Reviews for Clearing Skies
skenshingumi chapter 8 . 1/27/2008
Wow, two updates in one month-that's great.

Poor Kenji is just starting to realize that these guys really are bad guys. I thought the way he assumed it would make sense for the kidnappers to let him go was once again a sign of how sheltered Kenji's world view really is. As for Sano and Yahiko, it really is nice to see them work together. I had to snigger a little bit at how stiff and proper Yahiko of all people was being in the gambling den. It looks like he forgot his roots.

I also like how you had Yahiko be sensitve to what Kenji would return to if word got out. He knows how important the dojo life is to Kenji.
Lucathia Rykatu chapter 8 . 1/26/2008
Aw, Kenji played along after all! He sure imitated his father well. So strange to think of Yahiko as having a better upbringing. It hit so much harder that this is years after and that he's really grown up now!
J Luc Pitard chapter 8 . 1/26/2008
I liked this chapter. The worry grows for our captives, but there's hope. One thing I found odd is that Yahiko would be unused to sitting around a gambling den. He wasn't that young when he was taken from one, after all. True, he'd been away from it, but I think you played him too middle income in that scene. Sano would be more at ease, but Yahiko, despite his finer clothes, should be able to go along with it better. The only other thing to point out is the use of the word 'finally' which becomes repetitive in the last few paragraphs (4 times in quick succession). It works to cut the last three out. Sano's reaction to the apology was lovely.
lionheart555 chapter 7 . 1/26/2008
Very nice story. I love the frequent switch between past and present to slowly develop Kenji's character and the plot.
IVIaedhros chapter 8 . 1/26/2008
Only two or three chapters you say? I'm wondering how you plan to wrap it up and still satisfy all the figurative worms from the can you've opened.

Fun chapter; enjoyed reading it.
Little Minamino chapter 7 . 1/19/2008
This is very interesting. I really like the way that you've portrayed Kenji's personality. It reminds me a lot of my brother back when he was fifteen. He never really understood the effect his actions had on people either so I can really relate to Yahiko's feelings in this as well. Anyway, keep up the good work and I can't wait to read more.
Zoleth chapter 7 . 1/15/2008
Ah - 8 months is nothing. Thanks for the update, it was a great read.
IVIaedhros chapter 6 . 1/12/2008
Great fic'...though we've wandered pretty far off of old Sano.
just another fma fan chapter 7 . 1/12/2008
I love this story so far! I hate telling people to update soon because I know from personal experience what writer's block and exams and homework can do to your stories. I haven't written anything for myself in six months. So I completely understand how long one chapter can take you. But, I would like to say that your writing ability is impressive and I can't wait for the next chapter, so write as much as you can, as fast as you can, and I will wait as patiently as possible for you next update. Along with all your other fans. )

PS. this is an annoyymous review because I don't have an account, not because I don't want you to know who I am. xP
Stella chapter 7 . 1/11/2008
So. I was getting to the end of the chapter thinking, "NO! Don't end it! DON'T END IT! NO! NO!"

please update? soon? please? pretty please? (collapses in desperation) please?

Again - I love this story. Everybody loves this story. Keep up the great work.
TheTwilightRurouni chapter 7 . 1/10/2008
Ex-streetfighter's honor? that doesnt sound very reassuring.

Sano and Yahiko yelling at each other is always fun, but now that they're actually yelling about something important makes it even better. another thing I'm, looking forward to is Tsubame seeing Sano again, it's great to see the reactions he gets after being gone so long. And then there's Kaoru. I was hoping she would hit him with something good, really make him see what he'd done in a way Kenshin couldn't, so I was very pleased with their interaction. That seemed very much like something she would do, as did Kenji's ignorance to the repercussions of his little escapade. Excellent chapter, I'm sorry the story is almost over. I'll be watching for the next update, and in the meantime I'll just have to read your other work.

TheTwilightRurouni chapter 6 . 1/10/2008
I honestly did laugh out loud when I read Sano's first few lines, as well as his questioning of the waitress. The change of pace from humor to action though was nice, and once again, this all seems to fit in with the rest of the series perfectly. I just wish there was more than one more chapter for me to read.

TheTwilightRurouni chapter 5 . 1/9/2008
When chapters are this good, there is no limit on how long it takes for updates, and no, I didn't realize you had said there was going to be action this chapter...but I still loved it! I was kind of hoping to see Kaoru go off on him, but a change a pace will be nice. I'm assuming the thugs he runs into next chapter have something to do with the people he ran into on the way to Kyoto? Anyway, keep on keeping on.

TheTwilightRurouni chapter 4 . 1/9/2008
I enjoyed this chapter immensly, I loved seeing Kenshin's angry side, which seemed appropriately portrayed. Kenji's arrogance suits his character well, as does his misunderstanding of Kenshin along with his refusal to accept what he was being told. One thing though was the point at which Kenshin said that Hiten style was never intended to protect the weak, but to kill as many as possible. The sole purpose of the Hiten style is to protect, but as Hiko said it cannot be placed under a banner, but the user has to be a free agent and cannot be controlled by anyone. Allowing himself to fight under the choshu is the reason Kenshin twisted the style so grossly. Don't get me wrong, in the whole scope of the story it shouldn't make that much of a difference, I just thought Kenshin should be disgusted with his choices, not his style. Anyway, it was an epic chapter that had me reading as fast as I could, great job.

TheTwilightRurouni chapter 3 . 1/9/2008
...sasuga. That's about all I can say. These chapters are getting better and better as I go, and I can't help feeling like a broken record as I say the same thing over again and again. Would love to read next chapter right now, but I must be going.

212 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »