Reviews for Clearing Skies
Little Minamino chapter 7 . 1/19/2008
This is very interesting. I really like the way that you've portrayed Kenji's personality. It reminds me a lot of my brother back when he was fifteen. He never really understood the effect his actions had on people either so I can really relate to Yahiko's feelings in this as well. Anyway, keep up the good work and I can't wait to read more.
Zoleth chapter 7 . 1/15/2008
Ah - 8 months is nothing. Thanks for the update, it was a great read.
IVIaedhros chapter 6 . 1/12/2008
Great fic'...though we've wandered pretty far off of old Sano.
just another fma fan chapter 7 . 1/12/2008
I love this story so far! I hate telling people to update soon because I know from personal experience what writer's block and exams and homework can do to your stories. I haven't written anything for myself in six months. So I completely understand how long one chapter can take you. But, I would like to say that your writing ability is impressive and I can't wait for the next chapter, so write as much as you can, as fast as you can, and I will wait as patiently as possible for you next update. Along with all your other fans. )

PS. this is an annoyymous review because I don't have an account, not because I don't want you to know who I am. xP
Stella chapter 7 . 1/11/2008
So. I was getting to the end of the chapter thinking, "NO! Don't end it! DON'T END IT! NO! NO!"

please update? soon? please? pretty please? (collapses in desperation) please?

Again - I love this story. Everybody loves this story. Keep up the great work.
TheTwilightRurouni chapter 7 . 1/10/2008
Ex-streetfighter's honor? that doesnt sound very reassuring.

Sano and Yahiko yelling at each other is always fun, but now that they're actually yelling about something important makes it even better. another thing I'm, looking forward to is Tsubame seeing Sano again, it's great to see the reactions he gets after being gone so long. And then there's Kaoru. I was hoping she would hit him with something good, really make him see what he'd done in a way Kenshin couldn't, so I was very pleased with their interaction. That seemed very much like something she would do, as did Kenji's ignorance to the repercussions of his little escapade. Excellent chapter, I'm sorry the story is almost over. I'll be watching for the next update, and in the meantime I'll just have to read your other work.

TheTwilightRurouni chapter 6 . 1/10/2008
I honestly did laugh out loud when I read Sano's first few lines, as well as his questioning of the waitress. The change of pace from humor to action though was nice, and once again, this all seems to fit in with the rest of the series perfectly. I just wish there was more than one more chapter for me to read.

TheTwilightRurouni chapter 5 . 1/9/2008
When chapters are this good, there is no limit on how long it takes for updates, and no, I didn't realize you had said there was going to be action this chapter...but I still loved it! I was kind of hoping to see Kaoru go off on him, but a change a pace will be nice. I'm assuming the thugs he runs into next chapter have something to do with the people he ran into on the way to Kyoto? Anyway, keep on keeping on.

TheTwilightRurouni chapter 4 . 1/9/2008
I enjoyed this chapter immensly, I loved seeing Kenshin's angry side, which seemed appropriately portrayed. Kenji's arrogance suits his character well, as does his misunderstanding of Kenshin along with his refusal to accept what he was being told. One thing though was the point at which Kenshin said that Hiten style was never intended to protect the weak, but to kill as many as possible. The sole purpose of the Hiten style is to protect, but as Hiko said it cannot be placed under a banner, but the user has to be a free agent and cannot be controlled by anyone. Allowing himself to fight under the choshu is the reason Kenshin twisted the style so grossly. Don't get me wrong, in the whole scope of the story it shouldn't make that much of a difference, I just thought Kenshin should be disgusted with his choices, not his style. Anyway, it was an epic chapter that had me reading as fast as I could, great job.

TheTwilightRurouni chapter 3 . 1/9/2008
...sasuga. That's about all I can say. These chapters are getting better and better as I go, and I can't help feeling like a broken record as I say the same thing over again and again. Would love to read next chapter right now, but I must be going.

TheTwilightRurouni chapter 2 . 1/9/2008
Wow, that was great, it all seemed like such a natural extension of the RuroKen storyline, I'm just glad I get to read it all at once. I really hope I get to see Yahiko have a spar with Sano though, that would be fun. Onward!

TheTwilightRurouni chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
No, I think you portrayed Kenji quite well, it almost makes me wish I had him older in my fic. I am also happy to see that Sano is the main character. As much as I like Kenshin, Sano is my favorite character, he's just too much fun; plus, he and Yahiko can have the greatest dialogue. Anyway, great start to your fic, I think I'll just have to put this one on alert.

Adelaide MacGregor chapter 7 . 1/8/2008
Wow...Sano being smart...WHOOT! Great job! Loved it, you've done a great job with 'grown-up' Sano and Yahiko! Good luck!
skenshingumi chapter 7 . 1/6/2008
I was very impressed with the scene with Kaoru. I like how you were able to portray her as both sensei and mother. I also like how much it shows how young, obtuse, and arrogant Kenji is. He is so assured of his place with his parents that the idea of expulsion never occurred to him. This information, of course, casts the earlier scene with Akira in a whole new light. Kenji is going to have to grow up fast to prove to Yahiko and Kaoru that he understands the value of the Kamiya Kasshin. Somehow, I suspect that you have set that growing experience up for him as he has to worry about his friend as well as himself.

It was good to have Yahiko and Sano more together in this chapter. Yahiko has got to know what a good guy Sano is to guard his back and Sano will have the chance to see an adult Yahiko that can hold his own in a fight.

Does this update mean you got the job you were looking for? If so, congratulations.
J Luc Pitard chapter 7 . 1/6/2008
I really liked this chapter. Yahiko and Sano sort of making up was good, and I liked that most of that happened off screen. Loved the mother/son scene in the garden. The baddies seem to have a plan that sounds interesting and Tae holds the line with Sano. What's not to love? Good work is worth waiting for.
207 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »