Reviews for Left Hand Man
vucizalis chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Aw what a sweet one-shot.
snowy chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
hahaha i can imagen that happen
Launigsiae chapter 1 . 8/4/2005
I have to say that I enjoyed this for personal reasons, I'm left-handed and I've received a lot of stares even when it isn't that unheard of.

You know, when I was a baby, it doesn't matter how, I broke my right arm right below the shoulder; I was in treatment for 5 years (the first 3 I couldn't even move it), so since then, I do almost everything with my left hand.
medlii chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
Interesting idea. I like the detail of the thoughts in this fic and you did a great job of showing how everyone cares. I didn't know that being left handed was such a big deal in ancient Japan until the end of the story. Other than that, you did an excellent job with the characters,they were perfect!
Kane chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
I like your story. It fits so easily into the Inuyasha background that it should be in the series.
Raihu chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
I ::knew:: I was going to read more of your work. I tried to deny it, but here I am. XP

This is an excellent topic for a one-shot. Most authors use really melodramatic plotpoints to set up a reinforcement-of-friendship story, but this is just clever. Informed, too; it ties an IY moment to a more obscure piece of Japanese culture.

I also liked the little bits of background info you dropped for Miroku; things like the idea that he couldn't wear his prayer beads so easily as a child. It's thoughts like that that give depth to characters without putting them into AU situations. Lots of fun to read, because it feels like a little extention of the manga or anime, or a detail that I should have recognized on my own because it seems so obvious now. P

I think that my very favourite aspect of your writing is the way you write the characters. Generally, they remain true to their manga stereotypes, but they don't seem at all like stereotypes anymore. The whole groping issue still stands between Miroku and Sango, but it's no longer their one, defining purpose. Inuyasha and Kagome fight, but it doesn't happen instantaneously and for no real reason. And Shippo was actually there. O That alone is impressive, because he's overlooked so often. XD

The one thing I found lacking was the description of the setting. I never really got a clear picture of where the group was sitting. Not a huge deal in this case, because the whole story was a brief sort of character study anyway. P

Definitely a great read. You bring such vivid realism to the IY characters! _
Starzki chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
A student in one of my classes severely injured her right hand in a car accident (ironically, it was the airbag that did all the damage). She had to go through so much trouble because of that. She couldn't take tests that were fill-in-the-bubble or take notes. She said that she could barely dress herself in the mornings.

So, really good story. You don't realize how much you depend on something until it's gone. And your characterizations were excellent.
The Procrastinator chapter 1 . 1/19/2005
An absolute gem.
perlaret chapter 1 . 1/19/2005
_ Cute, and a clever speculation. Honestly, I would have been clueless, had I not been talking to someone the other day about how left-handers were once thought to be witches or abnormal at the very least- I recall being told that my grandmother was born left-handed, and her arm was broken and put into a cast in order to force her to learn to use her right hand. Also, I have wondered about how Miroku manages writing and eating after his 'operations' in the past, and I'm very glad you wrote this. It's always nice to see another's idea on a subject.

I also enjoyed the interactions of the group- the fact that none of them were in the least condemning is just very characteristic. Kagome is probably accustomed to accepting left-handers, as she is from the (near) present day, Shippou is probably young enough to not yet possess any such biases, Inuyasha just doesn't give a damn. He also has faced predjudice in the face over things he can't control, and Sango has as well, based on the fact that's she is female and a taijiya anyway. So, when one thinks of it, it all fits together.

I noticed a few sentence fragments that seemed awkwardly written- such as the last one in the first paragraph- and a few sentences where an added comma or two would have improved the overall flow of the story, and made reading easier. Otherwise though, I enjoyed this oneshot immensely. It's a fic that definitely got me thinking, and it'd be nice if more people wrote stories like these on a more frequent occasion.

To sum it up: Good job!