Reviews for The Voice
Soignante chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
Now THAT's realism.
Reading Redhead chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Heh, that's one heck of a twist on things! I know that I can (sadly) like the Christine in this story more than I can the one in Leroux's because she makes more sense.

This was really well-written, I liked the consistency of tone throughout. To me it portrayed a more logical, straightforward Christine, which is undoubtedly what you were attempting. Congratulations.

~Red
The Phantom Flutist chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Please update! I really enjoyed what I've read so far. Don't tell me you're one of those people wo don't finish their work

1 Thank you.
Lonely Loony chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
That was scary O_o But this is the best Christine I've ever seen XD But if she were so sensible, there would be no Erik! And that would be tragic!O_O And you were great, once again!_
babymene17 chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
That's kinda...depressing...maybe I just love the original story too much!
Jaime chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
You're a great writer. This is the first story I have read of your's and I'm going to read the rest right away. (Will I be allowed to say "I knew her when..." I wonder?)
ricecakes chapter 1 . 3/16/2005
Short and sweet. I like it. It makes you wonder just how low the expectation was for women's common sense was back then...for example in Leroux's POTO (written in 1911) I guess it was plausible that a teenager would accept an Angel of Music giving daily morning lessons through her mirror. In ALW's POTO, the story had to be changed so Christine was "brainwashed" into believing in the Angel when she was a tiny little girl. No one these days would believe a 15-yr old girl would simply accept the whole ruse...we'd expect more of what you wrote.
Ravensmyst chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
Impressive. Beautifully written and ironically humorous. You eloquently demonstrate the need to suspend your disbelief with this story... Christine's guillibility always annoyed me, but clearly without it there would be no book! And I'm sure no one would want that...so I guess all us phans owe everything to Christine's superstitons :D
Imhilien chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
A good story that speculates what would have happened if Christine had had more common sense. Unfortunately she would have never seen Erik again...
ElfLover chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
You have done it again. I can't believe it. But the story is here, so I have to believe, don't I?

This was drily humorous, in a way. Looking at it the way you've put it, if Christine "was not a superstitious person", the story of The Phantom of the Opera would never have come about. I never thought about it like that.

Three is the magic number. You are a magician with words.

With great respect and admiration,

~ElfLover
PiccoloFrivolous chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
If you plan on continuing this, please do! It'd be lovely to see how the story went if Christine had a bit more spine and there wasn't the whole 'Hypnotized/Angel' thing going on.

-Kessie
friendorphantom chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
Your writing is good. Interesting concept-not sure where you're going with it, but I'm interested. Keep posting!
Black Hero chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
Well written! It's nice to see a story that keeps in line with the book.
Quiet2885 chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
That was actually pretty funny. I've always thought that she was really naive about that Angel of Music thing. Most people would run away screaming...or maybe get a brain scan :)
Aisling-Siobhan chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
heya, nice.. read it over on LJ but thought id review ya ne way :D (its k155_me/kiss_me btw)

more soon? cya