Reviews for Farsighted
mabidiso chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Love your stories of Neji and the Hyuuga language so very much.
Mute Wordsmith chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Fwoooooo good-fic with optimistic ending and is good! Also wtf man you've wrote so many storieeeees. 8O

Ri-i-i-ight...

First off, I like your writing style. Uhm, the idea of how the Byakugan started and how it pisses Neji off, you know, it fits in with the whole ninja world thing and how people would utilise that for ninjaness is cool too. And the character of Neji and how you explore him... (lol exploring Neji)

idk, your fic is just imaginative and good and interesting and I keep using the word "interesting" in my reviews but that's just what makes a fic GOOD, you know? Okay fine, read that as intriguing. Your fic is intriguing.

Ohgosh my reviews are so informal and whotsit, crappy. Bad standard. 8D

Keep writing!

P.S. Also, the optimism! With the whole Hinata finally getting a teensy bit more confident with the whole asking for salt thing even though it doesn't feature much and Neji lightening up. :D
Rosa Lui chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
I LOVE it! I LOVE Neji/Hyuuga politics!
c00kiemon chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
...You are made of win. If you wish, I will have your cyber-babies.

Well then, crack aside (for now), I think this is my first time reading a fic that actually explores the beginnings of Byakugan and how it affects the Hyugas that I actually like. Good for you sir or madam.
Drake-Azathoth chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Awesome fic. A very nice characterization of Neji, and very plausible.
Gisela chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
I don't know why you don't have more reviews. Your story strangely enough made me emotional as if to make up for Neji's calmness in face of the sick ironies and dramas of his life. The story has a good pace and displays powerful enough sections to make a strong impact in few words. Definitely a great read. Thanks for the tale 0 Though I rarely read about him, you've made me fall completely inlove with his character.
aditou chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
Awesome. This is one of my favorite stories on this site. It's so well done.
Bloone chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Wow. This Neji fanfiction is superior to the other fics I've read and perhaps ever will read. I used a big word 'superior'...nice.

-Bloone
Charisse chapter 1 . 7/4/2005
"Better than any of the other Hyuuga; better than Hiashi himself, if only so Neji can throw the fact of his talent in his uncle’s face. It won’t change anything. Hiashi will still be the clan head, Hizashi will remain as dead as ever, and Neji will wake up in the mornings with an aching mark on his brow."

Absulutely brilliant.
UE chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
this is a freakin' good piece of fanfiction. you give such a thorough and original account of the hyuuga legacy that i am swept up in awe right now. you write so beautifully...but it's not just the pretty words that get to me. it's just how you carefully and quietly draw out the relationship b/t neji and hiashi, neji and his family, and neji with himself. i'm sure there's much more i could say, i just have trouble articulating it because this is a freakin' GREAT piece of fanfiction.
Sailor Comet chapter 1 . 2/25/2005
Nice fic. I have to admit, some of the explaining of the byakugan's origin was hard for me to follow, but I understood what happened.

I had a huge grin when I got to the part about Hinata asking for the salt. It was great.

Sam
pandap chapter 1 . 2/25/2005
This is wonderful. I love seeing how Neji's perspective changes, and absolutely adore the background on the Byakugan we get here. v. nice.
Ceresi chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
I've read this before. Have I? Think so. Don't think I reviewed it, so . . . .

*cries*

There is so much about this that I loved, and I just cannot find the words for it. Um. Start at the beginning?

The bit about the curse seal and the byakugan confused me a little bit, I'll admit, but I almost flunked genetic sciences, so that's probably it. I adore the fact that the curse seal was intended to heal, and the fact that the byakugan recognizes the person's entire body as an extension of their eye. Is this the disease that Hiashi talks about later?

"Gai encourages his training. Gai, in fact, is the only one who encourages him, and even this in a horribly fair-handed way that is chock-full of declarations that hard work does just as good Lee, don’t you ever forget that.

Neji’s mother is a Branch House member who was assigned to oversee a clan-holding east of Konoha ten years ago. Neji’s father is deceased. This makes Gai quite possibly Neji’s only parent. When he first comes to this realization, Neji puts his head down between his knees and pretends that he is also dead for all of three minutes."

*DEAD*

Not fair. You're not allowed to be angsty AND brilliant, it's just not fair. Although I always wondered what Sandaime was thinking when he fobbed Neji off on Gai (or Gai off on Neji, as the case may be . . . .) Brilliant. :D

And then the Hyuuga stuff! There were so many little phrases and lines that I loved, I can't find them all. Here are a few:

"Neji listens with half an ear; Hiashi speaks with half a mouth, and between them, they attempt a conversation."

"Neji has never been able to start his dinners without bitterness flavoring the miso, watching the girl creep in like a mouse to steal a bowl of rice and possibly some fish before escaping."

"He has always known that the clan’s ugliness has distilled through the years into an art, like the fine process of draining bugs for kimono cloth dye; the family Hyuuga may look elegant to outsiders, but it only exists because of an ongoing brutality."

"Since the Chuunin Exam, he has become a different entity than Neji has always perceived while growing up; Hiashi, whose stern contempt never flags while he is discussing village business, but who now is picking his way through child-rearing with all the delicacy of a blind man."

And more.

And then the end, which absolutely and totally killed me, I swear to god, especially the last line. Naruto wouldn't be half as poignant if the kids weren't all so YOUNG and despite his maturity Neji is still SO YOUNG, and. *cries* I seriously cannot find words, I really can't.

*recs* That's all I can think to do, that's how brilliant this is. Just, wow. Thank you so much for writing this.
Icarusy chapter 1 . 1/23/2005
This is amazing.

You are amazing.

I'm... truly and honestly blown away. It seems no review shall truly ever justify this fic, so I shan't bother to try.

Just... wonderful introspection, terrible subtle-ness, great descriptions. I love your style. This is quite possibly the best non-pairing Hyuuga fic I've ever read.
Death by Wasabi chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
That was possibly the best Hyuuga fic I've ever read. I really like the new take on the history of the byakugan. It also seems realistic how Hiasha doesn't just waltz right into the role of the loving father and uncle.

This was a really, really, good read