Reviews for Clearing Skies
Miranda Crystal-Bearer chapter 3 . 10/8/2005
Uh-oh, trouble in paradise. *Laughs* Sano attracts trouble almost as bad as Kenshin does. Very amusing, very interesting. I look forward to the next chapter.
Zoleth chapter 3 . 9/13/2005
Great story thus far. Yeah, there are very few fics with good Sano/Kenji interaction. And with Yahiko added, it's wonderful. Keep it up. :)
Shauntell chapter 3 . 8/26/2005
WOW! This was good! I'm dying to read more! I want to know what Kenji's problem is and see him start to get a life! And more Kenshin too! Kenji's gotta understand certain things and such. But he's gotta get along with is dad and get over himself. Ya know?

Either way, loved the latest chapter. PLEASE UPDATE SOON! VERY SOON!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 3 . 8/18/2005
Wow, I'm really liking this story! Sano is just so typically Sano from his clothing to his thought processes (I had to grin when he ordered more food at Akabeko even though he didn't have enough to cover what he'd already eaten).

Kenji's character is quite the little cipher. Why is he so all fired up about the mitsurugi style? Is it typical teenaged hormones or something else? I'm sure his little jaunt to Kyoto will help explain things, if he'll ever open up about it.

You're killing off Hiko? Ack! I thought the man was well-nigh indestructable, but I guess old age gets us all in the end. At least Kenshin and Kaoru are with him. Kaoru seems to have matured nicely too. Very good job with the characters!
De Lazy Lime chapter 3 . 8/3/2005
YAY! another chappy! Wahho! I'm soo happy! So it seems Kenji has all the wrong personality traits of his parents and they seem to be unrolling on him poor Kenji _;

Looking forward to the next installment!

Blue Wallpaper chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
Wow, it's weird to see Sanosuke all moody and serious...but it's really great so far! And what more spoilers are you talking about? As of now (where I live), the manga from VIZ is only just beginning the Sojiro battles.
Hidari chapter 3 . 8/1/2005
Ah, cliffie! I can't wait for more Kenji fighting! Thanks for updating, this is really a very good story.
Blue Wallpaper chapter 3 . 8/1/2005
Really great story you got yourself here. Until reading the end notes, I would never have guessed you're as old as you are! (Sorry, didn't mean to make that sound the way it did). I'm only fifteen myself. Anyway, what kind of teacher are you? And (going back to the story) when will Megumi make an appearance? (I mean, the doctor Akira was sent to was her, right?) Will she and Sano get together, or after seventeen years is there someone else in her life? Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait until next chapter, right?
kie-san chapter 3 . 7/31/2005
Geez, Akira just came up and I already hate him! Still, I do feel a little itsy bitsy bad for him. Ahh, so Kenji has also inherited his father's temper! He's really like a mini-Ken-san, isn't he? Except perhaps with more of Kaoru's impulsive nature. Ha, I like him, as immature as he may be for wanting to learn Hiten Mitsurugi. I can't wait until Kenshin and Kaoru come back. I'm hoping it'll be a great heart felt welcome! (as corny as that may sound, I do!). Update as soon as you can, it's okay if you take a while.
lolClaidi chapter 3 . 7/31/2005
wow! loved this chapter! man, that akari kid does sound like someone one would really want to strangle! sheesh! you're a teacher? neat. aha. well, i wonder who those thugs are that are after kenshin! wow...people still wanting to defeat battousai after how many years...? ahaha. well, even though it took you 4 months to get this out, it was worth it! b/c this was a fab chapter! and can't wait till this next installment! update soon!

lolo popoki chapter 3 . 7/31/2005
Excellent job with this chapter... your characterizations are wonderfully done, and so believable! I just can't wait to see what's next!
Conspirator chapter 2 . 7/31/2005
Ok, this is really for Chapter 3, but I already sent one review for that chapter.

It just occurred to me that within this story, we find Kenshin in Hiko's shoes dealing with Kenji in the very young Kenshin's shoes (having to deny the teenager's deepest desire, knowing the kid will go off anyway), Yahiko in the older Kenshin's shoes dealing with Kenji in the younger Yahiko's shoes (the voice of reason having to deal with a brash kid), and Sano in the older Kenshin's shoes dealing with Yahiko in the younger Sano's shoes (don't tell me he doesn't see some of himself in Yahiko's attitude). My gosh, what a fine layering of roles you've done!
skenshingumi chapter 3 . 7/31/2005
It is always a delight to read your work. The characterizations are terrific. You launch off from the structure of the manga and give us a wonderful peek into the characters and the natural progression of their development. I love how Yahiko and Sano have matured and yet retained so much of the essence of the original characters. Kenji is wonderful, a bit Battousai, a bit of Kaoru and bit just a lost teenager. I hope the updates will be more frequent but it seems petty to complain when the writing is so good.
conspirator chapter 3 . 7/31/2005
Whatever you had to go through to write these characters in such a forceful, believable way was worth eveything. What a great chapter! Kenji's frustration and anger literally crackle throughout, as do Yahiko's own frustration and anger. Your take on the grown-up Yahiko is just marvelous (obviously the result of too much personal knowledge, right?), and your characterization of the more mature Sano-wonderful! Geez, can it get any better?
Nekotsuki chapter 3 . 7/31/2005
One for the review count! :D You already know how much I love this chapter, so let me just reiterate for posterity: your writing is very fluid and all your conversations seem very natural. And yes, I loved that fight scene with Sano. _ You managed to get his laid back, "Oh, for chrissakes" sort of attitude in nicely, not to mention show the subtle differences in his more mature years. So glad you finally got to post! And I look forward to more, but you already knew that, right?
208 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »