Reviews for The Case of the Missing Detective
Loved it so much! I know it’s been a while since you’ve updated this, but I’ll definitely be keeping my eyes open for an update in the future! Don’t give up!
Enderheart5911 chapter 11 . 6/25
This is absolutely wonderful. I sincerely hope you finish it someday.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/20
It meant so much to me that you tied Numabuchi into the plot line. I’ve barely been able to find any fanworks involving him online even by thorough google searches and browsing Detective Conan forums. Most of those were in Indonesian or involving getting him killed, by the way.
I especially appreciated how you made the main antagonist his (presumably older) brother. The little flashbacks we get imply that Souichiro (sorry if that’s not spelled quite right!) isn’t a jerk through and through, but it’s obvious that even back before his revenge plot, he was at least somewhat ruthless. Also, totally loved how you described his appearance. It seems they’d look pretty similar except for the hair. That scene with the apron was definitely A.

However, I also want to compliment your writing style and the plot line. You don’t stay on one person’s viewpoint until it gets tedious. Whenever a character gets tricked, the surrounding circumstances make it plausible (like Ran at the hospital- it might seem to be obvious to the reader, but would any normal person be that much more cautious, especially if they didn’t already suspect anything?). The plot itself is interesting, involving many characters and integrating them in ways that aren’t painfully contrived.
For example, I’m not really a fan of either Vermouth or Kaito Kid (admittedly partly because they’re already so popular- I don’t hate them), but their roles in the story FIT, and are both “realistic” and likable for who they are. That is way more than one could expect from many fanfic writers.
Mainly, I was stoked to see Conan’s situation unfold. More specifically, I was excited to see more of the Numabuchi bros. It was weird that you never mentioned whether Ki’ichiro is still supposed to be alive, which got my hopes up into the stratosphere because he’s even less “famous” than the two crazy Black Org snipers. But maybe his being executed already obviously explains WHY your story’s plot kicked off in the first place... It’s so petty of me, but you had me zooming through each chapter in order to scout for more. The rest of the plot was also compelling enough to keep track of.

I read your profile, and I saw the big list of medical conditions you’re facing. I really appreciate how much effort you put into your story. I am DYING to see more of what happens, especially what’s up with the Apotoxin testing. But that’s the mark of a good story- I also read that you take huge hiatuses and don’t abandon stories. I’m dying, dying, dying for more, but thank you so much for what you’ve already written! My own fantasies of what your story could lead to are already flying around in my head.

So, to wrap up, my review wasn’t that eloquent or even much more than squealing over a particularly unpopular DC character, but MAN, your story started to scratch that itch... AND the entire thing was very competent and entertaining. Even the Detective Boys (from what I’ve seen, fan consensus is that they’re really annoying) did something useful and fit naturally into the plot.
sometimesimakebadchoices chapter 11 . 3/6
Heyo! So, I know that this one hasn't been touched in a long time, and that's totally cool, life is life. I just wanted to let you know that I totally do love it! It's written incredibly well, and this is probably the fourth time I've come back to read what has been written. XD Anyways, just thought you should know. Hope everything's going okay for you. (Love Cerviataur Blues too btw)
snowmountain chapter 11 . 2/6
Just found this haha.
I'm not sure if I want to read sth that isnt updated for um.. 4 years? but then when I gave it a try it really impress me. Then I saw this fict is published in 2001, last updated 2014, and still in chapter 11! Haha Ive got hopes!

I'm waiting, Krista-sama~~~
Revolver OtaconAj chapter 1 . 12/28/2017
Oh my what a marvelous start! This is seriously one of the best written DC fics and best written fics period. It sucks about the crap you went through. I can relate with Depression and mental illness. Hope you update soon! Stories like yours give me the inspiration to do better and be more creative as your text stimulates my imagination like GRRM
DLFangrill chapter 11 . 12/20/2017
F*ck. f*ckf*ckf*ck. holy sheit. HOW COULD YOU END THIS AS A CLIFFHANGER!? NOOOOOOOOO!
This is written so beautifully, the plot is so interesting, I really liked watching (reading, wateves) how all the allies conan-shinichi-made teaming up together for him. XDD pls tell me if it’s on hiatus or dropped, cuz it’s jits getting good. :p
Guest chapter 11 . 12/17/2017
PLEASE CONTINUE THIS STORY it is one of the best Detective Conan stories, and it was left on a cliffhanger so PLEASE.
Red Moon Lollipop chapter 11 . 12/9/2017
Ohhhhhhhhh my gosh I'm hooked
Bananarock509 chapter 11 . 10/25/2017
My spine is crawling for Shinichi. And every time I think about Vermouth finding him first I see this seen where Hana looks away for a second only to turn around and see Vermouth curled around Shinichi doing a great impression of “my precious” from lord of the rings, but she instead is caressing his hair and going “Silver Bullet-kun”.
Fan chapter 11 . 10/22/2017
Please make more.
Ryoji Mochizuki chapter 11 . 10/15/2017
huh
chococonnie chapter 5 . 8/21/2017
I truly thank you for taking out the sea of japan. It means a lot to koreans.
Lionwoman95 chapter 11 . 8/1/2017
Hi!
I just discovered your story by coincidence in a DeviantArt comment yesterday.
It's the second fanfic I've read about Detective Conan/Case Closed, but it's really well written, well plotet (despite the current manga plot conflicts) and well developed in Conan's universe.
It has a really quite dark tone and real medicine facts which makes it more interesting.
I'm sorry you fell sick, and I hope you can continue this story.
KittyCatKate chapter 11 . 7/30/2017
Please, please update this again. It was such a good story and sucked me right in. I was always wondering what would happen next. Until then!