Reviews for Curious Circumstance of the Man in the HalfMask
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
Heh. I vote for the half-masked guy.
sbkar chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
Dark, dark humor!
kaput chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
*sigh*

Lovely and amusing, and it well captures the sentimments that have begun to plague me ever since I saw the 2004 movie. The original novel by Leroux was much better. I also like that you had the Persian and Darius in this, as the Persian is my all time favorite character. You characterized Old!Persian very well, too, while still remaining true to the character that we saw in the book. Overall, this piece was very nice. Keep up the good work!
aeipathy chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
Oh, how delightful. I admit that the movie and musical leave certain things to be desired when it comes to the purity of the book - this is truly amusing.
LesMisLoony chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
That. is. friggin. hilarious.

Poor, poor Daroga! But I must agree with everything in the entire story, although you should have mentioned that the mysterious man in the half-mask couldn't sing... snerk...
ElfLover chapter 1 . 2/3/2005
*screams with rage and throws herself at Movie!Erik* Impostor! Die now!

Heh. Sorry, total Leroux purist here. I love how you brought the two characters together, and their contrasting opinions on the events of the past...

"I came from a repulsive freak show and have lived all my life in this cruel, cramped Opera-house."

"Then you are not Erik."

"I don't know who this Erik is, but I am the Phantom of the Opera."

"Then you are not Erik," the Persian repeated, smiling slightly in a worn, but satisfied, manner. "He was the Opera Ghost."

"So was I."

*laughs maniacally*

~ElfLover
Baffled Seraph chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
Great story! I love the meeting between the musical version of Erik and Nadir. It was very confusing. I applaud you for your creativity! *applause is heard* Bravi!
StrangeGirl chapter 1 . 1/23/2005
Very good. The whole story had an...ironic twist to it, that really made it interesting. The persian from the book meets up with the phantom from the musical..interesting idea, interesting story, keep up the good work! _
AuronLives chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
interesting...I like it.
Random-Battlecry chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
Funny, isn't it, how people managed to get so many Phantoms out of Leroux's? Kay's, Lloyd Webber's, Crawford's, Butler's... wish I could remember who played him when I saw the play, but it was thirteen years ago and I was only seven... I'm thinking about writing a fic with all the well-known incarnations sitting around talking to each other but I don't know if I could keep them straight. Anyway I liked this very much and you have a great way with words...
Um chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
I'm confused.
Professor Weasley chapter 1 . 1/19/2005
not a fan of the movie?

that or just comparing.

I've read the book and seen the movie (not teh play yet, oh well)

Great portrayal of the Persian. I loved that guy. Pity he wasn't in the play, or movie (unless he was in the really odl one, I'm yet to see the 1925 version)
Elyse3 chapter 1 . 1/19/2005
Aw... poor Daroga. I loved Darius. Adorable fic by the way. It seemed a truely realistic picture of the Daroga aging.