Reviews for The Forgotten Game
UrmixMoonstone chapter 12 . 4/11
Oh no! Whats gonna happen now?! Cant wait for the next update.
Angela Jewell chapter 2 . 3/30
Re: I Was A Fan. When I started this nearly 14 years ago, I had never written anything before, and had no idea how to go about it - yet I loved L.J. Smith and Ranma, and thought other Ranma/Akane fans might like to read a story where their favorite characters get sucked into a game where Akane is the prize. So yes, at first, being young, stupid, and inexperienced, I simply copied certain parts from the actual book, but as you noted, that only occurs in the first few chapters, and before long, I left that source behind *completely* and the story became my own. I'm sorry you feel betrayed, but I'm not sure why I have to apologize when I only write for fun, and make no money off this story; this isn't a New York Times Bestseller. If the issue were an ongoing one, I could understand your demand... but again, we're only talking about 4 out of 12 chapters here... and I've said countless times before that I intend to go back and rewrite them one day, so eventually, this won't even be an issue. In the meantime, in those 14 years, I've started MANY other stories (again, written completely by me) and rather than get caught up in revising something old, I've been concentrating on updating and finishing my incomplete stories instead (because with the rate I write, nothing would ever get done if I got distracted with fixing old chapters). No one is being harmed by my tiny bit of idiotic plagiarism; if nothing else, it's giving Ranma/Akane fans a fun story to read, and getting people to actually buy L.J. Smith's original series, which is what I always wanted in the first place. And though it's embarrassing, I can't very well remove those chapters because then the following chapters wouldn't make any sense. And I'm sure I could post a warning/forgive-me-plea at the very beginning of the story, but that would just discourage people from reading it (and stories exist to be read), get the entire story pulled when someone flagged it, or just start a flame-war that really isn't necessary. Besides, this is just fanfiction. I'm not being paid or compensated for doing any of this. So congratulations on finding this out, but it doesn't change anything: I'm not going to drop everything I'm doing to rewrite 4 chapters of a story that's 14 years old when I could be spending that time actually *finishing* it. And to be frank, I don't think I owe readers anything other than new chapters. If I owe anyone an apology, it's L.J. Smith. And since it's really only free advertising for her, I really doubt she cares.
i was a fan chapter 2 . 3/29
I was a fan of your works - marvelling at how your writing seemed to just flow well, how the words fit the scenario, and especially how the Ranma characters were depicted perfectly. However, I got curious about this Forbidden Game and decided to check it out. Imagine my surprise when I realized some of your paragraphs and sentences were copied-pasted words from the novel itself... the only distinction was that you replaced the book's characters with those from the anime. While I am aware that book served as your inspiration and that your fanfic is TIGHTLY based on the novel, it's ALMOST unforgivable to blatantly rip off your favorite author. "Almost" being the word, as you appear to be editing the older chapters. Methinks your readers and admirers deserve an apology, as most are unaware just how much of the first few chapters' words are indeed yours - your latter chapters (except Kasumi's) are indeed quite original, which is why this review is more forgiving than it would or could have been. Yes, I still want to find out how Ranma (Dee? Or, well, his vow was almost exactly like hers) will beat Gabriel.
La Pisces chapter 12 . 3/20
Ok, I gotta admit: when I read the first two chapters I wasn't convinced. But after rereading it I'm hooked! Can't wait for the next chapter.
Minako-chan4 chapter 12 . 2/23
Yey! I remember once I had started to read your fic, and then you never updated. i'm glad you have now and we can finish reading it. Can't wait for the end, hurry!
katlykat chapter 12 . 2/9
This is my FAVORITE story from you. I just reread it all to remember what happened before the new chapter and was nicely reminded why I was waiting for an update. (I'm only going to review this chapter though because I'm sure I've already reviewed the rest before) Backtracking slightly, I do love your interpretation of little Akane. She really made the flashback/nightmare real for me. I was a little sad that Akane fell for the fake Ranma. After first seeing him, I completely understand her reaction in trusting it was him. After that, and they started to fight, I could tell that wasn't an accurate depiction of Ranma. But, from what I know about your writing and how you characterize, I knew that couldn't be Ranma. You were right to make Akane fall for it, just reading it made me sad for her, you know? I'm not sure about how this vow stuff is going to affect the story though, it just seems like an unnecessary curve ball.
AliaBobbwa chapter 12 . 2/3
I can't believe I've been reading this story for this many years...lol
sodalicious chapter 12 . 1/18
Excuse me while i throw the biggest hissy fit at this website for the millionth time tonight. I can't believe it even failed to alert me of updates to this story. I want to hit something... hard.

okay. (deep breaths)

bless you from here to kingdom come for FINALLY continuing with this fanfic. I'm a hardcore fan. I loved it back then, and i love it even more now.

I honestly can't even imagine how it will end and what will really happen to the characters. Perhaps Kasumi really is gone and you're just cruelly (deliciously) leading us readers to hope in vain. I want to know what Nabiki has up her sleeve. (I've always favored the opportunistic sister and i love stories that correctly portray her as crafty and intelligent rather than just miserly and cold-hearted.)

And i'm starting to warm up to Gabriel as you reveal more about him. but villains are always suddenly cast in a pitiable and sympathetic light once we begin learn of their background. (of course, i'm not suggesting it excuses crimes or anything of the sort.) Ah, still, I love how you bring him to life, which is difficult to do when creating one's own character in a fanfic.

Hurry and update fast before I lose countless nights of sleep from imagining wild scenarios to come!
Mei-chan chapter 12 . 1/15
I want more! More! MOREEE!
What awesome chappie.
Dammit, I freaking fangirled when I thought Ranma kissed her and when it was Gabriel I let out a dissapointed sigh :/
Anyway, please update soon.
Teddy's Circus chapter 12 . 1/14
Hello there! Im glad you updated! I liked so much this chapter! I want...no..I NEED to know what happens next!

See ya next time darling!

P.D: I know this might sound creepy or something, but sometimes I found Gabriel ...hot...even though he is a psico, perverted jerk.
Lichan44 chapter 12 . 1/11
You are so welcome for what help I could give! Not that it was much because the chapter was awesome anyway! You are too hard on yourself. This is one of my favorite stories and I'm so glad to see you working on it again. That Gabriel is so infuriating! Loved watching Ranma get so mad that he smashed the mirror! Whoo! heh heh... God help Gabriel when he gets out of that attic! Can't wait to see Ranma kick his butt! And of course for Akane to get in some blows as well. Take THAT! _ As always, a great job! Eagerly awaiting the next chapter!
Bloody.death.cat chapter 12 . 1/10
God damn it a cliffy this is going to kill me I want yo know what happens next so please update soon and keep up all the good work you and your awesome team _
O'Donoghue chapter 12 . 1/9
Welcome back,

Good to see progress and tension building.
PhoebeRhae chapter 12 . 1/9
You're writting gives me the chills! I still feel sad for Kasumi though :'( anyway, can' t wait till next update!
pursemonger chapter 12 . 1/9
Very interesting update! When I was reading the scene with Ranma and Akane, I was thinking, wow he's meaner than usual! I really didn't get an inkling about what was happening until near the end.

I wonder how you are gonna get Akane out of her "promise".

The Ryoga scene of hiding and thinking how violent and mean Ukyo was to Akane made me laugh. Can't wait for another update.