Reviews for The Phantom
stashleigh chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
like it
L.B. the Daft Penguin chapter 6 . 9/3/2005
I dislike it when people mix Fan Fictions (i.e. Phantom of the Opera and Harry Potter) because usually, people do it so tastelessly it turns out like a ill-concocted batch of Felix Felicis, just plain bad.

Fortunately, I believe you have done quite well in this rendition of our beloved Pottered-Phantom. The parallels are quite subtle yet extrordinarily well-done, tactfully as well as pleasing to the reader, Phantom-Phans and Potter-Buffs alike. Not merely taking the same characters and doing some name-switching or, like one I read, taking names from the Phantom and oddly putting them in a Harry Potter situation w/ Harry/Christine matches and the like. There can be no end to vexation when such events occur. This peice, however, is not the like. No, your characters possess creativity and careful thought. I do hope that I will see some of these exquisite Fan Fictions listed under The Phantom of the Opera in the near future.

I do enjoy how you have mellowed out Snape a bit... It does make him seem more... Phantomly.

My most humble apologies for the excruciatingly long review.

Your Servant,

L.B. the Daftest Penguin that Ever Marched the Planet
Januarydevil chapter 11 . 7/30/2005
Keep writing. I love the story and can not wait to read more.
Lily of the Shadow chapter 11 . 7/26/2005
i really like this so far, i hope you udpate really soon!
FireKidd chapter 11 . 7/15/2005
UPDATE! i threatne you with bodily harm and great damage if you dont!

yeah i know bout good guy frens... had one.. sobs

pls! iM ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT

in the end, make sevie handsome again k?

u could say her love miraculously healed him...

ARGH

UPDATE! I'LL THROTTLE YOU IF YOU DONT!
Ms. Dwyn Snape chapter 11 . 7/11/2005
Aww dont be sad! I'd be your friend! Anyways, nice story. I happen to love both stories that you are sort of combining so I know which scenes are somewhat from 'll I hope you keep writing!
Moonbreath chapter 11 . 7/11/2005
aww...please don't be sad! :(

anyway, I just found this story today, and, I must say, it's awesomely (is that a word? _
Dali2theLlamasquared chapter 11 . 7/10/2005
Aww...please don't feel sad! Please? *puppy eyes* Please? Wiff sugaw on top? *sniff, sniff* You're not allowed to be sad! You've got me here to review over and over and over and...oh, wait...yeah, the whole "no-reviewing-chapters-over-and-over-again" thing...

Hmm...well, I shall just have to help you out by reviewing really long this time...so, here we go!

My poor sweetie! *huggles!* I'm so sorry he's gone for such a long while...but he'll be back really soon! I know you miss him terribly; my best friend lives 12 hours away from me...oh the terrible sadness of it all! It'll be all right; don't you worry!

Well, if it is any comfort, the story is going splendidly! I enjoy every moment reading! And yes, it was a very short chapter. Somewhat disappointing, but then again it is quarter past midnight right now as I type, so I guess I can't say a whole lot. I hope that the next chapter is even more wonderful (and, incidentally, even more long!) and that you shall go into a few extra details.

I love how you've characterized your characters. The character development is quite fascinating; I love watching these things unfold! I also love how you started and ended; they're so dramatic. Okay, the ending's more dramatic and the beginning's more ironically humourous, but they are both wonderful nonetheless.

I am happy to say that I think this fic is an overall success. I know; you're not near the finish line yet. But it is superb! I enjoy every moment! At times it seems a little disconnected and choppy, but that is mostly from my sporadic reading.

Until another time, my friend!
Dali2theLlamasquared chapter 10 . 7/10/2005
Squee! You put me in your little profile thingy! *huge huggles*

Sorry...must curb...enthusiasm...oh, what the hell! Squee!

I wuv yoos! Hee hee! (please excuse the espresso-induced hyperness; too many people in the house at once, all suddenly gone...it's driving me crazy!) I'm glad you're just fabulous! I'm pretty fabulous myself (as I attempt to find the college I'm supposed to go to...and a myriad of other things I just don't feel like doing...). My end of the...well...south? Umm...pretty good, except for the fact that I'm getting rained out of house and home because of this hurricane. At least I'm not in the middle of it all!

Well, well, well! What have we here? A chapter, I see! Well, now, what to do with a chapter...SQUEE! I guess that means I must comment...

I bloody love you! It's so well-written! I love the randomness of the George/Katie thing; very cute, very misleading as to where the rest of the chapter would lead. And I am very glad that Hermione had a nice, strong reaction. Okay...not "nice," per se, but you get the idea. I wonder what Harry's going to do...and what Snape is going to do since Harry's visiting. I wonder what Snape's been thinking about all this time, too...hmm...

Well, I must be off; another chapter to read!

Always,

Katie
CheetahLiv chapter 11 . 7/10/2005
excellent chapter. you could have made the "small pale hand" part a little less confusing, i couldn't really tell whose hand it was. other than that, please update asap! I leave town on the 12th, so i'm hoping to read another chapter!

ps did hermione really collapse, or did she fake it?

pps i liked how ironic it was that harry moved into the castle to find snape! poor hermione!
Love That Elf chapter 11 . 7/9/2005
Ah! What I've been waiting for! A Snape chapter. Wow. I love Phantom. I just thought I should say that. Anyways, great chapter, and keep em coming!
Luvssnape chapter 11 . 7/8/2005
I love this story. Please update soon. I have always loved Phantom of the Opera and I love the SSHG ship what a wonderful mixture. Thanks for your sharing a wonderfully thoughtful piece.
PhantomFlutePlayer chapter 11 . 7/8/2005
Aw, Im sorry. Though, I was wondering what made you update so soon after the last one. HGSS fluff next one, please update before your b/f comes back XD. As much as I love Harry, Severus is incredably awesome!
kirbyfrank chapter 1 . 7/7/2005
Great story, by the way, from what I've read. However, before I continue, I just wanted to say that I must agree with your A/N at the beginning of the chapter. There are quite a few Ginny/Snape stories, and they just don't make sense to me. Hermione is my favorite character, true, but even objectively, she really is the only character even SLIGHTLY suited for him. Interesting first chapter, I look forward to the rest.

Kethryn
severus-fan chapter 11 . 7/7/2005
I'm really enjoying this story. I had bookmarked the story to read it at a later date (I'm surprised my computer hasn't crashed, I have so many saved). I just now finished what you've written so far and I wanted to gush at your talent.

*ENTER GUSHING*

I love your story. It's interesting, and different. I can't wait for you to update, which I hope is soon!

You mentioned that you wanted the Phantom to end up with Christine (So did I) and that you usually abhor putting Harry and Hermione together (or something like that). I hoping that it means that Hermione and Severus are going to end up together. They're my favorite couple. I don't like Hermione/Harry, or Ron/Hermione because neither of them have Hermione's joy of learning or her cleverness. Ergo, I always thought that Hermione'd be bored and stifled in a relationship with them. Plus Snape is sexy with his voice and those dark eyes. Great Hermione/Severus interaction though. I'm truly hooked on your story, so please update soon!

I think this is the longest review I've ever left...