Reviews for As Is: Whatever Way It Happens
MarauderRoza-299 chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Oh, us doomed to non canon shipping. I never really did like Yuugi... I am a Revolutionshipper and a Vanishshipper and an Azureshipper all the way T.T... My OTPs are NEVER canon! T.T
IllyriaVerona chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Absolutely marvelous.
browneyes730 chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Oh my goodness! This was amazingly beautiful! Thank you for writing this and sharing it with us. :D
Luriko-Ysabeth chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
I really liked this: especially when dealing with alternate pairings, it's hard to find a good story where the canon or quasicanon pairing is handled by "No matter how much X cares about Y, X just doesn't Like Y Like That" - and harder still to find one where X is quite justifiably upset and hurt by having to be in the position of turning Y down.

But what elevates this above and beyond even that is its acknowledgment of and dealing with the fact that people don't live in a vacuum: when a romance or failed romance happens among a group of friends, naturally it will affect the whole group, and I loved the way this story depicted that and the way that it showed the position of the party in a disagreement who finds the natural sympathies of most of their mutual friends going to the disagreer. (There ought to have been a less tangled way to say that last, but I can't seem to think of it.)

In short, I thought this was an excellent story about friendship and one-sided attraction, and am glad that the Seto/Anzu UST hints stayed in the background - I haven't made up my mind whether I like that pairing or not, but in either case, since it isn't the focus of this story, I'm glad it didn't get in the way. (Also, I like the way that you're building the Seto-Anzu friendship; the former is one of the characters I tend to feel should really spend more time learning how to maintain a friendship BEFORE trying to go out with anyone.)
blkdg9 chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
So I've just finished reading all your fics involving these two and there is something I need to say: DARN YOU! I'D SWORN OFF YU-GI-OH! AND THEN THIS HAPPENS! 0:

First found your page when I read "Tempest in a Tea Cup" and was surprised when I saw you had Yu-Gi-Oh! fics. I haven't seen that show since the first season aired... then I saw who the characters were that you chose to focus on and was just compelled to read your stuff. DEFINITELY worth it. Gosh, I absolutely love your style of writing and how you've handled their developing "relationship" makes me feel perfectly content. I'm tempted to look up this series again if only to briefly reacquaint myself with the characters (specifically 2 ;) )

All in all, nice work!
Moonlight Memories chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
Pretty pretty pretty!~I love it!
Natsuki Piffle chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
This is really rather sweet.
Azurite chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
I know I have read this before, but I was truly shocked not to see a review from me on here. I'm a big fan of the As Is "series" of stories, and I wanted to let you know that aside from myself and the other 11 reviewers, Scribbler (well-known general YGO ficcer and recommender extraordinaire) has recced this on her LJ. That's how I found it again.

And like she said in her recview, part of the reason why this particular "As Is" episode is so delightful is because it's so possible, so in-character. It *FITS* without being overbearing on any particular genre, so I think anyone can really read this and be satisfied. I'd hope, anyway.

That said, I laughed when I read the author's note at the end. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but I have had several people ask me if I am the reason why the 'ship is called Azureshipping, or if my name somehow comes from that. When I tell them Azurite's a real gemstone and it's been my alias for well over 10 years (before YGO even came out), many of them are quite surprised. Either way, it made me smile even more, so thank you.
Alanna The Lionness chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
ok, i NEVER read YuGiOh stories. sure i watch the show every once in a while but i read more avatar than anything else. and while reading one of your avatar stories, TITT (amazing by the way) i found these and was bored so i read them. while i don't know who EVERYone is, i still think that these 'As is' stories are really good! they all flow and don't really come right out and say the pairings but you know they're there and you can let your mind wonder. so yeah, they're really good, thanks for opening my eyes to YuGiOh fics!
DeepBlueQL chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
Oh! I love your "As Is" stories so much!

I love the way you portrayed Mai! She's so wise and intuitive.

This story made me all warm and happy.
suzieq2005 chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
I love your stories! Anzu/Seto is my favourite couple. I would love to see them actually get together.
yingying chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
i love your stories!

i would like to see more action btw Anzu and Seto though!
Spiffy Chalk chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
Amazing, as usual. I love these "As Is" fics you have. They're simply amazing. I love them to death.
luvin aoshi chapter 1 . 1/31/2005
Can I worship you now? Seriously though, you almost make SetoAnzu canon.

This was good, as usual. Love the drama...and the use of the original Little Mermaid. I remember reading that when I was little...and feeling really depressed by the ending.

NEway, Keep it up. _
RainbowKissed chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
hi i loved this story. you have written it very well! I have a few stories of my own, if you would like to read and reveiw them!