Reviews for The Chrysanthemum and the Sword
Muzzlehatch chapter 2 . 12/3/2009
Looks like Kim came close to committing the unforgivable sin...despair.
Sentinel103 chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
NIce Charles I will finish this, yeah I know it's late but nice work.

Larry (Sentinel 103)
panda0031698 chapter 13 . 5/10/2008
this was a great second book but i think someone has been playing to much solerever 2 when they came up with the lotus blade lore
bigherb81 chapter 13 . 1/26/2008
Man I am really feeling this Buried series I wish I would have gotten into them a little sooner. But still awsome none the less I mean man a lot going on here and this is only the second story. I also feel that I have learned a lot from reading these stories too. But just how this one started take the twist from angst to supernatural was crazy and I can't wait to read the conclusion.
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 8 . 1/3/2008
As always no good deed goes unpunished.

Hopefully, Ron and convince Kim what really happened, or she is busting his chops.

I am liking all of the advice Shego is giving Ron for this life style. Is there a chance and she can become friends with Kim and Ron. She may have won Ron over already.

Thanks
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 7 . 1/3/2008
New twist for Shego, still a villain, but looking out for KP and RS. Plus I like this new Barkin, done with Middleton High and had moved on to more important things. Not that educating young minds isn't important.

Thanks
screaming phoenix chapter 13 . 12/5/2007
Wow, what a follow-up to Buried. I always thought that Shego had more respect for Kim and Ron than she let on testing of Kim and Ron, the averseity they face, A magificent tale of the affirmation of beliefs and love unconditional. On to book 3!
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 13 . 11/20/2007
Sweet mother of Zeus...you really know how to run our beloved characters through the ringer, dontcha Charlie? Cuz this some beautifully darkened stuff here, I must say;D

Definitely can't wait for Book I, as I imagine there will be some fun times ahead for Kim once she turns herself in...though I imagine she will get allowances to work with Ron (and Shego, if she is still alive and viable) to whoop Super Monkey Fist's simian tuchus :)
Mr. Wizard chapter 12 . 9/28/2007
Another chapter that proves above all a writer needs to think. So well done.
Final-Fan chapter 13 . 9/18/2007
Well, I'm now aching to race through Book I, but I should have been asleep after hitting the halfway point of Book II. And I still might keep reading. I often stay up too late to read a good story, but this is ridiculous.

Excellent work.
Final-Fan chapter 7 . 9/18/2007
Hiding info from the missus already? Bad news. Great story!
Drakonis Aurous chapter 13 . 9/15/2007
Whoa. Great follow up to Buried. The way you crafted Ron having to deal with personal sacrifice while taking care of Kim was excellent. But then again we would expect any less of Ron? The story of Shego and Barkin was also well done.
SolarinStudio chapter 13 . 8/14/2007
A worthy continuation of 'Buried'. I can see now why you had to be so graphic with the prologue. Something was needed to take Kim and Ron out of their 'comfort zone'.

However, this story, by comparison, makes 'Buried' look rushed.

I am really liking your take on the currentdynamic, and the Ninjas of Yamanouchi are entertaning. (I particularly like Sensei's desciplining of Yori.)

Given the forshadowing of the coming magical predations, I can think of no antagonist better suited than Monkey Fist. After all, he is no stranger to the mystic arts.

Shego is an interesting character, and her development seems plausible. I've alway wondered how much of her attitude towards Kim was actual contempt, and how much was professional pride.

Barkin, however, I find harder to swallow. I'll leave it at that.

I do think that the pacing (in parts) tends to fluctuate. It's a great read, and I finished it in an afternoon. But there are parts that go into more details, and others that seem glossed over. I know there is a better way to describe the pacing issue than that, but I can't really put m finger on -WHY- it seems that way. (So I guess it isn't much of a constructive criticism ( )

I'm off to the races on the next story. :)
pwykersotz chapter 13 . 6/15/2007
Yet another excellent (but still dark...so very, very dark) story! The road to recovery was quite well done. I particularly liked Ron doing the horribly nasty jobs with no reward except knowing that he was helping Kim. It definitely shows his character as a man.

Now I'm on to your next story!
Mr. Wizard chapter 11 . 4/5/2007
Again, you've really done well with creating a believeable situation. My favorite part was the conversation between Shego and Barkin. I must give you credit with the lapsed Catholic bit for Shego as well. I've gotten some decent mileage from it in my own work.

I'll try to get to the rest of the story later. There's quite a bit of great stuff under your name.