Reviews for Rosemary For Remembrance
Ah-choo chapter 2 . 1/18/2005
Oh my! This makes me hate the Hyuuga family even more. I can't wait for them to get together.
Sailor Comet chapter 2 . 1/18/2005
You write all the Hyuugas wonderfully, and I still love this story. Hanabi and Neji interaction is wonderful; Neji's character is right on target, and though I've never seen much of Hanabi, she makes sense.

~Sam
Momo-Sama chapter 2 . 1/18/2005
Hm...Interesting...Update son!

*LUV*Momo
Bittersweet Mika chapter 2 . 1/18/2005
I am truly amazed by your ability to weave narrative. Your insights into the Hyuuga household are wonderfull. I can't wait to see what will happen.
Random person chapter 2 . 1/18/2005
I absolutely adore your characterisation of the Hyuuga household. The atmosphere is wonderfully oppressing, and you manage to add a whole layer of depth to the atmosphere with just a few sentences ("When you have eyes that can see everything, it’s surprising how much time you spend not looking." : brilliant).

Hanabi sounds like a spoiled annoying and somewhat overpowered brat (she's How strong at her age?). But then again, if you're doing it on purpose... (I read this on Livejournal as well, so from your answer to one of the comments there, it seems that you're purposely making her impossible. If that's the case, you've done a good job. :P And she's annoying in a good way: it makes the fic even more interesting).

I'm also rather intrigued by the possibly ambiguous sentiments the Hyuuga children share for each other. Hanabi, by saying that she could tell how Neji made Hinata fail a test, sounded as though she actually cared for her sister. Now Hinata's response to that though... but if Hanabi knew that Hinata would defend Neji (somewhat, but wouldn't having Neji as the one to blame for the failed test take Hinata out of more trouble than it would put her in? So I interpret that as defending her cousin), is she using the event only to blackmail her, or does she genuinely care somewhat for her sister to have been looking in the first place? What does Hanabi think (know?) Hinata's sentiments for Neji are?

Oh yes, and the last paragraph was brilliant. Short, but so to the point, and with so many implied meanings. Really, you have a beautiful style. Update! _
Aventri chapter 2 . 1/18/2005
With most people's writing here on Fanfiction, there's a certain level of sweetness that you can expect when reading the youthful fluff. I read this story and it actually hurts, just a bit, but my heart aches. (Maybe it's just cause I'm a Hyuuga freak and have strong connection with Neji's character but I digress.) By the way, this is a great and wonderful thing.

You have written the characters excellently so that the readers can form bonds effortlessly, and the story you're telling is perfect: Hinata isn't a bumbling fool as some people mistakenly write, instead she is a normal, timid girl growing up in an abnormal house. Neji is a boy twisted into hating the Main House, and rightfully so, but he's not fearless or a perfect machine as some people write.

And the lines, oh the amazing lines you write that are too numerous to mention. If you'd ever like, I could mention one by one the depth and magnitude of the sentances I thought were so important (no seriously, If you want, I can - I enjoy things like that). And the retelling of the fight between the two that ends the chapter is fantastically sparse, written just enough to get the feeling across, no more and no less.

Sorry if I'm rambling, I'm just utterly impressed by you and ashamed of myself.
Aventri chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
I saw this story last night, linked through your profile; another golden nugget about the Hyuuga family. Today I was able to read it, and I must say, I love the maturity that you display in your writing. The realistic hardships that you put on your characters takes them out of the anime and gives them a solidness that can't be found in many other stories. Your detail of the inner workings of the Hyuuga Family including their mindsets are wonderful works of art without exaggeration.
Slam Shuffle chapter 2 . 1/18/2005
Oh, Hanabi was developed wonderfully. Spoiled little brat. She scares me. ; I fear for our little Hinata. :o

Loved it! Yay for fast updates and reasons to not do classwork. W00t. :D

Still can't wait for another update. Haa. Greedy me.
cancelled1235 chapter 1 . 1/14/2005
well, it's just been too long since I've read anything new. I adored this. I love the tone of it and of course Neji's view of Hyuuga. The way you showed their families, and the difficulty in belonging to both.

Ready for the next chapter!
Bittersweet Mika chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
Wonderful, truly wonderful. Can't wait to read more.
Slam Shuffle chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
Uwah!~ That was beautiful and wonderfully poetic. I can't wait for an update. XD;
pretty cherry chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
please continue, i like this very much.

ja

pretty cherry.
cheer chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
i really liked the way you portrayed both of them..they're not out of character at all but u managed to add a certain depth to them.. i hope it's Hina/Neji, i really like the pairing..even if it isnt..this promises to be a great read ) i cant find anything bad to say bout your story or your writing skills so far..great job n PLS update asap!
Random person chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
This is a beautifully written fic. Himiko's sad explanations were quite moving, especially the parts she did not speak out, and I think she did a good job in conveying the hardships that a Hyuuga woman must endure. The dove was a nice addition as well (heh, dove, bird, caged bird, dead bird, was it on purpose?). Ths contrast between Hinata's vision of her mother's garden and the Gardener's description ("Himiko's useless plants") was nice as well, once I noticed it.

And finally, the sentence before the last was really moving. It really does a good job to show the rift between the two children and ex-friends. *sniff*

Write on!
Sailor Comet chapter 1 . 1/11/2005
My god that was good.

Hinata's nature at twelve years old certainly makes sense if she grew up in such a fearful environment. The manga gives some glimpses into the Hyuuga life, but you've fleshed it out and made it so much more hopeless.

Great writing.