Reviews for She Sees Harry Potter in her Dreams
slayer99 chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
well... not to sure what to think about that.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
A lovely AU, sad and poignant and elegiac and oddly uplifting. Reading it feels rather like the story version of Stunners in the chest followed by the calm and peace of Albus's magic: lines that make it hard to breathe are followed by soothing ones. The best part is that, after all is said and done, MM doesn't seem unhappy. (And I like the fact that your AU Harry is much kinder than in canon.)

I have a few grammar nitpicks (she should "lie" on her bed rather than "lay," for instance, and there's a dearth of commas), but I can look past these.

Line I like: “It sounds awful,” she says, touching his face with her hand, his beard soft. “I accept.”
LisaT chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
I think 'haunting' is a good word for this story. I know it's not pure canon, but in this ... that doesn't matter. You have a nice style, and I like your depiction of character interactions.

Nitpick: in dialogue, you're using a full stop where it should be a comma. EG,

“Well, come work for me.” she says and he thinks about it for less then a second before he agrees.

It should be:

“Well, come work for me,” she says and he thinks about it for less then a second before he agrees.

If a line of dialogue ends in 'she says/said etc' then the actual dialogue itself should be considered as part of the whole sentence. I'm explaining very badly, but go and take a look at any published book and you'll see what I mean. The mistake you've made here is a VERY common (and understandable) one and I see it a lot in fanfic. That's really the only thing I'd change in this. Well done!
MadgeM chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
This is lovely.

You have a nice light hand with the drama of it.
Laureen Lycan chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
Absolutely wonderful. I loved this.
Joltz chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
This story was wonderful. It wasn't so much depressing as it was haunting, and it leaves readers with the feeling that in the end everything is as it should be. Continuity isn't always the most important thing, and Fenwick would have done well to read past the second paragraph, methinks. Your style is lovely.
Amanda Rose chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
Oh my goodness...that was amazing. sad at points, but amazaing none the less. I honestly don't know what else to say about it.

~Amanda Rose~
cruisedirector chapter 1 . 2/3/2005
So I'm very belatedly reviewing this here because no one ever reviews anything of mine at and it's depressing. *g* There are a lot of things I love abuot this...McGonagall haunted, Snape as a restrainted but totally reasonable person, Harry writing back. (And Harry assuming he'd get the DADA position, heh.) It's sad but fitting.
Charli Fenwick chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
I really don't enjoy stories than go way out of canon. I was truly uninterested after the second paragraph. I've got a fic on the back burner about Minerva and Harry having some connection, but I'm sorry I didn't like the whole Albus and Minerva close in age thing! Have you visited the HP lexicon? Anyroad, good luck in the future writing fics.
Morgana-Alex chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
Wow is all I can say I know that is not very articulate but it fits. This story has a power I can even discribe. i can feel every word of Minerva's feelings. The anguish, heartache, fear, love and finally ho[e.

The line 'well you didn't' was heartbreaking. Thank-you for writting and for sharing. MA
mugglemin chapter 1 . 1/15/2005
I'm not sure what to say about this. I really enjoyed it, even though it made me a bit miserable...it was certainly different! And I like your style. I can't quite put my finger on what it was about it that I like...lets see some more from you.