Reviews for English Sweets
mandELLA chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
oh, I like this...
Idril Silmaril chapter 1 . 10/7/2005
But it was a wonderful drabble!
Legwarmer chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
awh! how beautiful! part of my c2-archive now. you rock my socks! indeed!
Sarahlou2485 chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
this is good.
Princess-J chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
Kick ass! I am so a madame giry/Erik shipper! If you are intrested in writing with me, please email me!
sbkar chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
Too too sweet...
kaput chapter 1 . 3/14/2005
That literally made me go "aww," without even thinking about it. That is just the CUTEST thing ever, and I love how it mentions so many details from the original book. If ever I was to consider Erik/Mme Giry, this is exactly how I would picture it. Bravi, brava, bravo, etc. Keep up the good work!
aeipathy chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
I love this little thing tremendously. I agree with another reviewer in that it's quite canon, but at the same time it has its own charm and beauty. It's sweet, and sad. Thank you very much, and I'll go now to see the rest of your stories.
LesMisLoony chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
Brilliant, yet so odd. Very canon, though, somehow.
Marie chapter 1 . 1/14/2005
Can't tell you how relieving it is to see a Leroux-based fic among the sudden barrage of ALW movie fics by new "phans" who JUST saw it and don't even know ERIK's name *shudder*. Normally I don't like the idea of Giry and Erik, but this is just TOO cute! Love it!
galabalesh chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
this is...odd,yes,odd...but it works really beautifully!
The Scorpion chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
Oh, finally someone's acknowledging the REAL Madame Giry! I'm so tired of all these pseudo-Girys from the musical (and now movie) where she's the mysterious-ballet-mistress-who-knows-all and not the misunderstood boxkeeper and the correct age for once!

This was very beautifully written and the kind of sweet, distanced romance you have here is so entirely believable still in the context of the original story... with Erik as the dapper gentleman and Giry as the fading primrose... I adored the apricot.

I can't imagine this particular piece having any value by being any longer, but I would love to see something like this from you as a full story... I can only imagine the delicacy it might be. :)
AMarguerite chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
Aw, how sweet! So original a pairing as well. *purrs* Favorite's listed.
Kaya DC Pandora chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
that's what I always thought- why didn't Erik fall from Mme Giry? After all, they are closer in age and it was her who rescued him.

Nice work. Very derscriptive and touching for something so short.
All Apologies chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
Aww...short but sweet! It's nice to see something a little different. Good job! :D