Reviews for Beginning
P-DUB chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
not too bad so far. however your rendition of Achmed is much too caring and full of concern. I understand that he is in love wiht Rhapsody and u did a good job at portraying that, however if you read the books, achmed is a complete and utter asshole to anyone and everyone, whether it be Rhapsody, Grunther, Ashe, or just his small Firbolg underlings. I would consider having Achmed become at-least a little bit more of a jerk. it would hold truer to the other books. good writing style though very enjoyable to read.
Namimakura chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
YAY! Someone who /didn't/ butcher Achmed's character... *breathes sigh of relief* It drifted a little towards too sappy at the end, but not so much that it was intolerable...

so congratulations!

I do hope you return to this fandom at some point, even if it's for amazing little drabbles like this...

and yes... if Achmed has anything, it's always time...
Key to the Night chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
I really want to see more of this! I have always been a fan of a Rhapsody Achmed pairing. I can't wait to see where this goes, and your writing style is excellent, I'm sure I'll love the rest of this story!
BelleDayNight chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
I love Achmed! Nicely done. He's the reason I read this series...the other characters have a habit of getting on my nerves. It was short and bittersweet and makes me wish you wrote a bit more. But still very nice.
maddie chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
AH! Achmed the hekka sarcastic, clever, and sexyest snake out there! Ashe should go eat a poisonous toad and die. Rhapsody needs to get her pretty head out of her ars. I think you got into Achmeds head quite nicely,his train of thought at the end was certainly his.
vincents-loverffall chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Its good. I really like it. It portrays it all really well. The characters are all IC. Great job! :D
Bone White Butterfly chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
Heh. Well this is an almost polar opposite take of Gwydion's death compared to mine in Candlelight Lament, but I like it.

There's something commendable about your allowing the romantic competition to keep his dignity even as he loses and, well, dies.

However, I'm rather certain Rhapsody would never try to kill herself in reaction to her husband's death. In the wedding scene, I recall this moment when the Singer and the Bolg King acknowledge that Gwydion will have this short while but that they have eternity.

Still, hey, this is fiction, and you twisted the elements well enough that only nitpickers like myself would even notice, much less care.

Thanks for the read,

B.W. Butterfly
GrayRobes chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
Wow...blasted those doors right open, didn't you? Achmed is planning on doing something similar to this, from what I remember. It was a nice twist that Ashe dies in a mortal manner, instead of becoming a draconic creature like Llauron. Rhapsody does not strike me, however, as one to attempt suicide. You did okay with that, but there may have been a different way to go.
WildfireDreams chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Sweet. Too bad Ashe died, I like him, and Rhapsody, and Achmed. Just recently finnished 'Destiny'.
Kat chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
Good start. But Achmed seemed a bit OOC.. maybe it's just me. But you did well.
Ellyn Westbrook chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
I love i love it i love it! Please let me know when you get more!
Playfully Pondering Puppies chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
"Come, let's go home" What an ending! I really loved that. And I love Achmed. And "Of course I do" Is so perfect! And-YAY! *hands a cookie* A favorite stories this shall become!
Altaria Artanis chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
Very sweet. Is there more?

Lady Altaria
Aryanne chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
What I think? I think I like it.
Reading Redhead chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
I really liked this! Short, but realistic. Thanks for not making this one of those "Ashe is out of the picture so therefore Achmed and Rhapsody are immdiately an item" fics. Those just bug me; thanks for the realism. I also appreciate the angst. I think you did a really good job keeping Achmed in character.

Red