Reviews for Clearing Skies
Falln4DarkAngel chapter 8 . 2/25/2008
I can totally imagine this being a new RK series, except now its Kenji's story. Thank you for redeeming him. I thought he was a righ little prick most of the time in the OVAs (Samurai X Reflection I think it was called). I just love how you executed the entire story, its so like Sano to randomly go back to the dojo and stir up trouble (accidentally) everybody was very in character and the Kyoto incident made me want to cry.

Kenji did a good job impersonating his father. Seems like he's starting to learn of the world Kenshin lived in. Anyway I just tuned in to your fic and its amazing. I cant stop reading even though its like 12 am Keep up the good work.
xZig-zagx chapter 8 . 2/18/2008
Well I don't care how it starts or who it ends with. You're chapters are just amazing no matter how you put them together. I really liked this chapter with Kenji trying to plan things out and thinking like his father, but I also like how you don't make it easy on him. He's isn't automatically good just because his father is. I've never really like stories like that, just too simple and explaination.

Sorry it took me so long to get caught up. *kicks uni work* I look forward to the next update!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 8 . 2/16/2008
Interesting to see how Kenji reacted to being literally put in his father's place and having to talk and act like Kenshin.

Bringing in Taro as a hostage served well to tie Kenji's hands and force him to wait for rescue, which makes Sano and Yahiko's roles all the more vital.

Loved that you kept Tsubame's distinctive voice and haircut and gave her and Yahiko two kids. The apartment scene where Yahiko woke her was charmingly domestic.
WildfireDreams chapter 8 . 2/5/2008
Very nice! Please write more soon.
TheTwilightRurouni chapter 8 . 2/2/2008
Woo! Go Sano and his shady connections! Too bad it's almost over, but it will be nice to get a conclusion to this whole mess. I was wondering though, wouldn't Yahiko be quite used to the seedier parts of town due to his childhood? Anyway, nice chapter, update whenever.

Twilight Rurouni
Mir chapter 8 . 1/27/2008
Nice-I was glad to discover that you'd picked this story up again. I'd forgotten how much I'd enjoyed reading the earlier chapters. In this one, I particularly like how-despite all the ways he's grown-Yahiko still somehow seems young, unsure, awkward next to Sano. Both have matured of course, but some things never seem to change.
Adelaide MacGregor chapter 8 . 1/27/2008
Another good job, good luck!
TrisakAminawn chapter 8 . 1/27/2008
Heh, it's been going for more than three years...and boy, have you improved. Huzzah! Not that you weren't decent to begin with, of course. Kenji's Kenshin impersonation was pretty good, and you use Sano well. Heh, yes, Yahiko may have been a pick-pocket, but first he was the son of a samurai, and he's been civilized for some time. He always had an intense personality, but now that he's grown up his differences from sano are showing nicely. Good job. I thought he was supposed to have a son named Shinya, but Yuusuke is a great name. Oh, yes, I also liked the way Kaoru expelled Kenji. She's always been at her best with her students. Ta! Great chapters, since I haven't been by in a while.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 8 . 1/27/2008
I take it Kenji won't get to prove his mettle as a swordsman in this story?
Lifestyle chapter 8 . 1/27/2008
Wow. Once again I'm yearning for more! Loved the quick update!
skenshingumi chapter 8 . 1/27/2008
Wow, two updates in one month-that's great.

Poor Kenji is just starting to realize that these guys really are bad guys. I thought the way he assumed it would make sense for the kidnappers to let him go was once again a sign of how sheltered Kenji's world view really is. As for Sano and Yahiko, it really is nice to see them work together. I had to snigger a little bit at how stiff and proper Yahiko of all people was being in the gambling den. It looks like he forgot his roots.

I also like how you had Yahiko be sensitve to what Kenji would return to if word got out. He knows how important the dojo life is to Kenji.
Lucathia Rykatu chapter 8 . 1/26/2008
Aw, Kenji played along after all! He sure imitated his father well. So strange to think of Yahiko as having a better upbringing. It hit so much harder that this is years after and that he's really grown up now!
J Luc Pitard chapter 8 . 1/26/2008
I liked this chapter. The worry grows for our captives, but there's hope. One thing I found odd is that Yahiko would be unused to sitting around a gambling den. He wasn't that young when he was taken from one, after all. True, he'd been away from it, but I think you played him too middle income in that scene. Sano would be more at ease, but Yahiko, despite his finer clothes, should be able to go along with it better. The only other thing to point out is the use of the word 'finally' which becomes repetitive in the last few paragraphs (4 times in quick succession). It works to cut the last three out. Sano's reaction to the apology was lovely.
lionheart555 chapter 7 . 1/26/2008
Very nice story. I love the frequent switch between past and present to slowly develop Kenji's character and the plot.
IVIaedhros chapter 8 . 1/26/2008
Only two or three chapters you say? I'm wondering how you plan to wrap it up and still satisfy all the figurative worms from the can you've opened.

Fun chapter; enjoyed reading it.
207 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »