Reviews for Clearing Skies
Haki chapter 1 . 1/19/2005
I realy liked the story...I have always wondered what was up with Sano after he left Japan...so I hope you keep writing.

By the way, I love what you did with Kenji...that personality really suits him U_U

So...update soon!
moeru himura chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
wow! my fav author's back! i'm glad that you thought of Sano coming back to Japan. Sano leaving was the saddest part in the manga's ending. And Kenji, he's grown old. i want to see how you would look at Kenji's perception about his dad. im so looking forward to upcoming chapters.
SkyChild chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
Yaho

Calger-sama is back _

Almost hadn't thought I'd ever hear of you *jumps around with glee* Glad that you haven't forgotten your poor readers hungering for some more of your awesome writings! The first half of chappie one already had me captured completely, I almost felt as tense as Sano who didn't know what he might find _

Kenji, YAhiko and Sano, a truly interesting group have you chosen to portrait here... and I'm looking forward to it!

I'll certainly keep reading... so keep writing, will you?

lexa
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
Great start to what looks to be an interesting and entertaining story (going by this and your other works). I agree that Kenji should not be the semi-psychotic that he is sometimes portrayed as. Looking forward to more.
supernaturalove chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
Sano's right, this is going to be so much fun! I'm so excited about this story. It's been awhile since i've been pysched over fafnfiction. Personally, I'm happy that k/k won't appear until the near end. It's fun to talk about legends from a distance. hope you update soon.
De Lazy Lime chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
HI!

Wow! I am so happy you are back from Japan! I love your fanfiction and your taste in fanfiction is superb.

When I first started reading Rurouni Kenshin Fanfiction it was your fanfiction and list of favorites that I started reading. And now to see you writing more is like a dream come true! Such a gift you have!

Kenji is flexable character. Since we have no definite profile for him he can go either way. While I can see where alot people get the idea of how he acts. I have questions. I watched Seishouhen and it makes me sad to think that Kenji would hate his father. I know Watsuki-sama said that Kenji was very troublesome and I suppose with a family like his that is correct.

So far I like your characterization of Kenji. I'm positive he would be just as brash as he was with his split decision to attack Sano. Still Kenshin and Kaoru have to know how wild their son is, unless they have some how been affected by "My son can do no wrong". Which I believe Kaoru was showing signs of in the end of the Manga. Why did they leave him alone? Maybe Yahiko is his "care taker"-"baby sitter". Not that I think Yahiko is staying at the dojo just maybe he stops to check on him? Perhaps that is why Kenji has work to do. His parents left him with something to keep occupied with.

Sano asked for food and a drink. Me thinks he might regret that. Often I have seen that he inherited his Mothers cooking skills. Is that true for you as well?

I know you said that Kenshin and Kaoru won't be in til the last bit of the story which saddens me abit because I'm curious to see how Kenshin-Kenji interaction. A rare thing indeed is Sano-Kenji interaction...infact I don't think I've seen it anywhere. The Kenshin and son relationship makes me curious because there aren't many stories where Kenshin has lived long enought to see his son grow up. Like I said I saw Seishouhen and wow is that depressing. The whole shakespearian tradgedy always rubs me the wrong way.

Anyway, This is already a good story. I understand the pressure of school and how time consumming it is. I look forward to and will definitly wait for more.

Your fan

De Lazy Lime
kie-san chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
Now that I think about it, that's really probably how I'd think Kenji would come out as. Pretty funny, too. I love Sanosuke! I can't beleive you managed to keep him in character so well! It's awesome! That's an interesting way to meet your best friend's son, isn't it? I'm just glad you didn't kill off Kenshin or Kaoru or anything (I've read other fics where that happens, it's so sad). I think it would've totally burned out Sano for a while. All in all, really well done first chapter and extremely well written (I envy you). I hope you update soon! (and I don't mind long author's notes, as long as you don't ramble, not that it matters what I think...lol).
L'Arya Shadeslayer chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
That's great. i can't wait for the next chapter
gabyhyatt chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
good fic
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
Oh, this sounds like it's going to be another wonderful story! I'm really glad to see that you're writing again; I love your fics and I really enjoy your writing style. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you plan with this one.
conspirator chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
Oh happy day, Calger-san is back! And in fine form too, I must say. If this chapter is any indication, we're in for a fun ride. Cocky Sano and an even cockier teenaged Kenji-what a great combination! Can't wait to see what Yahiko is like (talk about cocky)...
Nekotsuki chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
Well, your fic finally showed up online somewhere between four to six hours later ... But it's here! Just a recommendation with formatting: the QuickEdit system will take out all suspicious symbols like the asterisk, so if you write something like *grins* It'll probably end up looking odd.

The official review bit: I feel a bit silly doing this, seeing as you already know exactly what I think of it, but just so I can leave a review for posterity's sake. Your writing is (as always) very fluid, and you have some masterful storyteller's skills going there. The ambush from the rooftop was awfully nifty, and I already like how these two are uh ... 'getting on' ... Something I kept forgetting to ask, but you'll have to give me a definition on what exactly 'Irrashaimase' means ... I assume it means something like 'welcome' but I'm not sure.

(Yeah, I know, this is kinda redundant... but I wanted to add my opinion to your official review count. Sorry. _)
207 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14