Reviews for The Odalisque
101Witch101 chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Poor Erik.

My eyes sort of misted over during the part where Erik is thinking of what it would be worth to ask her to kiss him.

You capture the emotion very well! Erik is such a complex and many-sided character that it is often times diffucult to read a fic and feel like it's actually Erik.

This one is one of the few that, I feel, show the true nature of Erik.

Well done!
Sammael Sin chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
She had heard of the supernatural vocal powers he possessed, of course, but rumor was nothing compared to reality. His voice, superhumanly powerful and infinitely gentle!

Oh the beautiful voice of Erik!
my-echo chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Wah! That was amazing!

I've read a couple of these types of "What if the harem girl had slept with Erik?" phics before, most of them boringly predictable and slightly sappy, but THIS was beyond refreshing.

Particularly the ending. Most writers have the little slave girl live happily ever after, whether she gets released or stays with Erik or some other such fluffy-duffy garbage, but the ending you chose was depressingly wonderful; it stayed true to canon, for one thing, and by doing so, it broke the mold as far as these phics usually go. For that, I applaud you.

I also must applaud you for the complete lack of Best!Lover!Ever!Erik. I'm so tired of seeing that in stories, especially when it's supposed to be his first time. THANK YOU for doing a realistically short (and relatively painful, on her part) sex scene. It may not satisfy the steam-mongers, but it sure satisfies reality-mongers like moi.

Fond regards,

Echo
HughloverX chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
Wow. Loved it. So sad at the end but good way to tie up all the loose ends. Kudos.
MJ MOD chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
It's sad. The poor girl was condemned. Whatever Erik or she did, the Khanum would have had her killed. That monstrous woman is insanely jealous. She wants Erik but she can't have him. She'd do anything to destroy him in any way she can. It's horrible.
Nightrosewander chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
I'm glad a read it but i have to inform you i will never read it again!
LovetheScottishAngel chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
Amazing. Great job.

- LtSA (LovetheScottishAngel)
MC EmGeeBee chapter 1 . 9/17/2005
Wow. This is one of the best-written things I think I've ever seen on ties in perfectly with the story...and I love that you're elaborating from Susan Kay's novel- I've had so many ideas derived from it myself ever since I read it! This was a great idea and wonderfully written...and there's so much more to it than just the girl; it's so sad! Erik, Erik... well, I loved this. :)
meeka chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
OMIGOSH! i love this story! please update even though it seems you havent in a awhile! POOR ERIK! sigh im getting worked up. im too passionate about fanfiction hehe
Pickledishkiller chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
That sucks. It was so well written, I really loved it.

But I really want to clout Erik, the khanum, and the girl very hard on the head.
Lonely Loony chapter 1 . 6/13/2005
So sad! Really well written! Congratulations! _ I really enjoyed it! _ I'm almost crying ;_;

All he wanted was a kiss that even his mother denyed him ( So unfair!
EverspringNative chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
This was SO WELL WRITTEN and so unbelievably heart breaking. I wasn't sure what to expect when I started the story but it was amazing. You have done a great job with this story.

I loved and hated the ending! Oh the conflict! Oh poor unhappy Erik. :(

I wish I could leave a longer review but I think I've said all I can think of: you are a really good writer. You should be very proud of your talents. You turn a phrase well. I will be thinking of this story for the rest of the day and weeping miserably. Really, that's a compliment to have a story stick with the reader.
Katu-Bunny chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
Wow. This is...absolutely lovely! I had it referred to be because I'd written something similar...but yours is infinitely more canon and about twelve times more arousing. I bow to you! XD
AngelOfMusic387 chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
Oh, please continue the story! The poor girl, being tortured for what she did right and for Erik being a gentleman. He should free her and teach her what it is like to be an equal. And she can give him his long awaited kiss. I'm such a romantic. Ah well, just write another chapter soon, please!
babymene17 chapter 1 . 4/22/2005
Aw...poor Erik...all he wants is a kissy poo...this was really good!