Reviews for In the Rain
Yuu3 chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Nice. Bitter. Sad. But nice. Like it.
BlackLioness chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Oh, I liked this story! You write a very good Mustang, you know?
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
Oh...very interesting. I love that scene, digging into it as a very interesting look into their relationship. I find this "Comfort" scene if you could call it very interesting and I love how you dug into Roy's brain to find out what he was thinking. Great job...very good story! And the last line is very interesting, filled with that self-loathing that I think Mustang feels for himself. Great job!
Back of Beyond chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
roy hates himself! aw thats so sad! good little story :P
Dustwind chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
Hmm. Good character insight into why Roy acts like he does. I like the whole idea of Roy actually being protective in an antagonistic way rather than just being a jerk for the heck of it. They're relationship is really hard to define, and I think you put it in a nice light.

L. C. Webbs chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
another good story!
Genkai-chan chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
MORE!I love this ifc, write MORE!
tigerofthewind chapter 1 . 1/23/2005
*trips over the angst* Ow.

Not bad.
Henrika chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
Interesting look into that scene. Good insight on Roy's character. Keep writing!
Heika chapter 1 . 1/15/2005
Very decent reasoning behind Roy's actions: I personally don't agree with it, but I can see the reasoning behind it. ("He does not know how to put something back together with soft words and sympathy" describes Mustang fairly well.)

The biggest complaint that I have is the ending. Roy never really hates himself (he loathes what he becomes, perhaps, but never hates himself,) and so the last line really doesn't make sense. Perhaps it would have been best to change it to "It was better that way. Hatred could be channeled, controlled, and used to burn away anything that stood in the way. Grief could only burn the heart"? Ah... not too good at the sentimental closing, my apologies for that.

But despite that, I still enjoyed reading the story (short as it was,) and I hope that you'll continue writing. You've got a different take on Roy than me, but that's part of what makes fanfiction so much fun, eh?
Bard Linn chapter 1 . 1/15/2005
Oh, I like this point of view. Roy/Ed interaction intregues me no matter the context. I think you got the characterization just right too.