Reviews for There's a Kind of a, Sort of a Cost
ASiriuslyGleekyTimeLord chapter 4 . 3/4/2012
Is there any chance that Elphie might be able to save Fiyero?
Shockheaded Peter's Sister chapter 4 . 3/3/2012
This is very distressing in a good way! I'm more upset about the Fiyero that Elphaba sees in her 'vision' being cold-hearted towards her than his actual destruction in the previous scene. Riveting! I'll be anxious to see more... even if I'm very worried!
ComingAndGoingByBubble chapter 4 . 3/3/2012
I really like it. Great work!

ComingAndGoingByBubble chapter 3 . 12/19/2011
Please write more. I know it's been a while but I wanna know what happens next. You're leaving me hanging!

SoConfusified chapter 3 . 11/19/2008
Did you just kill Yero My Scarecrow? I have never actually seen anyone kill Scarecrow Yero in a fic before, that took some guts!

Wow. I really really hope you didn't just kill him, I really really hope not. Poor Elphaba.

Well, I suppose the only way to find out is to proceed...*crosses fingers* Here's to foolish optimism.

Random thought: you have suffeciently captured my interest to keep me from studying for finals, congratulations!
bloodymary2 chapter 3 . 5/29/2008
First part I've read...

Good writing and emotional turmoil... but can I just say: EVIL YOU!
L Ducky chapter 3 . 2/21/2006
This is awsome! Beutifally (sp?) written. I love it... okay off to read Glinda's POV
Symbolist chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
Please move this to the Wicked category. We're trying to get more fics in there. And that's where this belongs anyway. :-)
Anonymous-cat chapter 3 . 8/29/2005
You write very well, very realistically- but your stories are too depressing! How can anyone stand to write like this?

And yet strangely, I have this morbid feeling of wanting to know what happens. That shows its good, even if it is seriously depressing. Good job.
Ivy chapter 3 . 4/24/2005
I'm a new reader of your stories, and they are very well written. The present tense style isn't up my alley, but you do it well.

YOu have a powerful voice, and the sister-fic shows it too.

I assume you are following the musical, yes? Elphie can't get says Gregory Maguire.

But aside from that, it's a lovely story..sad, but lovely.
sweet saturn chapter 3 . 2/8/2005
Once again, I am putting off studying to read fanfiction, specifically yours. All I have to say right now is *SOB SOB SOB!* Ok done mourning Fiyero. I like how you explain Fiyero's motivation and feelings. I know this is basically all I ever talk about, but when it's good, I have to. I think I may have said this before or maybe it was somewhere else, but I'm glad at least Fiyero doesn't just get blown away or randomnly set ablaze by a bolt of lighting. He's wearing down and then comes the average bolt of lighting but it doesn't set him on fire. Instead he gets torn apart. Much more tragic. Nice description too. Speaking of tragic, that whole conversation between Elphaba and Fiyero was killing me (in a good way, although that's kind of an oxymoron). Felt a sharp pang when he said she had already lost him. Then you go on further to explain his pent up feelings-a rarity in fanfiction. I especially liked the flashback because it didn't just go over the events we already knew, again you have a scene where motives are explained. Kudos for also including another person's view (other than Elphaba's) of Glinda and giving those two a minute of non-romantic or specifically a shared goal connection. Now that ending scene is nice; Elphaba doesn't burst out into tears (haha Originality 101). She's not one to express her emotions blatantly. She sits in quiet shock staring and holding onto what was once her lover. Talk about angst.
nancystagerat chapter 3 . 2/3/2005
Jenny...As much as this chapter makes me want to cry, I have to say I applaud your aptitude for angst. And I mean the hysterical 'this is the stuff of a bestseller-list-caliber writer' applause (if only you could get this stuff published!). You have this uncanny ability to make any reader empathize with almost any character you write, and it's insane the way you can make your readers see everything that's going on in such high definition. It's like a movie - no matter how bad the situations get, no matter how much hell these characters have to endure, people have to stick with it and see it through to the end, just because it's so...gripping, for lack of a better word.

Can't wait for more, as always,

elphaba-thropp chapter 2 . 1/27/2005
What does the tear mean? What's going to happen to my Yero? I How dare you mess with my man! lol j/k
elphaba-thropp chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
Very nice intro. I love the way you ended the chapter. Very profound and meaningful. Keep it up!
sweet saturn chapter 2 . 1/24/2005
Yay! You're back! You so picked up one of my ideas from "Changed...!" LOL. I love you and your writing still. Really, I was just wondering if you picked up the Glinda belonging in the city thing from me or came up with it on your own. Doesn't matter either way because it's really obvious that she does. I'm so bad right now; I chose to read fanfiction over biology-which I haven't read since the start of class and am therefore very behind in my reading. It's late and rehearsal's finally over for the night; I need a break.

Ok, enough rambling and some real advice: I'd forgetten that you write in present tense, so that kind of threw me off in the beginning. However, I got the hang of it pretty quickly. The scene where Elphaba waited under the trapdoor was nicely done. Definitely tugged at the emotions. Elphaba regrets leaving Glinda behind. It seems she's almost shocked to learn the extent to which Glinda cared and now mourns for her. You have a wonderful way of doing that.

Then Elphaba's thoughts as they journey-not you're typical "Yay! We're free and can be happy for the rest of our lives!" More like, "Shit! Why'd we leave again? And why didn't I plan better?" Everything's not all peachy keen. Knowing you and your love for angst, death, and cliffhangers, I'm pretty sure about what's going to happen next. You're a terrible, terrible person for making the characters suffer like this, but a wonderful writer all the same. Keep writing, and don't disappoint me by having a happy ending. LOL.