Reviews for Snowblind
Hidari chapter 5 . 3/18/2006
Brilliant! I must confess I can't begin to imagine HOW those two will handle the journey together. I can't wait for the next chapter. Kudos!
Arukou chapter 5 . 3/13/2006
For one who once dreaded writing fight scenes that was extremely well written. Never got lost between who was doing what, the action didn't seem forced nor did it drag, and I found the fight to be true to both characters' fighting styles. This makes me happy because bad battle scenes tend to make my eye tick. As for plot, the little tidbits you did leave make me curious. As in I want to know what happened and is going to happen. As in now I'm going to be sitting waiting for updates. I do so love Saitoh's sarcasm. He is a man after my own heart. Looking forward to the fight that will most likely ensue over who has to cook and who gets to mooch. I have a feeling it may make me laugh.

Sincerely,

Jade Lightning_Wolf
Sirona chapter 5 . 3/13/2006
Personally, I think that the action and the wary tension between Saito and Kenshin made it more realistic. I'm really enjoying this story, and can't wait to read the rest of it!
LadyRhiyana chapter 5 . 3/13/2006
Hi, I've been a great fan of this fic for a while, but (shame on me) haven't yet reviewed. I love the action and the character interaction both, especially the philosophical/mental debate they're waging over Yamashita. The images of them both lost and trying to kill each other in the cold, snow-covered wilderness are truly powerful.
SaitouuRyuuji chapter 5 . 3/13/2006
This is awesome, I really love your writing style. I can't wait to read the next chapter. I'm really glad that you haven't given up on this fanfic.

~Saitouuryuuji~
Terry-McElrath chapter 5 . 3/12/2006
Hi, Nekotsuki!

That was a very satisfying chapter. The action was superb and the explanations regarding Yamashita clear, although tragic. I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter, but don't feel like you need to rush. I understand how real life gets in the way, all too well. Thanks for posting this excellent story!

Terry-McElrath chapter 4 . 3/12/2006
Hi, Nekotsuki!

An excellent chapter! I loved the cat and mouse game. Like you, I have always believed that Kenshin is just (or at least almost) as dangerous unarmed as he is armed. Hiko's training would have seen to that. His only problem is that he doesn't have the body mass to take full advantage of some of the more effective kenpo moves. However, that little difficulty can be overcome with tactics, as you've so clearly shown. It always bothers me to read stories where he is basically helpless without his sword (even though I used that little gimmick in chapter 9). I loved the way you addressed that issue in both "Tanabata Jasmine" and here. Anyway, can't wait to read the next chapter!

Terry-McElrath chapter 3 . 3/12/2006
Hi, Nekotsuki!

Oh, you have such a wonderful grasp of Saito's personality! I loved this chapter! The dialogue between Kenshin and Saito was wonderful. I particularly liked the doubts that Saito raised about whether or not Kenshin had been told the truth about what would happen to Yamashita. Kenshin's inner thoughts about whether Katsura had been honest with him were great, especially the logic that led to his final decision. I love how you write! And this is a wonderful story! Now it's on to the next chapter!

omasuoniwabanshi chapter 5 . 3/12/2006
"Your romantic ideals mean nothing."

Interesting comment from Saitoh, considering that the shinsengumi were formed for the romantic ideal of safeguarding the shogun and the old way of life from the forces of change! Though Saitoh always seemed to march to the tune of his own personal code of justice rather than any list of rules the shinsengumi thought up.

The treatment of the female spy was a chilling reminder of the utter lack of gallantry towards women during this period of Japanese history. It was hardly the idealized courtly love of Medieval Europe, that's for sure.

Of all the outcomes to the battle, the one I least expected was a voluntary truce! Your plot twists always surprise me. Nice to see Saitoh (eventually) seeing sense. Can't wait to see him divvy out cooking duty with Kenshin.

Great chapter!
Terry-McElrath chapter 2 . 3/12/2006
Hi, Nekotsuki!

Again, I know that I reviewed this chapter, too, but I couldn't resist letting you know how much I enjoyed it. Hee! This chapter was just as good as I remembered. I love the images of Saito and Kenshin reduced to their fundoshis! Your research into snow survival techniques was in-depth and showed clearly in the chapter. Can't wait to read the next chapter!

Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
Hi, Nekotsuki!

I know that I reviewed this chapter already, but I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading it again. As always, your prose and imagery is breathtaking, and I stand in awe of your skills as a writer. I decided to take a short break before continuing with chapter 11. What better way to rest, than reading some truly excellent Rurouni Kenshin fan fiction?

sakurachan101 chapter 5 . 3/12/2006
ti he~ nope, i definately don't mind the action. _ NEways, update soon!
Warg chapter 5 . 3/12/2006
Cool...update... *peeks under rock*

Great Chapter... Very vivid...and the action was perfectly visible and very fast moving. Not much for story flow... but hehe, next time right?

The background on the OC drives the question in Saito's head... Loved the flashback btw... forcing him to "think" of KEsnhin from a differential standpoint...

The characterizations are perfect, as always - and the story is a treat to read... The wait... is inevitable, i guess, but still so...

HAHa...BYE

P.S:: AWESOME... the TJ sequel... looking forward to that... baited breath...
Khrysalis chapter 5 . 3/12/2006
Looks like the gods have more to laugh at than ever on Kenshin's behalf. The humor here is deadly, one of those long moments when something is darkly funny, but one feels it would be a very bad idea to crack a smile...if you were there. I guess it's safe enough here, but one never knows.
caffinebunny chapter 5 . 3/12/2006
Yay! An update! It's so good to see that guys can be the greatest fighters since year dot and still be adorable knuckleheads when it comes to the little things in life, like co-opertion and the whole not killing each other thing. :-)

So what's Kenshin going to do about all the lovely splinters that coe from using rough wood instead of a sword? Is he going to have to get Saitou's help?
335 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »