Reviews for Adventure of a Student
Brukaoru chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
This is an interesting style of writing.

Right now I feel the same as Kaoru does at the beginning. I have a partial scholarship and my parents are paying for the rest of my tuition plus living costs. I need to learn Mandarin Chinese but lately I've been procrastinating a lot (not counting the past few days I've been sick). My progress is abysmal and I only have myself to blame. But this story sort of gives me hope that maybe I can find the motivation I need.

So thank you for writing this and giving me someone I can relate to.
isildur'sbane123 chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
I've been reading all of your work and I' really intrigued by the way your style improves so drastically from one story to another. This story didn't seem to fit with your style, but when you mentioned Calvino, everything made sense. What have you read by him? How did you learn to write with his style? I really enjoyed his "Baron in the Trees". Do you have any suggestions for other Calvino books? Your writing, especially in your RK universes, is intriguing and, in some instances, fascinating. Plaease, please, please write more soon!
piwqefjk chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
It's an interesting style, but it works for this. I love the way she procrastinates about seeing Saitou xD
Saiya Winters chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
i liked it! very interesting style of writing. u sound like a true writer!

Michelle
Clueless Girl chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
hey, this is nice, a typical-university-student it alot! keep up the good work!:D
M.S.K chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
Cute, but I personnally prefer a little fluff...
KenshinObsessed chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
that was cool. i liked how you did kenshin and kaoru. and people can relate to that story. lol.
crasyducky chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
wow. that was incrediably descriptive and well written. I liked it, even if its not really starting a plot. Keep up with the good work, :D
en route chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
oh! i loved it, but i really don't see the humor... except for the repitition of her thoughts. ah well, i already love the style. update soon!
De Lazy Lime chapter 1 . 1/15/2005
Aloha!

I always love your Rurouni Kenshin fiction and this one falls right on par with the others.

Infact I can relate very well to this short story. I'm a Freshmen this year. In a University where English is in general a second language for most and the people know English only know about half of whats necesary to carry on conversation.

It makes it difficult for me to communicate with others sometimes. This results in me being alone, so I tend to study alot more often. Since I study alot I'm getting used to good grades and that causes a feeling where I have to put on smart airs. Others expect me to know the answers cause I study, cause I read the material required, cause I type up my notes. Though frequently, I get worried I won't make it sometimes. And this semester I am going to have to face the dread walk to the Professor's Office. However, this story does help to calm my nerves, maybe it won't be as bad as I think.

I always look forward to seeing more RK fanfiction from ya! I hope this semester treats you nicely!

~De Lazy Lime