Reviews for A Chat with Severus
ErRose chapter 1 . 22h
Thanks for this behind-the-scenes peek. As a reflection exclusively on the characters, not your interpretation of them: it seems quite unfair that Severus is being blamed to this extent by the one person whose opinion he cares for. His reaction should have been completely expected by someone who knows him as well as Dumbledore: the only way it wouldn't be is if Dumbledore had unrealistically high expectations of him. Which on the one hand sounds like a good thing, to expect better of people than is strictly logical... but on the other hand, it sets them up for failure. I feel Severus responded quite reasonably given the information he had available. While he had personal motivations, he had quite sufficient ones that were impersonal. Thus the fault lies with those who did not adequately guard the information, their carelessness giving him just enough information to get him in trouble.
I just felt like someone should stand up for poor Severus, who should only be execrated when actually at fault :'( Again, I'm defending the character within the world, not disparaging your plot, which I am quite fond of.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/15/2017
I like this portrayal of Severus. Wonderful story! :)
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 1 . 12/28/2015
I'm glad you wrote this conversation. I'm sure you have a reason for not putting it in the main fic, but I can't see it.
Mistress-Cinder chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
How interesting to get a Snape POV. You wrote this before the last two books came out. What would you have changed if could. Obviously, Snape would have been even more irrational than you portrayed him because of his love of Lily. Always...
DS chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
Lovely!
faltrock chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
I just read this coming from Ch. 30 of LwD, and I must simply say, I love your writing. You make such wonderful, small stepped in-universe character development, it is making my heart sing.
s.gill17 chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Snape's not that bad you know. He just likes things to be a way which he understands. He doesn't understand the Pack, so he fears them and dislikes them. But he does like them. Or he will...
lilyginnyrose chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
aww poor severus. I hope for him Neenie never does that again later on.
SweetSouthernGal chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
Really happy to see Dumbledore guilt/scold Severus! I was so disappointed that it wasn't in LwD and was hoping you did do a oneshot of it as you hinted you might. Be interesting to see how the character of Snape develops throughout the series. He didn't accept Sirius's apology (unsurprising), but with everything perhaps he won't be quite as antagonistic towards the kids...maybe? Yeah, it's probably wishful hoping. Especially since he'd be incredibly OOC canon-wise and 'verse-wise if he wasn't antagonistic to some degree.
My Current Reading List chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
While I like how you had Snape feeling remorse for what he did, I don't understand while you had him not helping Remus the full moon before the trail. I can see he hoping for Sirius's embrassment but it seems that he remorse should had him at least trying to help Remus.
Potterholic1999 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Snape's not all bad... But I knew that! I'm starting to think you are incapable of writing anything less than fantastic ;)
annna chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
I am curious how you let the relationship between 'the cups' and Snape turn out when they enter school - but after that prophecy I am hopeful that it won't be as bad as Dumbledore predicts... after all, while Snape may be 'grumpy' and unforgiving (not that I think that grumpy is a good translation for 'severus' - I'd think it rather means severe - grim, serious, stern - it is the name of several Roman emperors, after all), he is as strict against himself as against others (except the bullying/abusing power thing, which I think he doesn't see as such, even though he should...) - and you showed that very well in this oneshot, as in my opinion he isn't that guilty this time - and I don't know what Dumbledore thinks he did to loose his trust - that he didn't come to him and ask, perhaps?
Snape's and McGonagall's actions were very similar (even if the intent probably differed), but the main difference was 'the pack's' reaction - they didn't even try to explain anything to Snape until afterwards... (and it's not as if they didn't antagonize him before - and I don't mean when they were teenagers!)
Well, as I said - I'm curious to see what you have planned... ;-
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
nice
Kerubim chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
So from cannon the marauders have almost killed him...twice, stripped him in public, bullied and harassed him for seven years 'just because he existed' dumbedore continually guilt trips him no matter what he does. He has to run a house, teach, spy and do nighty rounds, make lupins wolfsbane for free and teach lupins class once a month with his other duties and albus still Is disappointed in him.

Lol they hurt him out of nessity, yeah no. They did it because its funny and ok.

And in the end of the third book no one seemed to give a shit that he had a concussion or that black was smacking his head continually on the cave ceiling. But I forgot the Gryffindors are good and severus bad.

How Severus hasn't committed suicide I'll never know. If I was him I'd leave. Its so clear that he's nothing more then a dog for them to blame and beat over and over.

Nice snape bashing. I loved the part where he's punished for doing his spy duties and once again chastised for doing everyones dirty work.
Pruedence E. Sol chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
I think I told you already but I really like your stories. Its only my interpretation but with "What they are, is brave, intelligent, cunning, and loyal to one another." are you describing the cubs and likely the houses of Hogwarts?

Keep up with the good work.

Havea nice day,