Reviews for In The Orange Grove
CoralDawn chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
Absolutely lyrical piece of writing! Simply loved the entire last paragraph - I could almost imagine myself there, watching the two of them in the orchard! Please write more Alexandros/Hephaistion!
amytira chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
Wow, this was incredible, one of the best short-and-sweet fics I've read here. I loved the whole wolf analogy, and Alexander's undying optomism- so true, so innocent.

Well, I went off hoping for more of you in this realm but no... *tear* This was incredible, write more Alexander, you're great at it!
Fedia chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
Hey. I don't know if you are still interested in reviews about this story, but I just couldn't stop myself, because this is one of the best fanfiction texts I've read. I love it when Alexander loves Hephaistion this much, to the point of saying nad meaning each word, things like this, and I will quote you here: "If you were born in some far, unexplored land then I would hunt you down and not be able to sleep or eat until I found you." I'm always rereading this and in the end I always find myself lacking the right words to explain how delicious I think this piece is, even if it's short. I hope you would write some more. Of course I've seen you have stories in the HP fandom, but I don't like Harry Potter at all. Anyway, good luck, and I hope someday I see more of you in this realm.
Mariella chapter 1 . 4/5/2005
This story is beautiful! You managed to give an insight into the relationship of Alexander and Hephaistion a gentle and subtle way. Great!
Princess SimbiAni Dreamz a'Luv chapter 1 . 2/20/2005
whee, i've found it, haha... lovely work. i read it first on LJ. now it's added to my C2, hehehe... _ and, i love wolves, always have. these two'd make quite cuute ones, wouldnt they? LoL

Happy Valentine's Day!

Sincerely, ~*SimbiAni*~

Luver of all that's sappy, cute, & aww-some!

: / / anyasimbi/media. htm : / / group/simbifanfi : / / geocities simbiani/hp. htm : / / fanfiction c2/991/1/1/
chibisanzo chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
this story is superb.

the love they have for each other is evident, and yet nicely subtle, that it isn't in your face, but it's there.

a much welcomed bliss from the overly dramatized fics out there, mine included :P

i'm putting this in my favourites. thank you for sharing.
Phaelas chapter 1 . 1/15/2005
I loved this, especially the last sentence! Not (only) because of the alliteration, but simply because it speaks so simply of something that another would've described in a whole paragraph or something. It's really great as a last sentence, IMO at least.

And the rest was very cute as well, with Alexander being sure they are soulmates and that being more important than their bodies. I love philosophy myself, and it's nice to read it in a fic, and hear Alexander disagree with Aristotle. :)
Rothalion chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
I love the aliteration in your last sentence!

"Hephaistion silently accepted the segments that were offered him by his prince, who did not consider himself to great to lick away the stray drops which escaped those pursed lips." First all the 's' sounds and then the 'p' sounds nicely done. The entire work has a wonderful rhythem to it. A bii bumpy when Aristotal is speaking but that's to be expected. Once Alex. and Heph. are alone though... the whole wolf analogy is intriguing and true. Yes the would fight one another. Alexander shows his unbounded optimism by trying to convince Heph. that they could step beyond the mold of nature with the strength of their love. Nice stuff. Thanks.
Vicious Lily chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
*whimpers*

I read the summary, and prayed that it would be good.

I haven't been disappointed.