Reviews for Clearing Skies
Hidari chapter 3 . 8/1/2005
Ah, cliffie! I can't wait for more Kenji fighting! Thanks for updating, this is really a very good story.
Blue Wallpaper chapter 3 . 8/1/2005
Really great story you got yourself here. Until reading the end notes, I would never have guessed you're as old as you are! (Sorry, didn't mean to make that sound the way it did). I'm only fifteen myself. Anyway, what kind of teacher are you? And (going back to the story) when will Megumi make an appearance? (I mean, the doctor Akira was sent to was her, right?) Will she and Sano get together, or after seventeen years is there someone else in her life? Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait until next chapter, right?
kie-san chapter 3 . 7/31/2005
Geez, Akira just came up and I already hate him! Still, I do feel a little itsy bitsy bad for him. Ahh, so Kenji has also inherited his father's temper! He's really like a mini-Ken-san, isn't he? Except perhaps with more of Kaoru's impulsive nature. Ha, I like him, as immature as he may be for wanting to learn Hiten Mitsurugi. I can't wait until Kenshin and Kaoru come back. I'm hoping it'll be a great heart felt welcome! (as corny as that may sound, I do!). Update as soon as you can, it's okay if you take a while.
lolClaidi chapter 3 . 7/31/2005
wow! loved this chapter! man, that akari kid does sound like someone one would really want to strangle! sheesh! you're a teacher? neat. aha. well, i wonder who those thugs are that are after kenshin! wow...people still wanting to defeat battousai after how many years...? ahaha. well, even though it took you 4 months to get this out, it was worth it! b/c this was a fab chapter! and can't wait till this next installment! update soon!

-meeh
lolo popoki chapter 3 . 7/31/2005
Excellent job with this chapter... your characterizations are wonderfully done, and so believable! I just can't wait to see what's next!
Conspirator chapter 2 . 7/31/2005
Ok, this is really for Chapter 3, but I already sent one review for that chapter.

It just occurred to me that within this story, we find Kenshin in Hiko's shoes dealing with Kenji in the very young Kenshin's shoes (having to deny the teenager's deepest desire, knowing the kid will go off anyway), Yahiko in the older Kenshin's shoes dealing with Kenji in the younger Yahiko's shoes (the voice of reason having to deal with a brash kid), and Sano in the older Kenshin's shoes dealing with Yahiko in the younger Sano's shoes (don't tell me he doesn't see some of himself in Yahiko's attitude). My gosh, what a fine layering of roles you've done!
skenshingumi chapter 3 . 7/31/2005
It is always a delight to read your work. The characterizations are terrific. You launch off from the structure of the manga and give us a wonderful peek into the characters and the natural progression of their development. I love how Yahiko and Sano have matured and yet retained so much of the essence of the original characters. Kenji is wonderful, a bit Battousai, a bit of Kaoru and bit just a lost teenager. I hope the updates will be more frequent but it seems petty to complain when the writing is so good.
conspirator chapter 3 . 7/31/2005
Whatever you had to go through to write these characters in such a forceful, believable way was worth eveything. What a great chapter! Kenji's frustration and anger literally crackle throughout, as do Yahiko's own frustration and anger. Your take on the grown-up Yahiko is just marvelous (obviously the result of too much personal knowledge, right?), and your characterization of the more mature Sano-wonderful! Geez, can it get any better?
Nekotsuki chapter 3 . 7/31/2005
One for the review count! :D You already know how much I love this chapter, so let me just reiterate for posterity: your writing is very fluid and all your conversations seem very natural. And yes, I loved that fight scene with Sano. _ You managed to get his laid back, "Oh, for chrissakes" sort of attitude in nicely, not to mention show the subtle differences in his more mature years. So glad you finally got to post! And I look forward to more, but you already knew that, right?
not saying chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
you know i have seen your sa in a lot of sites but i never had the guts cause i did not know who your some one was to read it but then i just had to see what the fuss was all about and i am so glad i did it realy rocks better finish fast cause i want to read more
Miranda Crystal-Bearer chapter 2 . 6/21/2005
*Laughs* Sano the hobo...! Sorry, it was the railroad tracks that did me in. I think your portrayal of Kenji is clever. I imagine he would have quite the temper. After all, you know what they say about red-heads.

Neat story, interesting idea. Pray do continue.
Elle Chant chapter 2 . 6/8/2005
I don't normally give reviews but when I read your story, it had great potential. Even better than the 10 reviewed stories I had so frustratedly sorted in this site. I really hope that you would update soon. Your writing style is clean and well cut. there are no redundant sentences or information flowing around and for once, its not cheesy. I'd like to know what happens next. keep up the good work
Emiri-chan the GREAT chapter 2 . 5/20/2005
WOW! HI THERE!

Long time no see! I just wanted to let you know, I figured it was important...

I'M FINALLY GOING TO JAPAN! I got the US-Japan Senate Youth Exchange scholarship and I'm going for six to seven weeks this summer! (It's a cultural exchange program, fifty kids, one from each of the United States goes. I got the one for Georgia. WAH!)

I was wondering if you could recommend anything to me, things that are cool to look for, things I should avoid, things the Japanese like... Anything's helpful.

See you soon! I plan to write RK fiction in Kyoto if I can. Aw MAN that'd be cool...

Ta!

Em
Al chapter 2 . 5/15/2005
Oh my! This sure is fun I must say that I'm fully immersed in your story. Kenji's characterization, all of the little mysterious undertones... I can't wait to see what happens next(oh, and my yummy Kenshin's appearance).

Please continue!
Ryla chapter 2 . 4/27/2005
Still here:) Good job, looking forwards to the next one!
202 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »