Reviews for Overdrive
great story
hawker-748 chapter 5 . 3/9/2005
Cheers!

And Thanks!

I'm glad to see you writing again, and I'm looking forward to new chapters.

Only problem, I didn't like this chapter as much as the previous ones. Don't get me wrong, it's well done, and it fills in some of the backstory.

But I just couldn't wrap my head around Kagome making a decision like that. Yes, love conquers all, but damn, that's one hell of a wish.

As well, having the child in the past? I'm not a parent, but I couldn't imagine willingly having a child in such primitive conditions. Yes, Kagome knows a thing or two about proper sterile conditions, but the infant mortality rate in that period had to be disturbingly high.

I know, I'm nit-picking a fanfic, but I just couldn't suspend that much disbelief. Strange, especially when you consider that I have no problems with anything else in the InuYasha storyline.

Still, I consistantly enjoy your work, and I am always glad to see you update. Please don't hold this gripe against me. I call 'em like I see 'em.

I hope to see a little more of Kilala's new form in the later chapters. Bet she'd be a fun date. Assuming the guy survived.

Good Luck and Keep Writing!
hawker-748 chapter 4 . 2/24/2005
Good to see this back.

People come, and people go, but hatred lasts forever. So, what does a meglomaniac like Naraku do in the Twenty-first century? Go into business, and surround himself with lawyers, what else. Talk about evil calling to evil.

An interesting take on the future of Inu-Yasha, and I like this more everytime I read it. Excellent, subtle use of crossovers to fill out the ranks.

On an aside, I've drank soju, and I found it to be acceptable, but that's just my opinion. I'm a bourbon man myself.

Keep up the good work, and get your ass to work writing more! You have insane, rabid, crazed fans, like me for example, who don't like to be kept waiting! ;) So says the guy who has gone months without updating on occasion. (grimace)
jschu25 chapter 3 . 2/4/2005
Hi

Thanks for another ass kicking chapter. The action was a little hard to follow until I remembered the difference in driving styles. I'm like so curious about Rin and what has happened to her over the years. Sai & Kagome are Shippou & Miroku offspring. Chief of course is Inuyasha, but who the heck is Kusanagi? I look forward to the next chapter, jschu25
hawker-748 chapter 3 . 2/3/2005
Proceeding nicely.

I do have a good idea who's who, but I'll wait to see if I'm right. Good description of the car battle, very nicely done. Looking forward to the next chapter, and keep up the good work.

Yes, Kagura may not be golden inside, but I think that she isn't beyond redemption. A Darth Vader-like exit would be fitting, but I'd like to see her be able to leave it all behind and live free.
DarklessVasion chapter 3 . 1/30/2005
Well...this is...interesting. My head is still spinning with all the action and new characters. Hmm...Kirara with a human form sounds like fun.
SnowySilver chapter 2 . 1/29/2005
Ooh! This was awesome! My head spun a bit with all the details, I'll admit, but I was hooked the whole chapter. I'm definitely getting a better feeling of the characters, and my mind's already whirling to anticipate what you're gonna do with them. :-P I'm thinking I've got the family relations all in order, but I guess I'll see for sure in later chapters, huh? Can't wait for the next installment!
jschu25 chapter 2 . 1/29/2005
Hi

Excellent action scene in this chapter. Still a little confused on some of the characters but I'm sure those will be revealed in future chapters. jschu25
Pen2 chapter 2 . 1/23/2005
just out of curiosity is the Kagome in this story the same Kagome in Inuyasha?
hawker-748 chapter 2 . 1/23/2005
Good chapter, as usual.

There's something tragic about the way that you write Kagura. You almost make her a sympathetic character, and I sometimes wish she could get a chance to walk away from it all.

I'm probably one of the few guys old enough to recognize a Twilight Zone reference. I know, I'm dating myself, but it's not like anyone esle does. (Rimshot)

Bring on the next chapter, and when the hell is the next part of Eva/Matrix coming out? I'm dyin' over here man, give a guy a break!

By the way, forget the spatula, I've had to clean a dead duck out of the inside of a B-99 Travelaire. (Shudder) Ugly work.
jschu25 chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
Hi

I want to say O is Inuyasha's daughter because she can handled the sword. I don't remember if you mentioned why you spell Kirara like Kilala from previous stories. I think it's interesting that she has a human form. And I can't say that I would watch Matrix (because I didn't like them) back to back with Inuyasha. Anime followed with more anime it the way to go :)jschu25
hawker-748 chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
Good start, I'm liking this. I've always wondered about seeing the Inu-Yasha universe set totally in the modern world. Will we have mysticism crossed with modern firepower? Only time, and you, will tell.

By the way, thanks for not having Kilala get sucked into that GE 90. That'd be one hell of a mess to clean up. Seagulls are bad enough, a catgirl would probably take hours to clean out of the compressor blades.

Bonus points for that Twilight Zone homage at the end.

Keep up the good work!
SnowySilver chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
*nods and grins* An awesome beginning! A little confusing, but of course that's just enough to hook me in for the next chapter (which I hope to see soon!). I can definitely see how you got this from the Matrix Reloaded and the Inuyasha Movie 2 (which I just saw today and it TOTALLY RULES!), haha. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Aria-wolfstar chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
That was great! I loved it. Wow, its really random too...yea I like what you said about the Matrix...makes this all make sense. Who's Sai tho? Update soon

~Until Next Time~