/2007
What can I say. You have me speechless with this wonderful story. I love the detail you put in for the Japanese era and the notes on culture you put at the begining of each story because this means you really know what you're talking about. In some stories, there are cheap, fake imitations of Japanese samurai era and it's quite frustrating. But wow! What a long epic! I read it all day yesterday and not once was I bored! You kept me waiting for things to resolve. I loved the way you depicted Ran and Ken's relationship in the context of an older samurai taking care of a younger one. It definitely fits. I do believe at some point it was considered a pure form of love. Anyways, awesome job!

On another note, I was a little disappointed in the ending, which I think cut of kind of abruptly, but I know how hard it is to end. Cool story.
elven-girl10 chapter 36 . 8/1/2005
Nice work. I hope you update soon.

elvengirl
HeatherR chapter 36 . 7/25/2005
Yay! Yanagi is dead! Good for Omi. I really liked how he was judging their movements during the fight. I sometimes forget how experienced he really is. :D Great chapter! And onto the next arc! yay!

As you know I'll be sending you and your kitty good vibes for the trip! Can't wait to hear that you're home safe and sound!
nukiuchi chapter 36 . 7/19/2005
yay! surprise update! _ I'm always on the edge of my seat for your updates. I know you will continue your story after you leave here, and we've never met, but I still feel like I'm bidding you farewell! ;_; Good luck with the return home and your farewell speech. If you ever need a place to stay in Japan, my closet is stuffed with extra futons, ya know.
BengalCat chapter 36 . 7/19/2005
you've got to write a farewell-speech? x.Ô poor you...

chapter: I liked it, really liked it (mostly because of how Ken came across... ah, Kenken fighting, with a bare upper body... hm... *licks lips*)

and Schwarz is evil... bad Schu, bad!

.~ ja, Bengali!
HeatherR chapter 34 . 7/6/2005
O.O O! Its really getting exciting again! I can't wait until you post another chapter! I don't think this one suffered at all for its size or the fact that you're busy. It was great! I'll eagerly be awaiting more! _
KAIplue chapter 2 . 7/2/2005
Woah! Cool! Sorry, I'm just a new reader of your fic Edo. And I really really reall really like it!XD I can't help but to admire your writing style. And I can help to envy you because you live in Japan! You must be way older that me._;; Well since you're a teacher there, can you teach me how to speak really fluent Japanese? I'm just a begginer and I've been self studying for like what?... 3 years? Could you think you could help me? Well anyway, I just hope you write more good stories like this, not like some trashy peverted fics out there._ that's all...

n-ja!XD
Whisper Reilman chapter 34 . 6/24/2005
Though the chapter was short, I don't think it lacked for quality. Question, though...isn't the plural of ninja, ninja? Wondering on that.
BengalCat chapter 34 . 6/24/2005
the quality did not suffer at all... but it's the quantity that makes me suffer! y.y

ja, Bengali!
elven-girl10 chapter 34 . 6/24/2005
Short but still good, that's for sure _ i really love your writing style, so update soon

elvengirl10
HeatherR chapter 33 . 6/13/2005
Yay! Excellent, excellent! So exciting! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! I can't believe Takatori was so bored, and had so much faith in his own abilities after being so lazy for so long. True arrogance is its own downfall. Okay, so I'm sure everything won't go so smoothly in the next chapter. I can't wait to see what happens with yanagi and Schu and Farf. _ Keep 'em coming! (When you can.)
M-chan chapter 33 . 6/11/2005
I don't know about this being less than stellar. I love it. You describe the mission plan so well. And of course the little RanKen just brightens my day. Say, when is Ken gonna teach the others about the dye? I'm curious.
elven-girl10 chapter 33 . 6/10/2005
and so...takitori's dead. Nice chapter..._ update soon

elvengirl10
shikigami-kun chapter 33 . 6/9/2005
I'm very proud of you! And so very happy. The missions half done(hopefully) and I can't wait to see how it all works out. I'll be waiting for word too! hehe _

shiki-kun