Reviews for Hope
TriciaHearMeRoar chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
This is totally amazing. I can't stop reading it. You did a great job. :)
Spectrum chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
This was beautiful. The latest manga chapters have rekindled a love for the sukebe houshi that never really died in the first place, so I've been catching up on two years' worth of missed fanfic, and this one happens to be particularly outstanding.

I love your characterization of Miroku's father-and you're right, there's far too little of him in the fanfic world. Even though we've seen nothing of him in canon (unless you count his death XD), he fascinates me. Someone very like Miroku, wandering the earth searching in vain for a demon and knowing his days are numbered, and on top of that, raising a child. Miroku's name and its meaning says so much about his father and what he wanted for his son, and I think you captured that beautifully. I loved the line about Maitreya, and especially the last line of the fic. :)
Ranuel chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
The wonderfully ambiguous main story and the sweet epilogue make this worth reading again and again. A very different look at this character from what we normally see.
zabchan chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
more warm fuzzies. and sad fuzzies too, if there is such a thing.

there is alot of debate surronding miroku's birth: some say that miroku was born with the kazanna, other's that the kazanna ripped when houshi-papa died. still other's argue whther miro's mom did die in child birth or not.

i'm fascinated with the childhood of both miroku and inuyasha,but miroku is fascinating because we know so little about it. tha, and i adore the sangomiroku pairing. you and your fics fuel my mirsan addiction yay.

one small note: it seems unlikely that the womanizing houshi-senior would have had a strictly friendship-based relashionship with a beautiful furtile woman. a romance yes, friendship no. *shrug*

I did recognize the quote: I give you all my hope: i keep none for myself. arwen right? arg i need to read the trilogy again...
Lucinda the Maid chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
I felt my heart twist as I read this. Ah, was this fic ever lovely! As Miroku is my favorite character from this anime, I enjoy any story centered around him, especially those concerning his past. Aside from Tessenchan's "Next in Line", no fic I've ever read has ever taken a look at the first years of his life, so this was a rare treat for me.

The entirety of the one-shot had a hint of melachony infused in it, making it angsty, but not tear-jerkingly so. It's concept was well thought-out and believable, and you gave Miroku's father a character that the anime and manga denies us. Factoring in how Miroku got his name was just a wonderful moment; he truly is the personification of hope, hm?

The flow and grammar were absolutely impeccable, and, though I searched this fic for areas that needed nit-picking or places where the language stumble, I couldn't find any. This was just... well, perfect! I loved this. Excellent job!
Pyrinsomniac chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
Oh... beautiful...
crookshanks2 chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
i shall give you one word to express this story this word is AWESOME
Anora-the-Dreamer chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
That was pretty cool. You should write the whole story of Miroku's da. All we really know is that he died from his Kazaana.
H. S. Hines chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
Great story! Short, but sweet. Definitely a perspctive I haven't read before. Thank you for writing it :)

~Xak
ingra-of-mordor chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
That was extremely good. I love how you portrayed this character! Keep up the good work.
Starzki chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
Nice story. This is the first Miroku's dad story I've read and, if they were like this one, I wish there were more of them out there.

I really liked the idea that the relationship between the parents was a strong friendship. I don't know why, but it seems more noble, in a way.

Good story!
Sango0808 chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
Very good story, I liked your interpretation on Miroku's parents relationship. I loved the story overall, very good. Not a thing I would change. Great job
Magic Kaito chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
Wow! I was actually sort of confused for a little while... XD. I'm so stupid. That was really good though! We don't get to hear much about Miroku's father. I liked it! And being the HUGE Tolkien fanatic that I am, I figured out the reference. *hugs the books* I need to reread them... I haven't read them in like five years. Anyway, great fic!
AshCarroll aka ShadowDiva chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
I liked it very much. And you're right, not enough stories about Miroku's father and his childhood. Great job! I hope you write more soon. :)
silrayne chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
Wow, I enjoyed this very much. Yay for Houshi-papa fic! :D I like the angle you chose for Miroku's parents. Even if it wasn't romantic, there was love there, and that made it beautiful all the same, maybe even more beautiful. Excellent job!