Reviews for Man on the Bench
Falseface chapter 4 . 12/16/2012
This story is getting better and better.
Ooh, I'm anticipating how everything will play out. :)
Falseface chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
The man put out his hand to shake, a distinguished looking man in a good suit, stern looking but smiling now and with Master Dick's blue eyes. Happy, that's what Alfred saw, the two of them were so happy.

"My gracious, this is an honor, sir."

Um, you may have repeated this phrase here, twice at least.
blue4pup chapter 10 . 7/22/2012
This was a great read. I liked your take on Dick's backstory and how you added a new level to the reason his parents died. Also, I was really happy to see Bruce going out of his way to protect Dick, while putting everything in terms of how it impacts the the boy. I also like how you really got into the detective side of Batman, and how complex his relationship is with Dick. Brilliantly done!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I might just have to check out more of your writing, if this is any hint of the rest. ;)
AllBlueChaser chapter 10 . 8/17/2011
You know I've gotten in the habit of trying to brace myself when I read your fics for emotional upheaval. For a moment I suspected Gramps of abuse and maybe even being Richards real father. Then I thought maybe he'd assassinate Bruce. I was really happy how everything happened and how dick had figured out most of it. A great fic and great balance!
Princess613 chapter 6 . 12/23/2009
Good save with Oracle.
Princess613 chapter 5 . 12/23/2009
Barbra? As in Gordon? As in the (then) current Batgirl?
BurnishTomatoes chapter 10 . 12/21/2008
Optimist? Psh...
BurnishTomatoes chapter 8 . 12/21/2008
You were right, I do hate him even more now. Did you notice Alfred's scary. Seriously, Batman could beat you to a pulp, and so could Robin, but Alfred can always give you that glare, that so few people can do, and that could probably make the Joker cry, my Mom can do that, too, ugh. And she's four foot nine, that's an accomplishment. Maybe one day she'll teach me. Still creepy.

~With much incoherent ramblings, Purple
BurnishTomatoes chapter 3 . 12/18/2008
Still hate his Gramps
BurnishTomatoes chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Urgh, why do people have problems with circus people. I mean, I get how the Joker (i.e. Red Hood) would trash their rep, but family's family, un less your in the Mafia, then family's that guy with the gun and the can ole, saying 'kiss the pinky,'or 'say hello to my little friend,' I'm in a rambley mood to day, sorry.

-Adios PurpleWabbit
jonoave chapter 10 . 10/22/2006
Brilliant fic. This has got to be one of your rarer fics where Dick actually had some good fun in his life, and the ending was quite alright. As in Dick wasn't too horribly scarred or traumatized. As usual, you kept most of the characterisation well. Great story.
Moma bear Emma Swan chapter 10 . 6/28/2005
Bravo good ending!
Moma bear Emma Swan chapter 9 . 6/28/2005
poor Dick His Grandpa may have been scum but He didn't know that .He was Just his long lost Grandpa to him
Moma bear Emma Swan chapter 8 . 6/27/2005
things are Getting Nasty!
Moma bear Emma Swan chapter 6 . 6/27/2005