Reviews for The Secret Diary of Motoko
Perching Kite chapter 9 . 3/30/2006
i love GitS, and your fic makes me laugh out loud everyime! can't wait for more entries!

~LFK
Zurizip chapter 8 . 1/9/2006
*points to floor beside her computer*

You see that? That's me. dying.

of total and utter amusement. YOU KILLED ME, YOU HEAR?

Note to self: check on M rated fics more often.

I can't possibly tell you what i like best, because I was sniggering constantly. I did about die with Batou's little issue with the tamagochi or however you spell it...

oh that was wonderful...
Darke Angelus chapter 8 . 1/1/2006
I really wasn't taking it all this seriously at the start: Best entry: "Togusa let me drive today. Wick…er…very wonderful! We outran the police, which pissed them off. Oh well. He then took me for hotdogs. Much better than fries. He ate four, with chili and onions. I put him in the trunk for the ride home." By page five, the format radically changed and the entries became attractive mini-novels. I was honestly held rapt as each entry progressed. If it wasn't the Matrix/Morpheous angle you took that got me howling, it was the 'death' of Batou's little tamagotchi! Phenomenal imagination - This sucker is going into my "Favorites" list. Whee-o!
Anibee2481 chapter 8 . 12/19/2005
HAHAHAHA! These are great. I love spoofs on GITS...it makes them seem funnier than anythiing else in the world. _ Love making fun of Togusa...he's easy to tease...not to mention Batou and his tama! :D Very creative! Can't wait to see what you have for 2nd GIG!
Haruka-Clone chapter 8 . 11/26/2005
absolutely hilarious! you are one of the few people to catch the subtle hints of Motoko's sexuality, bless you. Anyways love the diaries hilarious stuff.
RebLaw chapter 8 . 11/9/2005
The characterizations of Motoko are more in-line with the manga version of her (she's really much more implusive in it). She's always seemed to treat Togusa more as a younger brother than as a partner in pranks or anything.

She's much more Batou's partner, work wise. Relationship-wise from most everything in the two series, she seems more than willing to fend anyone interested off with a stick- but then again, not much of her personal life is shown. She has two friends, how appeared in the manga briefly being very, uh- "friendly" with her as part of devleopment of a drug or something. She had a boyfriend in the manga near the end- it seemed like a cute but disfunctional relationship.

It's not my cup of tea, but then again, I never recovered from the let down that was "Matrix: Reloaded."
Halfpenny chapter 7 . 9/28/2005
This is… possibly the funniest thing I’ll ever read and remain living. I loved both ends of this—the flippant, completely irrelevant entries at the beginning, and then the still somewhat-whimsical entries involving The Laughing Man case. This is *genius* in how it mixes utter stupidity with unexpectedly insightful observations, never becoming overly serious or, worse, becoming so off-target in its humor that it turns off the reader. To be honest, I expected to be disappointed (I don’t usually go for these kinds of fics, and the formatting nearly turned me off) but reading further, I was drawn in by how well you handled the irrelevance, creating somehow very real events in a very unreal context. Togusa being crowned chief coffee maker (and later being nicknamed ‘Columbo’) the ‘domestic terrorism!B&E’ bit, WacDonalds, ‘wicked’ as a virus, the diving bits with Kusanagi and Batou… everything you did was as hilarious as it was thought-provoking.

I particularly want to compliment you on all of the Togusa bits. I was very fond of the way you portrayed him, and made the Major respond to his character—because machine or not, you’d have to be blind, deaf, and stupid not to... notice him, and the Major is none of the above— and while I realize this was a spoof, I found their interaction very charming. I wish it popped up more in GITS:SAC fics—they compliment each other well.

And by the way, I have to tell you, you deserve to know, I laughed so hard at entry 63 I almost peed myself. ‘I kikd his ass, but in the prcess, got my arm ripd off. good ting they hav a sapre body 4 me.’ THIS ABOUT KILLED ME, I MAY NEVER FULLY RECOVER.

I hope you write more, this fandom needs more writers like you. Hats off to you.
Shinkou Makurayami chapter 1 . 9/18/2005
That was horrible. I've seen better spoofs off of a ceral box.
Veritas in Pitus Nectarinium chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
Motoko goes Bridget Jones-too funny! She's delightfully, if spoofily, in character throughout this. I particularly appreciated one ep that I never cared for being described as Aramaki's "booty call." Also our poor heroine trying to type one-handed.
Dj scythe chapter 7 . 8/7/2005
very cute...uh um okay bye
KuroiCho chapter 6 . 7/26/2005
Haha. This made me laugh many times. Your writing style does indeed remind of what I could imagine Motoko thinking. The irony is just overflowing.
Saoirse the Irish Colleen chapter 6 . 7/13/2005
Funny as hell! This is more of the manga Kusanagi than the series, and I think you should expand on this for the 2nd Gig. Also, in the first chap you mentioned that Batou bitched about his wife and her mother as Motoko dived in the car ride, did you get mixed up with hima and Togusa since they switch partnering up w/her?
Dj scythe chapter 6 . 5/10/2005
cool some parts of were pretty deep:0 i wont say what happens in the end..your free to ask
Section-Eight chapter 6 . 5/6/2005
I'd spoil you were it not for the fact that I missed one critical episode towards the end, plus the entire first half of the series.

Thoughtful. I sort of prefered the more whimsical tone of the earlier chapters, however.
Amourwolf chapter 6 . 5/2/2005
I'm really glad that you updated this ! It's just what I need to finish packing (We're moving and this is my last day with internet )

I was laughing so hard about "Batou wanting to get a dog "

Amourwolf